How to make an inventory

Started by ., Mon 28/03/2005 15:23:18

Previous topic - Next topic

I am a begginer so please help me with siple question: How to make an inventory? Please help me i will be very happy if you do that ;)

Ishmael

Ther is already an inventory in the standard template. And in many other templates too. What kind of inventory are you after?

The simliest way:

Make a new GUI, draw an inventory window on it, put in the arrows and other buttons you need, and nick the script from some other template or open source game to make it work.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Ashen

(Bah! Ishmael beat me to it. Oh, well, might as well post anyway...)
What exactly are you asking? 'How to make an inventory' could cover a lot of ground.....

Every character has an inventory by default, you just have to add things to it using AddInventory (item) or AddInventoryToCharacter (character, item).

To make a new Inventory item, use the 'New Item...' button on the 'Inventory items' window of the editor.

To change the way the Inventory looks in game, make a new GUI, or edit the one that's already there. You'll also have to change the script a little to make it use that GUI, this post explains that.

Try doing a forum search for 'inventory GUI', or 'custom inventory' for other replies, tutorials, etc. Aslo, have a look at what the manual and the BFAQ have to say about inventories, and GUIs in general.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Darth Mandarb

This was a problem for me when working on my first game as well!

I started This Thread which has a lot of useful information in it.  You might want to take a look at it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk