FLASHBAX ....FINISHED..

Started by foz, Mon 01/09/2003 20:00:41

Previous topic - Next topic

foz

Ã,  :-[

See temp site:

http://www.freewebs.com/fozbee/

Here it is....FLASHBAX ...a game thats taken 6 months of hard work....
I never bothered doing demos or teasers as i thought i would concentrate on making it as good as possible......
Please visit the link.....

This is Ã, the last UPLOAD of this..

http://www.freewebs.com/fozbee/

or

http://www.fozbee.co.uk/FB.exe

I have UPDATED the interface to the new one that will be used in the prequel.

And fixed all the bugs i know about and corrected some of the things that have been brought up.

I will get cracking more seriously on the prequel.

Thanks for the support...even thou its a bit of a risky game.

I hope everyone has enjoyed it.

and i even stop using loads of ............................`s Ã, 
that should please VEL.

laters
MR FOZBEE
???

Dr Snark

ITs a great game, but IM already stuck..

I can't get that robot to stop!

Alexis Vale

I made a .zip file of it for you if you want it...so others don't have to download WinACE...just reply and I'll upload it.

Minimi

First of all, I finished your game! WOOOT ;)
Second I want to tell you that you should really speed up the animations and walking speed!! This really sucked! It dured 2 minutes that the robot came and left! Ohw... and third! You do not have to PM me about your game, and who knows you pm also, and don't post it in every thread that you finished it, we will find it out anyway! ;) About your game furthermore. I loved the puzzles, but that intro was really weird! It dured also too long! So if you speed it all up a bit I'll give you 8/10 ;D

foz

sorry ......minimi......i PM`d you because you where one of the people that had replied to the screenshots and thought you might be interested to be one of the first to try my game........

...this is the first game i have made it took a long time.....and is complete...not a short 2 rooms or a half finished demo......

i will not trouble you again.......

Alexis Vale

http://professor_lexi.tripod.com/foz/index.html

There's a zip file for you all.

foz

Cheers alexis............But,

A few BUGS have been corrected since you ZIPPED this.......
I have UPDATED my site and will add a normal ZIP file as well as the WINACE file.......and i will continue to update site if anymore BUGS are found......

http://www.incarelectrics.co.uk/game.html

Thanks anyway....ALEXIS..

Squinky

I'm downloading now....

bummer man, I'll have to check out the zip, as my version of winace is too old...

Duzz

good game man, I enjoyed it. I thought the intro was top, and the puzzles were very good.
The walking speed WAS a bit slow though.

a couple of bugs:
Spoiler
before i got the water pistol, I used the paint on itself, and somehow the black fake gun appeared, this caused a few other problems as well I think...  I also managed to get the lens twice after i used it with the cardboard tube...
[close]

Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Vel

Spoiler
How do I get the keycard? And what do I use the telescope for?
[close]

PeaceMan

Great game Foz. It's advanced a lot since I tested those first two rooms. Are the cutscenes AVI's or just animations in the rooms?

There is a problem with the sleeping guard
Spoiler
because if you leave and comeback after you drug him he is alive again.
[close]

foz

Cheers peaceman.......
I did the cutscenes.....as animations...using sprites and background animation scripting........

I`ll rectify that bug you pointed out.....

Thanks...
FOZ

foz

I have now UPDATED MY SITE with a WINZIP....ZIP file.......

also  thanks to vel,duzz,peaceman.........

I have fixed all the bugs you have found and the latest version is on the site for DOWNLOAD....

cheers guys

WanderLady

Hi foz,

From what I played, I'd say you did a really good job.  The animations were good  :). The first few puzzles were done well :). I started to really enjoy the game.

It's just that(...and I'll probably be alone on this...) the vulgarities, even though they may have been few, took away that enjoyment, so that I didn't want to finish.

foz

Sorry  ....WanderLady....if you where offended..........
i have a bit of a warped outlook on things...and tend to push things further than i should.......if you have`nt finished the game its probaly best as it only gets worse as the game goes on.............(specialally the ending sequence.......I was`nt gonna push it that far ...but did..).
as with all media if you don`t like it turn over....

......it might not appeal to everyone.....but hopefully theres a place for everything in this diverse world.....

LATERS FOZ......

nihilist

Ey champion - this game rocks!!! Best thing I've seen on AGS for a long time... seriously, good intro, decent graphics, and good puzzles!

Only started playing it for few minutes before, but I gotta say, It's awesome..

2 BUGS TO REPORT: 1. Save game problem - I have to type a new name for a game each time I save, guess it could be changed a bit.
WARNING SPOILER! 2. Game froze when I tried to
Spoiler
combine the bleach with the coffee
[close]

foz

Thanks Nihilist.........

The 2nd bug you found has been fixed and upload to the site.....
it was connected to the close screens......i did`nt allow for the fact that someone might use them together when you can`t see the playercharcter......
any how cheers for your help..............

also in the light of WanderLady saying it was vulgar......
THIS VERSIONS cert 18 .......should i make a cert PG version...tame it down......

if there enough call for it i`ll spend the time altering the existing game
so theres 2 version......you can then take your pick

cheers foz

Vel

Flashbax is reviewed in this month's AGS ezine.

foz

RE:AGS EZINE.......i think the bugs and stuff vel encountered have been ironed out in the latest upload..........let me know if not.................

in the light of this REVIEW......should i change the game.......or not....??

The is a prequel to this game already planned.......
SHOULD I CONTINUE TO MAKE THE GAME OR START A NEW PROJECT....??

I found the reviewer was more angered that i stepped over a line regards certain segments of the game which affected the overall score rating...

I tried to do something i`ve not seen before in a adventure game.....
The majoirity of AGS games baring a few are not complete, full of bugs ,unlogical puzzles,badly drawn......the list goes on....
But seem to ge excellent scores.....
I know its a bit warped......and the ending might not be all jolly the hero wins again......(the prequel was planned as part of this story ...)....but thats the point......things don`t always work out....

FLASHBAX .....has bugs (....so does games like APPRENTICE..)....but at least i spent the time to finish the project,rather than chatting about what i`m going to do....or putting a badly drawn screen on the forums saying this i going to be this ..or that....

I biased...... but i think my game is as good as any of the top AGS game out there...

I agree it pushes boundries and have since asked if people would like me to do a version that has been toned down...
as i said i would completely change some of the puzzles....and take out and replace some scenes.....(a bit like sensorship)....and have two versions....
if more than 2 people ...VEL and WanderLady request it i`ll remix the game.......im gonna stop ranting now....
it seems i have made a CULT game that appeals to some(nihilist,PeaceMan,Duzz,Minimi)....but not all....
One last question....
The is a prequel to this game already planned.......(The intro and first room are done)
SHOULD I CONTINUE TO MAKE THE GAME OR START A NEW PROJECT....??
laters foz

Vel

First, foz, stop using these"......"s.
Second, I think making a prequel will be a good idea, as long as there aren't scenes like the old man one and puzzles like severing one's hand just to get pass the hand scanner. The typos aren't fixed even in the new version. And, as I said, the art is nice, but the second part of the plot/puzzles was quite bad IMO. I think that the only ones who would like them are quake/doom fans. And, as I wrote in my article, the sad ending is ok, but the game didnt make me actually care about the main character, so it didn't quite work out. I think that an open ending would be better.
Sorry to say that, but games like the uncertainty machine, apprentice and buccaneer are better than yours. the thing I am trying to say is that you have potential - a thing many others do not have. But this game seemed like "rushed out", especially in the second part  - try to avoid that in your future releases. Your game does not lack art or animation, it lacks mostly strong dialogues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk