Maniac Mansion Mania - Episode 2: Commotion (BETA)

Started by Khris, Thu 17/03/2005 17:35:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

The german AGSers from adventure-treff.de have recently started a RON like project called Maniac Mansion Mania.

The first episode by LucasFan is available here: Maniac Mansion Mania Home (german only)

A few hours ago I did a quick and dirty translation of my contribution which can now be downloaded here (1.4 MB) for you all to enjoy/run away from.
It's quite short and took me 3 days to complete.

Two screenies:

Bernard wearing fresh undies

Yet another on-time delivery

GUI, GUI scripts & 90% of the Graphics by Lucasfan!
Music by LEC
Rest (c) me :)

Have fun!

PS: This is my first adventure ever released, so be gentle :=
PPS: Guess I needed ready-made backgrounds & characters after all in order to publish something...

Scummbuddy

all this news will be added to maniac zombies shortly. i would like to have an email discussion with you and lucasfan about this for the site.

www.lucasstyle.com/maniaczombies/news.htm
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Potch

I downloaded it, but it says "The zip file is either invalid or corrupted."
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

moomatz

Looks good. I like it. Great room fade-ins. Stuck at the time being, but I am enjoying it alot.

Khris

Thanks!

Quote from: Potch on Thu 17/03/2005 23:33:26
Try downloading it again, it should work fine.
The exact filesize is 1,453,906 bytes.

Rosie

Quote from: khrismuc on Fri 18/03/2005 01:36:59
Thanks!

Quote from: Potch on Thu 17/03/2005 23:33:26
Try downloading it again, it should work fine.
The exact filesize is 1,453,906 bytes.
Looks really good, great art work,  Stuck right now only have 4 things collected.  But I have been waiting for something new at ags and thank you so much for the new game to play.  Really nice artwork....

Mats Berglinn

Isn't there an english version of the first episode? If not, then please translate. Not every one understands germany, you know.

aussie

Yeah, and translate the site too!!!

We-want-translation!

We-want-translation!

We-want-translation!

(...)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Khris

The first episode as well as the site is the work of LucasFan, so unfortunately I can't translate either one of them.
Why don't you send him a PM and ask him to do it?

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?action=profile;u=110

flocking

Good game, but im stuck;
Spoiler
I think i need to pick the sock up so that i can go into the attic, i have; ice bag, hook (have opened attic door,) remote, credit card and gas mask. It says i dont want to pick the sock up with my bare hands,...what do i need ?
[close]

Problem

@flocking
Spoiler
I had the same problem. Just search the house. LOOK AT everything you can
[close]

flocking

Cheers, got it and finished the game. Way too short though.

Khris

My next 'game' is going to be longer, I promise.

When the beta-testing is done, I'll release a final version. Maybe I'll add another one or two puzzles to it, but that might take it back to beta-stage :)

Potch

oooh.... Yay... it worked this time.  Cool little game... but I'm stuck too!

Spoiler
  I can't get into the attic.  I have the sock in the bag, and I have a gas mask... but it keeps telling me I need a gas mask.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Problem

Spoiler
you have to throw the sock up into the attic
[close]

Potch

Wysefool

Fun little game - my only complaint is it ended too soon
Translation was well done too  :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Here, I figured since it was a translation that the german text appearing on the backgrounds seemed a bit out of place, so I fixed it.  Might be something you can change when you add puzzles or whatever:

Khris

Well, I thought about doing that, but I was too lazy  :=

But I'll include it when I release the final version.
LucasFan did a very thorough job, e.g. the GUI could be translated easily & elegantly using the english translation file.
I'm going to use a similar method to translate static portions of the backgrounds.

However, the final version won't be released until about two weeks from now as I'm quite busy at the moment.

samegamer

I must really be a loser, because I can't get the sock at all, much less a bag.

Joyce

There are some hints over in hints and tips forum.
Spoiler
the freezer bag is in the kitchen
also look in the sink there are tongs in there which you use to get the sock but you need to get a gas mask before you can get the sock
[close]

Queen Kara

*claps* I'm an MM fan , ( I prefer to call it CM as in Crazy Mansion...but I still love the games ) , and sorta a ROTN ( reality on the norm ) fan so the idea of a ROTN - imitating MM series is appealing to me.
There's only two "official" MM games , right?
I doubt lucasarts or whatever are going to make a third one so any fan projects of MM are much appreciated.

Klaatu Verata Niktu?

LucasFan

QuoteWe-want-translation!

An English version of the first episode can be found here.

CoffeeBob

Quote from: LucasFan on Tue 22/03/2005 14:31:51
QuoteWe-want-translation!

*applauds*
The game is great and funny. I love short adventure games that you can finish in an hour, just before homework's gotta be done. :D

jamie

Read text below:

Spoiler

Where do u get the gasmask from? I have looked all over the place but I can't find it.
[close]

Khris

Spoiler
Use the computer in Bernard's room to get a hint.
[close]

Orieac

Quote from: LucasFan on Tue 22/03/2005 14:31:51

I've also downloaded "mmmgui" because i think Proskrito's template didn't support several languages. But looks like that only German and English language is supported. Can you share with us the addicional code used on the Maniac Mansion Deluxe 1.3. If i remember the game supports more than 7 languages.

Thanks in advance
orieac

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Damn. Episodes 3 and 4 are out, and I'm really interested in this series... but they don't translate! And I don't speak a word of german. :( Was this series meant to be really exclusive to german AGSers, or something?

EDIT - Incidently, babelfish's translation of the synopsys of the games is good for a laugh.

QuoteBritney along-played Berne pool of broadcasting corporations already often badly, but which now again did her, deflects the soil to the barrel! Enough is enough, says themselves Berne pool of broadcasting corporations and swears terrible revenge.

Deeply in the night Berne pool of broadcasting corporations is waked up by strange noises. These can come only from the attic. On the next morning it collects all its courage and follows to the thing.

Berne pool of broadcasting corporations gets 5 in the school. Sounds unbelievable? Perhaps. But it comes still better. It has an appointment on the same day also, to which one does not let it go due to the censorship. Help it to get over this completely chaotic day.

Berne pool of broadcasting corporations invited Hoagie to itself, in order to show it its newest invention. But an incident and only a Hoagies father comes is able to save its son from an awkward situation to. But does not seem to be correct somewhat in the house of the Bernoullis...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

DasJan

I think it was meant as a German equivalent to the RON-series, but the first two episodes are also availabe in English.

I am the author of episode 4 and I'm very sorry, but I think this one can't be translated. Every comment in it rhymes and it would simply be too difficult to translate it.

Das Jan
"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To do is to be" - Friedrich Nietzsche
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Problem

Yes, it is a german series, but we try to translate as many episodes as possible. My episode definately will be translated when it's finished, and I think that most episodes will be translated some time.

However, episode 4 seems to be impossible to translate because of all the rhymes. It's a pity, because this episode is brilliant imo.

Huw Dawson

I could do english games with the template, but the gui won't translate! Aaaaaaaah. I've tried everything...
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

Potch

I'm disappointed about that episode too.  I also don't speak a word of German.  :-[  I wish I did!  I really like this series so far.

DoorKnobHandle

I do speak german and it is a great episode... it is really really crazy... the only criticism would be, that it doesn't fit to the other episodes because it is just... so... stoned...

But it is really fun to play!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Awww! I'm getting jealous now! Any chance of even a non-rhyming translation? <doe-eyed look>

Kneel. Now.

Khris

Quote from: Huw_Dawson on Mon 28/03/2005 15:49:17
I could do english games with the template, but the gui won't translate! Aaaaaaaah. I've tried everything...

Code: ags

JjNn
YyNn
a_button_give 5 802 803 Dd
0 1 2 Gg
a_button_pick_up 2 800 801 Ee
1 7 8 Pp
a_button_use 1 794 795 Ww
2 13 14 Uu
a_button_open 3 790 791 Aa
3 3 4 Oo
a_button_look_at 0 788 789 Qq
4 9 10 Ll
a_button_push 7 798 799 Xx
5 15 28 Ss
a_button_close 4 796 797 Ss
6 5 6 Cc
a_button_talk_to 8 804 805 Cc
7 11 12 Tt
a_button_pull 6 792 793 Zz
8 29 30 Xx

This should help you.
the parameters are: GUI obj Number, button sprite, button down sprite, keyboard shortcut

viktor

I'm a bit stuck.

EDIT: Never mind.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Sledge Hammer

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kinda overkill for playing a short game, no? :P

Kneel. Now.

Potch

Yeah, no offense guys, but I don't have time to teach myself a whole new language just to play a game!  I wish the US was like other countries, and made us all learn second languages... but it's not.   :( I took Spanish in high school, but it was such a stupid class.  I didn't really learn anything useful.  I admire all of you guys in other countries that can speak more than one language. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk