Beyond the door

Started by Bulrog, Wed 09/02/2005 10:56:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulrog

Hello sunshinegold,

Thanks for playing my game and sad that there is still a bug.Ã,  :'( I developped the text for this game on another editor. As consequence, sometimes the text cannot be displayed because the text showed by the game contains unknown character (not compatible with SCI font type).

I tried to reproduce the failure without success :-[. Could you try to launch the game, start new game and go in this room and not down the sequences of look/interact... that creates the bug.

I will still try on my side to produce it by trying different things but till now no success  :-[.

Thanks again to take times to report this issue,

Bulrog.

lakerz

I found Beyond the Door to be a very challenging and great first effort in making an AGS game!  The puzzles definitely reminded me of some of the harder commercial adventure games out there like Schizm and Rama.  People should give this one a try even if it seems hard because the hint system is integrated into the game and leads one to how the puzzles are solved which is quite neat.  A few times I was very confused but after reading through the hints it made sense (sorta).   :=

Bulrog

Thanks for this feedbackÃ,  :). And thanks also for the help to fix the first bugs found (see the games page for the download of the new versionÃ,  ;D)

Hope other people will do the same...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Can you link us to the new version? Because your page seems to be down again.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Bulrog

I tried from the main game page and I got no issue to get it. Could you tell me if you tried from thereÃ,  and if the problem still there?
I also check the number of download and since your post, it looks thatÃ,  otherÃ,  people download the game, so it should be ok.Ã,  ???

EKM

I can always help you with the English in the game if you want...

I'll play the game tonight.

Bulrog

What do you mean by helping with the game?
Getting the text and review them to make them better?

sweet4grease

???
This looks like a great game if I could only get it to play.

I've downloaded it twice and each tme I try to launch the game I get opening credits, then it shuts down and gives the following message:

An error has occured. Please contact the game author as this is caused by the game rater than the interpreter.
(ACI Version 2.55.560)

(Room 36 script line 20)
Error: FilesEOF: invalid file handle; file not previously opened

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is there a bug? I would really like to play! :-\

Bulrog

Hello sweet4grease,

Thanks for downloading my game and showing so much interest in playing it. ;D

According to the issue you report, it looks you cannot access a file that is required by the game. So normally when you unzip the game, you should get the executable (BTD.exe) and in the same folder a subfolder named Data. In this subfolder you have several files and they are all needed but the one that is giving trouble in our case is H.t2g. So could you check it is there and accessable by everybody?

Bulrog.

sweet4grease

Yes, H.t2g is here and unzipped with the rest of the download. I don't know what the problem could be unless it's something in the file or the pogram itself.

MYKAYEL

The game looks good. But I can't belive that it's your first game.
Maybe first game released, but not your first game made.

I have some problems downloading, can you give me your Yahoo ID so we can talk about the game?

I'm also working on a game called DEAD MAN WALKING.

Bulrog

I will reply to the last 2 posts I got. I forgot to look for a long time (holidays, work, holidays again...) ;D

Anyway, for sweet4grease, I hope it is not too late. Could you send to me the compressed game (recompress the folder where you install it and send it to me by email at jem@melexis.com). Either a corrupt file during download (I got this one time with a software I downloaded) or an issue with my game that could be visible by getting what you installed and not the zip version. Else I don't have so much ideaÃ,  ???

For MYKAYEL, thanks for this congratulation about my game. It is the first game I posted but built lot of other small games starting on my commodore 128... I don't have a Yahoo ID (I'm not sure the firewall of my working place is accepting it) so discussion should be done by emails... at jem@melexis.com.

Finally it seems that there are troubles with the download link, I cannot anymore get access to microtech site where I store it. Could someone tell me if it is still possible to post to Microtech and how? :-\

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I think MicroTech's dead, but here's a link to the game:

http://aafiles.bicycle-for-slugs.org/full/Beyond%20the%20Door.rar

(whee, the archive's paying off!)

Kneel. Now.

Bulrog

Thanks a lot for this direct link that will allow me to gain some times to find another host (I'm already busy with this). One question, when did you download the game as I fixed some bugs in the first release (cf game page). Did you download it after the bugs were fixed?

The direct link you gave is on your home page or is it a server where I can post things also?

Anyway, thanks a lot for this direct link. I will upgrade the web page.Ã,  ;D

Bulrog

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

The link is to an archive that was created and is hosted by Fuzzpilz, I maintain it with copies of AGS games. The version uploaded is the more recent; they all are, I don't keep old copies. Only the newer games will have previous versions, and those are in folders. You can't upload there, but you don't need to - anything on the games page or on these boards I'll up there automatically. :)

Kneel. Now.

Bulrog

That means that automatically, all games post on AGS game pages are download and backuped on this server? Is it always available? Should I try to find another place to store it or can I keep this link as valid for long term?Ã,  ;)

Bulrog.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

No, not at all. It's something of a hobby, much like my resource page (which you can access via the link in my sig). :) It's automatically, if you consider that I'M the automaton. ;D Questions of availability should be directed to Fuzzpilz, but this has been around since 2004 at least, so I'm pretty sure it's reliable.

You CAN keep this links, I guess... but this is not an up0load space, only an archive to deal with these temporary mishaps (and to make sure every AGS game is always available). There's a new sticky in this very board for uploading games, check it out.

Kneel. Now.

dogberry

Brisby you star!
I was going to give up on trying anymore links to the game but yours worked.
Great stuff! ;)

Mordalles

im a big myst fan . . . (*Freak!*) . . . who said that?

so, im busy downlaoding and cant wait to play it!
thx!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Bulrog

Thanks to Fuzzpilz for this backup solution and thanks to Rui "Brisby" Pires for telling me. That will avoid to look a long time to find a place to post my game!Ã,  ;D

Thanks also to those that show so much interest to play my game. That makes me happyÃ,  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk