Ben Jordan Case 4

Started by Grundislav, Sat 05/03/2005 10:21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

RyRayer

It was very good game. Some cutscenes were quite spooky. Hmm, puzzles were quite easy, BUT not too easy. That mobilephone was smart thing to add.

/Andy\

Brilliant!

This was the best yet. I've completed all these games in order and loved every one more than it's precursor.

Keep 'em coming Grundislav, they are true gems.

The only problem I had with this game was that I finished with 106 points! Arrrg!

Anywho, excellent game!

nihilyst

Yeah, Ben Jordans fourth case was nearly absolutely brilliant. Clever dialogues, atmospheric and with nice puzzles all the way.

The cellular phone was quite interesting, although I on my first tries I was way too slow, and almost every time it dialed, when I hadn't finished the number. Dialing should have been done with an extra button.

The trapdoor looked strange and a little bit wrong in perspective.

The notebook was some kind of redundant.

The animations were wonderful, but ...

... it was too short. What a pity!

benjordany cheers
nihilyst

the dint factor

i love the House of leaves reference, i'm suprised no one else has picked up on that

Ghormak

What is this House of Leaves? I thought[1] it reminded me of that movie 'The Navidson Record'
I

Ã,  s
Ã,  Ã, a
Ã,  Ã,  Ã, w

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  last year.

[1] BJ4 is great. I'm pretty happy with how the music turned out, but as they say 'eget beröm luktar illa'.*

*I did my best with this phrase, it's Swedish and means something like "own praise smells bad". Search me what that means. But I guess it relates to what happened today. I showed Thumper my notebook of sketches and she really liked them, she said I should open my own shop. Which I'd do if I could get up the nerve to go outside my apartment, even Lude has stopping coming around, I should just burn this whole forum down...
Achtung Franz! The comic

Adamski

--------------------------------
2 No, you're probably thinking of the film about Daedalus the labrynth he constructed. Beware the Minotaur.

Hobbes

Just finished case 4 tonight. I haven't played case 1-3 (shame on me!), but I must say Grundislav, you did a fantastic job!

The plot is fun, yet serious enough to make it believable within its own context. Elsewhere in this thread someone made a comment on just walking around hoping to trigger stuff. I sometimes felt like that as well. For me this approach to gaming worked very well. It makes it very "real" in a sense of the word to play that way, for me.

Kudos on a fun saga of paranormal activity!

Am currently solving case 3. :)

sergiocornaga

Playing them in reverse order, eh? Strange...

ildu

Quote from: SURGE on Sun 10/04/2005 06:20:53
Playing them in reverse order, eh? Strange...

Maybe that's BJ's next case...

evenwolf

Grundislav just keeps surprising me.

What a great series, sometimes I wonder if G has like six ghostwriters and 8 interns working under him. And then I think "how can I become one of them?"

i've played each game and beat them all. All of them were challenging but easy enough not to give up.  My thanks to G daddy.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

AGA

Quote from: evenwolf on Fri 15/04/2005 11:16:30
Grundislav just keeps surprising me.

What a great series, sometimes I wonder if G has like six ghostwriters and 8 interns working under him. And then I think "how can I become one of them?"

i've played each game and beat them all. All of them were challenging but easy enough not to give up.  My thanks to G daddy.

He had a ghost-writer on the first two games, and for bits of the other two: meeeeeeee! As for how I gained the honour, let's just say I did him... some favours.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I always knew you were a deviant, AGA.  Good show!

Remco

And again, another great Ben Jordan game. The point of the game was the horror, and in my opinion that really worked. The scream of the guy at the shower with the blood made me really remind 5 days a stranger and 7 days a sceptic. I loved it.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

lineke

i loved all 4 of them... played them all in 2 days... not really hard puzzles but still fun... there is just one thing.... where is nr 5?!

Hammerite

Quote from: AGA on Fri 15/04/2005 13:41:42He had a ghost-writer on the first two games, and for bits of the other two: meeeeeeee! As for how I gained the honour, let's just say I did him... some favours.
you were the guy who designed the whole compass, fire thingy inthe first one werent you?
cuz if you were  >:(
;D
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

T_ed89

Yes, while lineke brought it up, is there some who knows anything about the procces of the game? I've read somewhere that Grundislav lives where some of those big hurricanes where, and in that case, is there someone who knows if he is alright?

I know that the tree where this discusion was held where closed, and that Grundislav can and should take how much time he needs to finish the game, but I'm starting to get worried.
I mean, the game was announced for Hallowen, even if the game has been delayed I think that one should have herd something... I don't mean to start a discusion, I just wonder if there is someone who got any relevant facts, because I do really looking forward to this game.

Hammerite

I PM'd him a while back and he said that its all finished but Ghormak just needs to finish off the sound and music. So if it's progress you want, he's the guy to ask.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Ben Jordan Fan 1

T_ed89

Alright, thank you for the response  :D
Will not play the demo however because I don't want to spoil the fun...
...and sorry for my bad english...

Gilbert

Don't dig up old thread if there're nothing really new and worthy to post. Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk