Please look and be critic

Started by ., Mon 28/03/2005 15:48:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Look at this and tell me (a beginner at drawing) what do you think

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/neeger.bmp

Reptile

Its nice, you should try and sketch out you're character, scane it and then draw over it, it makes it look better. Good job non-the-less.
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

refoops

I serisously hope that name dosn't mean what i think it does....

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

DoorKnobHandle

in german it is correctly spelled except the double 'e' should be a single one...

what it means should be clear to everybody...

Andail

change the name, please. Right now you're using a highly derogatory and racist term.

Snarky

As far as I know, that's not true in many languages. The word just means "black", after all. In European countries where slavery and segregation is not a major part of their history, the negative connotations may not apply.

DoorKnobHandle

Oh yeah, they do... Trust me!

Al_Ninio

Perhaps.
But this is an English speaking forum, and it sounds racist.
Nobody is accusing him of being racist, just saying that the file name is rather offensive.

MrColossal

c'mooon! There aren't any black people on the ags forums! Who cares!

Spoiler
Do I have to even say that this is a joke?
[close]
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Andail

Snarky, I don't get it...you say in some languages, this is not a racist term...so therefore it's no problem?
Should we all pretend that we don't understand it, or what?

The word is, translated to English, "Negroe". Don't you find it a tad tasteless and careless to write such things nowadays?

Eric, what is a joke, your post, or the initial post? 'Cause I'm not really sure.

MrColossal

my post, andail

andail, does it translate to Negro as in the english word Negro? Or is it like negro, the spanish word for black?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Darth Mandarb

Darth's opinion on the holy EN-word
If people would stop getting offended over a stupid and insignificant word, it would lose it's power.

What if colect12 is black?  Remember, black folk are 'allowed' to use the word ...

colect12, if you're black, stay strong brother and don't change the title.

If you're not black you racist pig change the title before people start wettin' their pants!!

DoorKnobHandle

if he's german: in german it translates to:

Spoiler

nigger
[close]

Andail

I just think we should preserve this forum from certain racist symbols.

Is it because the English-speaking members of this forum don't recognise the word that some don't care?

For me, words like "Nigger" have a huge symbolic power. I won't wet my pants, but I'm rather sure it'll have some sort of effect.

Anyhow, I'm a bit tired of debates atm, so someone else can make the call.

Estaog

Did anyone even notice how collect didn't even post back? You probably scared him away, or he's just happy to see you fight.
Think about the kittens man!

http://members.aol.com/johnk0/godkills.jpg

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Andail on Mon 28/03/2005 22:06:24
I just think we should preserve this forum from certain racist symbols.

Is it because the English-speaking members of this forum don't recognise the word that some don't care?

For me, words like "Nigger" has a huge symbolic power. I won't wet my pants, but I'm rather sure it'll have some sort of effect.

Anyhow, I'm a bit tired of debates atm, so someone else can make the call.
I wasn't aiming at you :)  I completely understand how that word offends some.  And I totally agree that I don't want to see it on these forums either.

It's a stupid word that nobody should use, even black people.

Reptile

Quote from: Andail on Mon 28/03/2005 23:23:43
Reptile, a small debate arose, that happens sometimes. That way we can figure out what is wrong and right together.
I don't really see the point with your post, however.

[edit]

[removed]
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

Andail

Reptile, a small debate arose, that happens sometimes. That way we can figure out what is wrong and right together.
I don't really see the point with your post, however.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk