Anthony's Essay

Started by abibliophobe, Fri 17/12/2004 14:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

abibliophobe

Yay, my first game finished! (Well the first one that my brother didn't accidentally delete before it was uploaded anyway)

You can download it from the page:
http://www.wn.com.au/cpandsawalker/game/index.html

or else a direct link to the game:
http://www.wn.com.au/cpandsawalker/game/game.zip

There are also going to be improved music and speech downloads, but I haven't uploaded them yet.

I suppose I should tell you the game is fairly short, but hopefully not too hard! I used photos for all of the graphics but I think it looks... well, alright! I'm really bad at drawing anyway :P

Totoro

Hehe, the use of photos looks much more interesting than I thought and its kind of freaky, nice for a first game.
Critic: Sometimes I find the words on the bottom a bit hard to read, and I am not really sure about the exits in some roomes.

abibliophobe

Yes, I knew about the exits, that's why I added the feature where you can use the arrow keys to move - it helps! However, since you found it a problem, I will try to fix it. I had thought maybe it wouldn't be worth the bother, and it was just me who couldn't get them to work.

I will also try to fix the writing at the bottom, thanks for pointing it out.

abibliophobe

I will also make a walkthrough for the game at some stage  :P

abibliophobe

Me again lol

Screenshots:

Totoro

I liked the girls sitting on the first photos and how they are moving. Are they your girlfriends?  ;)

Vespr

I'm getting the exit problem too, but I love the music, especially the "Rubber Ducky" song!  ;D

abibliophobe

I've (tried to) fix the exits and the words at the bottom, and I'm uploading it now. (The link will be the same.)

I have made a walkthrough, available at http://www.wn.com.au/cpandsawalker/game/walkthrough.txt

And one of those girls is my sister if that answers your question!Ã,  Ã,  ;)

Also, I picked the music to match various "themes" from the people in the game (eg. Chris acts like Sesame Street is his favourite show... or maybe it is...). In the classroom (if you got there) it should be the theme from The Great Escape, which I spent basically the whole school year humming.

Risk

wow, it's actually better than I thought it would be. great job! ...still playing...

SGK

Really good game! havent finished yet..

EDIT: btw, you uploaded just 2mb of the speech files..!
Perils of Poom rules! Therefore i want a sequel!

for the ones that finished 7days,check this;D

abibliophobe

Oops, did I? Well I'll upload the full speech pack soon! (And the "improved" music one too)

Totoro

Quote from: Zirconius on Sun 19/12/2004 12:55:06
And one of those girls is my sister if that answers your question!    ;)

Ooooh, which one is it? Which one?  :=

abibliophobe

She's the one on the far left lol

Totoro

How mean you cut her in half ;)

By the way I had a bug: When looking for "something" SHE wanted me to search, AFTER I fulfilled her first wish, I got

(Global Script Line 117)
Error; New room: requested 2 room changes within one script

when clicking around in the bushes and trees on the left side of the sesame-street-guy screen.

abibliophobe

Hmm... I'll check it out. (see if I can get the same problem anyway!)

Do you think it would be a short game or a medium game?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk