The Hamlet

Started by Vel, Thu 18/11/2004 20:13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

The new version is uploaded now, same link.

mags_don

tried your newer version and now when try to climb the ladder it says. "i dont think thats a good idea right now"

Vel

Yes indeed - maybe you do not need to climb the ladder at that time...

lspace

I also tried the new version and I still have the same problem with the unreadable black font.  Was this supposed to be corrected in this version?

Vel

I have absolutely no idea what causes that, so no.

Pet Terry

I guess I should post in this thread since I was a part of the team.

First of all, I hope you people enjoy playing the game, I had fun whilst working on it. At the time I had a "composer's block" of sort and looking back now I'm very satisfied how well the music turned out.

I also remember when I was polishing the background art, it was right after the winners were announced and we thought we'd polish the game before releasing it to public. I was working on those backgrounds 'til something like 3:00 at night and still didn't get all of the backgrounds finished. But I wanted the game to be released as soon as possible. And then some of our team members got busy with real life (tm).

Overall I'm happy with the finished product, it was fun working with you guys. Good job everyone, let's keep it up.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

lspace

Quote from: Vel on Sun 21/11/2004 15:37:15
I have absolutely no idea what causes that, so no.

Is it essential to game play to be able to read this black text?  If not, I will give it a go as the game sounds quite interesting and looks good too.

Pod

Quote from: Vel on Sun 21/11/2004 08:59:50
Yes indeed - maybe you do not need to climb the ladder at that time...

What's to prevent the Ego climbing the ladder BEFORE he needs to? is there anything in the game to prevent him, or just some mysterious urge?

splat44

Quote from: Vel on Sat 20/11/2004 19:36:57
The new version is uploaded now, same link.

So Far, I've I got torn piece of note, the knife and ax. I also spoke with man from last house.

I am using your latest version especially when trying climbing on ladder and I still cannot do so yet. I try using few items on hanging bail and also try to push it. I do get message "cannot reach it" or something like that.

What else I need to do?

Ieremiou

Interesting game. Feels short to me what with how the introduction was done. Still feels rushed but that's okay it had good music atmosphere and the talking picture graphics were great looking. Those parts were great. Some of the other stuff felt iffy...
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

Pod

I can't read the text :(

martin

well i enjoyed it but i kep getting shot so i dont see how to finish the game.!!!!!!  ???

lakerz

Heh, very nice effort for everyone involved in "The Hamlet."  I liked the graphics, the way the houses looked a bit tattered and abandoned.  Sure, the game is short, but it has a lot of atmosphere.  ;D

martin, at the end of the game:

Spoiler
try hiding in the barn.  Look for an object that you can hide yourself with.  Also, notice where the man is standing.  ;)
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh, sorry but I have to say this...

Mis-quote - "You back up and rush at the door, leaving you with a bruised shoulder."

But the animation and the verb is of him KICKING down the door...

Sorry, but it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. I kept wondering WHERE was his shoulder. In his ankle? :=
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

GarageGothic

Wow, very atmospheric game - although I was expecting more from the plot with that wonderful setup. I really loved the dialog pics. They remind me of the old Horrorsoft games (Elvira, Waxworks etc.). The rest of the graphics didn't quite match the style, but it would be impossible to keep that near-photographic quality in everything.

Nice puzzles as well - the comparison of the two letters isn't something I've seen before, and the final "chase" reminded me of Dagger of Amon Ra.

Great work guys!

Vel

Actually, there was a comparison in handwritings in one of the police quests, can't remember which, though. It seemed like something that is pretty natural to do, something you'd do in real life. As for the ending puzzle, I haven't played Dagger of Amon Ra, so I can't say I copied it from somewhere else.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Vel

ggp

I'm stuck. Same place as splat, but his question wasn't answered. Ive got;
Spoiler
Torn paper, axe, knife, have spoken to new neighbour and tryed to climb the barn ladder but it wont let me. What do i do next please ?!
[close]

Iwan

Spoiler
Have you spoken to both neighbors or just the business man? I you havn't then examine the window of the house before and then knock it. Then the man inside will come out.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk