The Avatar Archive

Started by .., Sat 08/01/2005 19:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

I always thought it would be cool to have a place where all users past avatars could be displayed so you can kind of see the progression, or have flash backs to the good old days of old. Post all your previous avatars here, and maybe even ones you use on other forums, if you like.

I've only had two, lol. Here they are though.

It should be interesting seeing others

HillBilly

I've been using this one since I registered(2002).

Pet Terry

2002 - 2003
2003 - 2004
2004 - 2005
2005 -

I think I have lost the two first avatars I had, two crappy pixelly portraits of myself.

I dare m0ds to post some of his old avatars including my all time favourites 'adventures strike back' and the one with "something" coming from inside his pants... :P

EDIT: Updayted, fixed links and yabble. I've also had christmassy versions of all my old avatars but I don't feel like digging them up. In the mean time, imagine those avatars with Santa's hat.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Privateer Puddin'

I've had lots, but only have my current one on my pc ;o

HillBilly

Quote from: Petteri on Sat 08/01/2005 20:26:58
2002 - 2003
2003 - 2004
2004 - 2005

I think I have lost the two first avatars I had, two crappy pixelly portraits of myself.

I dare m0ds to post some of his old avatars including my all time favourites 'adventures strike back' and the one with "something" coming from inside his pants... :P

I seem to recall you had an black n' white Hoagie from DOTT? I could be wrong, though.

Ghormak

Pretty much the only ones I've used.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Damien

QuoteI seem to recall you had an black n' white Hoagie from DOTT? I could be wrong, though.
That was Pessi, I beileve.

What? Everybody's doing it.

HillBilly

Ah, right. Petteri, Pessi, both names involve the letter P.

Arboris

I haven't had many avatars (Well, haven't been here for that long)

and

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

InCreator

Aiee! A place for me, teH sick avatar maker!
Where can I find all of the crap I have drawn & used so far?
I found some:

The production of boredom

Representing myself

! Roger Madness !

Weird

Er... now there's absolutely no need for doctor, please don't look at me like that!

Actually, I think I had some more... but even this is more than enough to get dial-uppers and moderators upset.

HillBilly

Didn't you have a square too?

Gregjazz

Man, this thread brings back old memories!

Remember that time that we had that CJ cult planned and then he subsequentially changed his name?

Ishmael

The avatars I've used here, in the order I recall using them:

Avatar I've made with the thought "if someone needs an avatar"...

so there...
:=
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

InCreator

Quote from: HillBilly on Sat 08/01/2005 22:57:44
Didn't you have a square too?

The isometric yellow-red-blue blinking whatever-it-was?
Yes, I just forgot where it was. Added now.

Haddas

Avatars I've made, but not used here, or yet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Haddas/avatars/epilepsy.gif

I've had others, but their location is unknown...

InCreator, can I join your club?

Goldmund

Voila

This one is from the ezboard AGS forums (Ah! The longing!), the first I used after I had registered:

The above is Chris Burden, an American performer, crucified on a roof of a Volkswagen.

Then I had this in 2002:

Which is me in classy b&w.

Then I had this, also since 2002:

Which is me in classy revolutionary red.

And now I'm just a sphinx from Michel Folon's picture.
Who knew it would come to this?

Pesty

Let's see here...pull up a chair, young'uns. It's time to go back in...time. I don't have a lot of avatars, and I don't recollect any that I don't have. So you'll have to live with what I've got.

Who could forget my beautiful rendition of the great superhero, Matthew Lesko? I sure can't!

And then there was this, which was an attempt at a rendition of me:

Then came the most international of Incidents:

And now I have my Truffle Shuffle. That's it. Go away now. You damn kids with your music...
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Dart

Hmm, this thread does bring back memories. Some of the avatars pictured below are ones that I've used for a couple of months, and others only for a couple of hours. Anyway, here they are, in a not-so-random order:

Avatars that relate to Playstation game Chrono Cross

Link (from the Legend of Zelda) avatars

Other game avatars

(Heh, does anyone remember that Commander Keen mini-contest I had up? :P)

Miscelleaneous

(I believe this was the first one I ever had)

Looking back at all this, it seems like I've had a quite a bundle of avatars so far, even though I've only been here for around 8-9 months. And I probably forgot to include some of them.  -_-

Esseb

Watch them smoke in unison, if you refresh your browser until they start smoking at the same time.

monkey0506

I think I actually created this avatar FOR the AGS forums. And now I use it everywhere. Well, I still have my "Look-at-me-I-look-like-santa" avatar:

Both of these are the results of my playing around with (not using...) Photoshop. Man... It's a small world after all... (let me know if you catch that)

EDIT: I don't remember (I probably wasn't around) during the Commander Keen mini-contest, but just to ensure that this edit is completely off topic, I do remember playing Commander Keen on my Tandy Computer (Pentium 0MHz Processor [j/k] actually probably pretty close) and that was awesome. Those were the days when I was forced to take naps in school. Now I have to pass out to be allowed to do that. :D

Timosity

2002 - This is the one I started with

2003 - then briefly I changed to this

then

Then I discovered a PHP script thanks to juncmodule that allows you to have a random avatar everytime the page loads, so this gave me an oportunity to have as many as I liked. here are some of them.

A Meet the Feebles theme

A Where the Wild Things are theme

other random images

I've used this for the last 18 months

so I think it's time for a new one.

TerranRich

These are the only ones left on my hard drive after the crash in the middle of 2004...

I had many, many more but they are now gone. :(

HillBilly

I love the G.I. Joe spoof one.

TerranRich

Hey kid! I'm a computer! Stop all the downloadin'! Help computer...

I LOVE the GI Joe PSA spoofs. Especially the "Give him the stick!" one.

jetxl

(don't know where I placed the original one)

HillBilly

Quote from: TerranRich on Mon 10/01/2005 01:32:34
Hey kid! I'm a computer! Stop all the downloadin'! Help computer...

I LOVE the GI Joe PSA spoofs. Especially the "Give him the stick!" one.

DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!

Do you know my dad?

AGA

Originally on EZboard I had a close-up of Leisure Suit Larry's face.

After that, up until a few months ago I had:

Now I have (as you can see):

Personally I associate people with their avatars, so people who frequently (constantly in some of your cases) change their avatars confuse me.

Squinky

Quote from: AGA on Mon 10/01/2005 21:46:39

Personally I associate people with their avatars, so people who frequently (constantly in some of your cases) change their avatars confuse me.

Yeah, me too, Theres actaully a few people that I've just now realized who they were because they showed their old avatars....I lose track, but, whats even worse is when people change their names all the damned time....

AGA

Yeah. I asked CJ to disable that, but he didn't. I suspect it's because he's a robosexual.

Pumaman

1999 - 2002

2002 - 2003

2003 - present

QuoteYeah. I asked CJ to disable that, but he didn't. I suspect it's because he's a robosexual.

Yeah, well I slept with your robo-mum.

Dan2552

i never thought of backing up my avatar. so all i have at the moment is this one:

:-\ it would be in my avatar place, but it looks ugly all squashed up

Iwan

I'm quite fond of my avatar at the moment. I like my avatars to be of me, taken by or drawn by me...yep. Here are some I've used in the past...

cha ching!

Nine Toes

In order, since I joined (I don't think I forgot any...):

I think I'm going to leave Darrell up there for a while.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Domino

I don't have my early avatars on my computer, but these are some of the recent ones i've been using.

shawn

Mr_Frisby

There's kind of a theme somewhere -

apart, of course, for the green goblin thingy - not sure what the hell that thingy is.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

HillBilly

Quote from: AGA on Mon 10/01/2005 21:46:39

You've always been an evil nazi mutant to me.  :)

Squinky

Quote from: AGA on Mon 10/01/2005 22:06:56
Yeah. I asked CJ to disable that, but he didn't. I suspect it's because he's a robosexual.

Suspect no more, I just caught him trying to seduce my washing machine, the dirty bastard!

Sam.

i first had my garfield, then my garfield santa and now i have garfield 3d!!!!

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

[Cameron]

These are the only ones i could find, first there is revolutionary me,  and the new anime me.

I also used to have a normal photo of me, and one that had my name. I'm so narcissistic.

Domino

Suspect no more, I just caught him trying to seduce my washing machine, the dirty bastard!

Sorry CJ. I know this picture will probably get me banned from here, but here goes.  :)

Couldn't resist it.

SSH

Sorry to drag an old thread up, but I just found an old avatar:

Watch the squirrel drink himself to oblivion

Also, I want to ask people if anyone can remember the URL for my dancing ultrasound baby avatar, as i dont have the computer which had the original anymore and its lost somewhere in the depths of 2dadventure...

I'll put my other ones here too, so I don't forget them:
Christmas version thereof:

Yay, the supreme being that is Pumaman looked up my lost avatar for me and found:

Haddas

I think it might exist on the AGS annual cd somewhere... Damn. Sadly it wasn't there. We all pray for your avatar SSH.

Ubel

Well, I might just as well post my avatars here. So here they are, all the avatars I've ever used:

Helm

I've lost all of my old ones :(
WINTERKILL

Lordhoban

Well, here are the avatars I've used on another board...

Devil Face

Dark alien face

(alien variation without glasses)

Eccentric Genius face...
And the one I just started using here today, but was using it on another board:

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Otis the supergoose.

8)
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

JeebusSez

Sephiroth obsession there, pablo?

Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã, 

Ubel

S3Ph1r0th 1Z T3h r0xx0rz!!1 ;D

2ma2

You should see my book..

magintz

umm, my current one
<----

plus these

There was also a series of me on my own, modified with xmas hat and modified again with pikachu on my shoulder.

I'll try to find them somewhere for all my loyal followers.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Akumayo

All the avatars I've ever had eh?

A grand total of two!!!

(and the one in use..)
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

pcj

I don't think you want me to post all 509 avatars currently in my loop, so:
http://www.bpcent.com/avatars.jpg/list.asp
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

JD

In no particular order:

Nacho

I remember the stickman crushing a wall as... very annoying after the second loop!  :D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

JD

It's quite notorious! People sent me messages about how much they liked it, and I remember some people complained about it's size (580kb or something). But it is so awesome!

Nacho

The difference between love and hate is only one step far! I loved it at the beginnng, but ot after a while. No offense, I love you still!  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk