Wanderer Beta is released.

Started by DragonRose, Mon 14/10/2002 16:34:53

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRose

Do you like hour games?

Do you like lack of plot?

Do you like bad animations?

Then download WANDERER- all the skill of an hour game, with about a thousand times the development time!

Translation: I made a game.  It is buggy.  Woo!

Edit: Right click on the link and select "Save target as"
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Helm

WINTERKILL

MillsJROSS

A little short. A little slow. Still, I thought I should play it, even after you gave your own game such a bad review. If you sped up the chracters walking speed and explained exactly what a burnypip is than...uh...I guess your game would be better, or at least faster to beat and make more sense.

-MillsJROSS

petaglair

ha ha i finished this terrible game
great

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

Snake

Pétaglair, you're so..you're such a...a...FOOL!1!

Rose, you need to distribute a readme with the game, along with the setup program. At least include the setup.dat file. What resolution was it suppposed to be in? The Bunyips were choppy.

Anyway, it was an okay attempt at a first game. You should have throughly tested it before you uploaded it. The graphics kind of sucked major ass. I'm just kidding :) The graphics were pretty good, except one thing, lay off the damned smudging tool! ;) The blurring was unnessessary. You did a good job on the main character's graphics and animation, I really liked it, except he walks too slow :) I'd love to see him in a longer, higher quality game :)
What else...
The plot (lol) was okay, except all you had to do was walk to the right, pick up the key and use it on the gate and it's all over! What is that? hehe.

Over all, I think this game could have been a hundred times better if there were actual puzzles. There should have been a puzzle for him to get by the Bunyip in the first screen. He can just mozy on by it without anything happening.

Better luck on your next project :)

lol, "Bunyip"

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Squinky

Yep, I tried this out a while ago two...and I basically agree  with Farmer Snake....
Keep at it, my first game was a 4 room game where you had to pick up a sword and stab your boss to death.....so, this tottally tops that....

And petegliair, sometimes your sense of humor comes off weird, which is fine. But I have to tell you it isn't cool to post stuff like that in someones release thread. Imagine working on a game forever and having somebody tell you it sucks....
Personally, it would bumm the shit out of me....

Snake

Squinky, you gotta' let me play that game!!1!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

petaglair

what did you think i meant

sometimes i'm not joking

i just said i finished the game and i enjoyed it
maybe you don't like this game and you think i meant that but i do like it
and i din't even try to attempt any irony or humor

or maybe i didn't understand what you mean

a fool?....

??

maybe it's the word "terrible" in french also means "pleasantly amazing"

or maybe i didn't understand were you joking?
don't forget i'm french speaking

why a fool ? snake? why

well
actually who cares

DragonRose

Petaglair's statement is fine, because I e-mailed him and said that it was a terrible game.  It only took me forever to make because I'm a lazy person and almost forgot about it for six months.

I actually made this game almost a year ago, and at the time I didn't even understand what a "resolution" was.  I thought it had something to do with how big my screen was. Percy is actually just drawn over a RON character, and the Bunyip was my first attempt in my entire life at animation. I was Uber-noob. This game is just short of me hitting random buttons and posting the results on the internet..  

This game was never intended to make any sort of sense. It's just me goofin' around.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

petaglair

Quote from: Dragonrose on Wed 06/11/2002 15:48:16Petaglair's statement is fine, because I e-mailed him and said that it was a terrible game.  It only took me forever to make because I'm a lazy person and almost forgot about it for six months.

I actually made this game almost a year ago, and at the time I didn't even understand what a "resolution" was.  I thought it had something to do with how big my screen was. Percy is actually just drawn over a RON character, and the Bunyip was my first attempt in my entire life at animation. I was Uber-noob. This game is just short of me hitting random buttons and posting the results on the internet..  

This game was never intended to make any sort of sense. It's just me goofin' around.

i really like this girl
:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk