The Hamlet

Started by Vel, Thu 18/11/2004 20:13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

wyr3x

i`m downloading it right now... (and because of the screenshots) i really really  liked the graphics !!!!!.  ;)
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Remco

I played it and i must say it was great. The graphics where really beatiful.

The only thing i didnt liked was that is was a little bit on the short side, but see that as a compliment that i would liked to play it longer ;). Nice work.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

landslidepurist

Just downloaded this. I've got a flat-screen lcd monitor and the top of the screen has disappeared off the top. I can't alter the monitor enough to get it in, so is there anything I can do to get it full-screen? It's not as good windowed.

landslidepurist

i went ahead and played in windowed mode. Just finished.

It was great - please make another!  :)

Damien

landslidepurist: I have the same problem with my LCD monitor,  run winsetup.exe from game's directory and turn on "Force letterbox mode" that way the game will always be forced to use 320x240 or 640x480 mode.

landslidepurist

hey thanks, that solved it.  :)

sunshinegold

Quote from: Vel on Sun 21/11/2004 15:37:15
I have absolutely no idea what causes that, so no.

Vel please fix the 'black' text.  Cannot read your text so it takes the fun away from playing your game.  From what I have read so far, it does seem like a good game. 

Please fix it.  I don't understand that you do not see the 'black' text when we do :(

Vel

I really don't know why it happens, and Im afraid that if I dont know the reason, I cannot fix it... sorry.

sunshinegold

Quote from: Vel on Sun 27/03/2005 19:14:04
I really don't know why it happens, and Im afraid that if I dont know the reason, I cannot fix it... sorry.

Hi Vel and thank you for answering my post so fast.

I went back to the game, tried the 'forced letterbox' but that did not help.Ã,  Ã, What I don't understand is that the text in the 'critics' is great, black with white trimming but when we get to the 'Hamlet/house/barn' the text is all black no white trimming which makes it impossible to read.

YOU don't seem to have the same problem:

From your post on page 1 Huh?
It's white font with black outline... O_o
At least for me it is...

and yet Khrismuck as shown you the proof (still on page 1 right below your post.)

Please help.

Pet Terry

Hello, I was also a team member in Creative Minds when we were working on The Hamlet. Apparently we have no idea what could be causing the text being black because noone in the team encountered that bug (there was 5 of us + 2 beta testers). So there's not much we can do about it. I guess the best bet would be ask CJ about this matter, maybe he has some ideas what could be causing this.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Julie

Great game!- Anyone know what to do after the scream? I looked in the one guys house...

Julie

still cant go up the ladder... but what do I do after the screams?

stuh505

sigh.  i am so bad at adventure games...could anyone give me a hint how to get the first door open?

Julie

You must go to your inventory and compare the two notes first......

EKM

Just finished this...

Cool game, too short though...I liked the graphics, the gameplay and the whole mystery. The low percentage of characters in the game also helped to build up the "spook."

RyRayer

Very nice. I expected a little bit longer game, but that's not a problem. "Quality not quantity". Some places were quite spooky.

Zargaist

For this black text with black outline, instead of trying to turn to white the text inside the black outline, you could try to remove the black outline and put the narrative and discussion text in a box, this way, it would be readable.

But you probably tried that before.

Phemar

Here are a few bugs I found:

1. You left debug mode on.
2. The barn is filled with bugs!
    - All the walk behinds are buggy, especially with the hanging bale.
    - Roger should have been standing lower for the bale to fall on him.
3. When he kicks down the door, the text says he gets a bruised shoulder.
4. The plot should have been thicker.
5. I'd expect at least a little reaction to the bodies in the freezer.
6. What was that green thing in front of the freezer?

EDIT: Why did his friend invite him over though?

Vel

Spoiler
Maybe because he was really lonely, and would enjoy his company. Or maybe not...
[close]

PS: InCreator, is The Hamlet v2 going anywhere?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk