Multiple Sprites Import in 256-color games (SOLVED)

Started by Rulaman, Sun 06/03/2005 13:25:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulaman

Hi,
is it possible to import multiple sprites in an 256-color game,
like in an Hi-color game?

Will be a Function in the new 2.7 version?

Thanks Rulaman
Zak: Komm mit mir Sushi.
Zak: Come with me Sushi.

Scorpiorus

Heh, good question. I think it was mentioned before, I'm not sure why some options are only available when in hi-color mode.

So please could a moderator move this topic to the Technical forums?

Pumaman

You know, that's a good question. I have no idea why I made those unavailable in 256-colour, so I'll enable them in the next version.

Edit by strazer:

Fixed in AGS v2.7 RC2.

Rulaman

Rulaman

Another question!

Why is there no option to select what tile of the images is transparent,
when importing multiple Images  ???
Palette Index 0
or Top left Pixel ???

That will be very comfort  :D

Pumaman

It's not particularly intuitive I admit, but it uses the transparency setting that was last set in the normal sprite import window.

Because it's a "Quick import" option, adding a transparency selection question to it would make it less "Quick", though this is a point for debate.

MrColossal

Little question...

So using the heck out of animated gif import and it works like a charm, except when it doesn't.

So I have a room I made and I'm using animated gif import, doesn't import the colours exactly, ok, so I go to import a singular image to change the exact palette settings and all that, import the gif again and the colours are wrong still but right when I do it one frame at a time.

Does animated gif import not pay attention to the last selected palette choice? as in lock to room and such?

Eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Pumaman

You are quite correct, the Animated GIF import and Import Multiple options always remap the colours.

Really, there needs to be some sort of way of allowing you to select settings for the bulk import options.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk