HIT THE FREAK

Started by greententacle, Sat 26/02/2005 11:20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

greententacle

Here it is my first game: Hit the Freak, a short game that will take about 20 minutes to complete (with a little luck).Ã, 

I hope you'll like it because it was very hard to get it ready. Anyway, please tell me what you think about it.
It has spanish and english (not very good, I'm afraid) translation.

Maxileen

Hi Tentacle.

I really like the graphics and the sound of your game, but I haven't found out yet how to make a savegame.

DR

Quote from: The green tentacle on Sat 26/02/2005 11:20:24
Here it is my first game: Hit the Freak, a short game that will take about 20 minutes to complete (with a little luck).Ã, 

I hope you'll like it because it was very hard to get it ready. Anyway, please tell me what you think about it.
It has spanish and english (not very good, I'm afraid) translation.

Seems pretty good so far... the translation is a little rough in places, but still understandable (I could probably Anglicise the translation if you want). Seems like a nice effort.

Indie Boy

Spoiler
How do you fix the crusher? I know you need to crush the salt gnome so that you can melt the ice. Plz someone help
[close]
edit: a light bulb lit in my head

very good game! as you say you could finish it quikly if you click the right places
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

greententacle

Hi! Thanks for the feedback.
If anybody wants to help me with the translation of the game please send me an e-mail or put me in your messengerÃ,  Ã, dr_jones10@hotmail.com. It would be great and the helper would be included in the credits, ou yeah!

I would like to know how much time have you spent finishing the game. Do you think it's an easy or a difficult one, considering it's a short game.

PD: Don't forget votting the game in the 2004 awardsÃ,  ;D

lakerz

Hello, pretty nice game.  Why did you call it "Hit The Freak?"  It took me a bit over 1/2 hour to finish.  A few tough pixel hunts held me up.  I found no bugs.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I haven't found out a way to save the game either. Please?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

greententacle

There is not a save option because I thought the game was short enought to finish it in 20 minutes. And there's not a lot of things to do, so you can redo it  any time you start again the game.
I'll consider it in the expansion  :P
Thanks for your comments

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh. Ok, then. But please do more than consider it if you expand, because I, for one, will now delete the game from my hard drive. I don't mean to be rude, or anything, but I hate not being able to save my games, even if the game be 10 minute-long. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Potch

I'm stuck...

Spoiler
I've got laxative, cell phone, and frozen candy.  I have no clue what to do next!
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Wysefool

I'm stuck at the same spot as Potch  ???

mags_don

Ditto here...dont know where to go from here..have tried everything...i think? ???

lakerz

Spoiler
You are missing an item.  Try searching in the room with the iguana.  In fact, searching in the iguana's general area might be a good idea!
[close]

mags_don

thanks a million...went over that are a many times and didnt see it! GREAT game!!

miryoku_81

Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to figure this out on my own....

Spoiler
I think I need to freeze the chocolate coins in the freezer so I can give them to the pizza guy but I can't fit them in there because the ice block is in the way.  I can't activate the crusher to chop up the salt gnome.
[close]

Thanks!  Good game so far although it's unfortunate that I can't save it.

greententacle

Ok, I'll give you a clue...
Spoiler

There is a way to activate the crusher. Consider that the electric circuit has a bad connection...
[close]
And if this clue is not enough
Spoiler

Have you seen the switch in the bathroom?
[close]

Sorry for the no existing save option. I'm seeing it's a big mistake I' won't make again.

Let me ask you a question: What would you take off the game or what would you rectify?
Thank!

Potch

Only thing I would change is.... no pixel hunts!  I hate, hate, hate pixel hunts! 
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Khris

Just finished it.

Nice puzzles, but no pixel hunts next time, please.
It was fun, looking forward to your next one!

greententacle

Ok, ok, I know pixel hunts are not very funny, never inteligent, and can make you hate the game.
But
they could be an ingredient to the game, making it more difficult (in another level of course) and offering other ways to the monotonous adventure games. There are many examples...
I remember Indiana Jones and the Las Crusader , when you are nearly at the end and you have to pass the "only the penitent will pass", you know where I mean? You have to clic in a determinated pixel to pass victorious.
And Broken Sword II: when a cat breaks into little pieces a feather and you have to find the pieces in the floor (it took me weeks to find them).
I don't know... do you think pixel hunts are a necessary part of adventure games? What do you think?

Reptile

Hey man, first off, great graphics, I love that home made feel, I also love the animations. I dont really like going on pixel hunts its usually a pain and frustrating, overall I really enjoyed this game and hope you make a nother.  ;)
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk