The AGS Awards - Nominations start February 20th and end March 6th!

Started by Pesty, Sun 20/02/2005 17:20:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

No joke, this is FOR THE REALS. Yes, the time has come for you to nominate your favorite AGS games for the big awards! Go here: http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/ for everything you'll ever need.

Nomination voting starts today (February 20th) and ends March 6th.

If there are any questions or if you notice anything wrong with the game list, feel free to pm me. If I get a lot of the same kinds of questions, I'll put them up here with the answers for all to see.

So why are you still here? Go and vote already!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Problem

Gord10

YAY! Finally :) But damn, I can't see the nominations! It says I have to be logged in :( I wonder the demo category so much.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Pumaman

My bad with the music award, I missed it off the nominations page. It has now been added.

You need to right-click the nominate link and choose "Open in new window", otherwise it will say you're not logged in.

Gord10

Thanks, fixed now.
So won't be there the Best Demo Award this year? :(
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Pesty

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Sun 20/02/2005 18:12:32
Thanks, fixed now.
So won't be there the Best Demo Award this year? :(

Nope. Listing all of the demos was a lot of work and I wanted to put more emphasis on finished games. So I replaced it with Best Hour Game. Sorry to everyone who felt that their only chance of winning an award was best demo, but that's kind of sad. You should worry about finishing your games, not about winning an award for your demo.

And I've fixed the nominations link, so it should say you're logged in. If you're still having trouble, let me know.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Radiant

Great work Pesty! Yay!

When I click on the Registered Games List of 2004, I get a 404 file not found. http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/reglist2004.htm

Sam.

Ah poop. I accidentily nominated a certain game that was not made this year? i assum that my voted for that game will be discounted, it will not affect any of my other votes?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

m0ds

Excellent stuff! Even Trapped with Hell gets a chance.. Votey vote vote timee!

Vel

It's time for those banners saying 'If you don't vote for X, I'll burn your house!'

Pesty

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 20/02/2005 18:50:25
Great work Pesty! Yay!

When I click on the Registered Games List of 2004, I get a 404 file not found. http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/reglist2004.htm

I don't know why that is. It works fine from the link on the front page...I'll investigate further.

Zooty, don't worry, I have to sort through the nominations myself so if you want to re-nominate a game in place of that nomination, pm me.

Edit: Aah, I have discovered it. Somehow it got saved as a .html instead of an .htm Where did you get the link that leads to the .htm?

Sam.

nah, there is nothing in its place, i just thought it was nomination worthy
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

SSH

Chicky

wow, you actually bothered to add Paranoid to the list?

I'm flattered ;)

desimaui

Are all the games available off the AGS website?  And can you vote for more than one?
All You Need is Love!

Ghormak

QuoteAnd can you vote for more than one?

This is just the nomination process, you can vote for 10 different games (or less, if you don't want to nominate 10) in each category. After the deadline, the games with the most nomination votes end up as the five nominees in each category for the final voting, and in that final vote you'll only get to vote for one in each category.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Pesty

Like I said, if you find something wrong with the list, like a game that wasn't released in 2004 on there, let me know. I went through the announcement forums, and got what I could, but there's bound to be a few mistakes, like games from 2003 in there.

big brother

Shouldn't "The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing" qualify as a non-adventure game?
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Pesty

Quote from: big brother on Mon 21/02/2005 04:03:51
Shouldn't "The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing" qualify as a non-adventure game?

Yes, it should. I knew I missed a couple non-adventure games when I sorted my list. I thought I had gotten that one, but it slipped under my radar. Sneaky boxing games.

Kinoko

I'm so excited I may just eat my hat!! >_<

(Luckily, I wear a bowl of fruit like Carmen Miranda)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk