MSN Messenger Problems?

Started by .., Sun 23/01/2005 15:57:54

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been experiencing a lot of problems with MSN Messenger, I was suddenly signed out and then in again.  At first I thought it was just my machine, so I rebooted and tried again, but same problems.

I think it's got something to do with MSN.  Does anybody know if they're doing maintenance or something? The site that tells you the current status is down too, with an error message.

Is anybody else having problems? Particularly HillBilly and Barbarian, as I was talking to you at the time.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yep. There's been trouble. Alec and SpacePirateCaine and myself have also experienced it. Should be over relatively soon.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Darth Mandarb

Interesting ...

I am having similar problems and I thought there was something wrong with my computer!

It just keeps booting me.  Good to know others are experiencing this too.

Another thing it's doing is loading in the background (invisibly - no system tray icon).  I have it disabled and it shouldn't be doing that!  But it's doing it non-the-less.

Does anybody know why this would happen?  Does Outlook use it or something?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

No, Outlook doesn't use Messenger in any way...

BTW, for me it seems to be on again.

Kneel. Now.

Damien

Actually, outlook does use Messenger, don't beileve me? Try to shut down the Messenger while outlook is open. You should get this message:
QuoteThere are other applications currently using features provided by the window messenger, you must close, blah, blah, blah...   ...may include Outlook, Outlook express, msn explorer and internet explorer.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh yeah, that's right, I got that once. Didn't know why, never got it again. Bleh, never use Outlook meself. Thanks for correcting me. ;)

Kneel. Now.

HillBilly

It worked, then it didn't work, then it worked again and now it's not working.

Very annoying. How are we supposed to finish the game on time??  :o

Haddas

have a team channel on IRC, like normal people. :P

HillBilly

Oh, shut up!

*Hugs Bill Gates*

Quotehave a team channel on IRC, like normal people.
Yes but we're not normal people, our group is made up of a pensioner, the president and the worlds unluckiest boy

HillBilly

I'm the President, just so that's clear.

Hail me.

Haddas

Quote from: Scuthbert on Sun 23/01/2005 17:47:29
Quotehave a team channel on IRC, like normal people.
Yes but we're not normal people, our group is made up of a pensioner, the president and the worlds unluckiest boy

Well... You could still have a team channel on irc. Many visit #ags, and people like me spend all their free time there.

Chicky

whoo, it's working for me.  :D

HillBilly

Me too. I knew Bill Gates wouldn't betray us.

Yes, he maintence all the servers 24/7.

Gord10

I have problem about MSN, too :( I think we should use the IRC, #ags to discuss our game till it is fixed.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Seleceus

To shut off the MSN options in Outlook, goto Tools-> Options -> Other [Tab].  Uncheck the Instant Messaging Radio button at the bottom the the dialog to disable.  Otherwise you will always have issues with Outlook when MSN is down.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

InCreator

The problem is in almighty MS servers being down. I blamed it on MSN 7.0 beta and erased it to re-download & reinstall old reliable 6.3

But - whoa - http://messenger.msn.com has became even more worhtless piece of shit than it was before.

Most likely they doubled all the stupid crap they have there, such as MSN Today, travel, weight loss, etc junk no sane person ever reads and got servers burning down.   :P

sometimes it connects, some other not. Most likely same thing with sign-in.

"your contact list isn't available at the moment"
"please check your internet connectivity"

burn-burn-burn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk