Room after the room after the beach

Started by ., Thu 31/03/2005 15:41:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

You really should be posting all these images in the same thread rather than starting a new thread for each.

The image lacks a lot of detail, but certainly isn't horrible.

The sand should have some texture to it.  Doesn't really look like sand.

The shadows are pretty good.

ok i will now add pictures to this thread only

He-Man

hi
You are certainly improving your style. This is a master piece compaired to your first room.
I like the shaddows.
If the brown blocks in front are buildings then maybe you should add more details and some perspective to them...

Ubel

Looks like you never needed those paintovers. ;) You can draw just as good. Just the outlines of buildings are a bit messy. Clean them up a bit.

You see i needed paintovers cause i wasnt good then i learned from paint overs The next room i send will be the saloon i promise there will be lots of details

Well maybe not lots of but i do my best

Ok here it is saloon
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/ruum3.PNG

its in open air and yes  behind the thing where beers are on its sand after all its sand town

a problem that i notice there is no light source

DontTreadOnMe

Just because there are no lights in the picture doesnt mean there isnt a lightsource, it just hapens to be out of the picture. Im just doing a quick paintover to demonstrate, gimme a few mins or so...

edit: there we go, the lightsource is coming from the top right, its about mid afternoon so the shadows are about medium length . Its only very basic shading but it gives you an idea of where the lightsource is and stuff, with a little longer you could probably do a lot better.

Good luck and keep it up... practice practice practice. Now i must be gatting back to practicing EGA bacgrounds incase i enter this months MAGS - Rich
Seeing as I really shouldn't have to get up at such an ungodly hour as 7am, ill put my watch forward by 5 hours to make me feel better...

Ubel

And why are there so many mugs of beer on the table? Are you gonna make many customers sitting in front of it?

Well maybe or i make the barman crazy who just fills in the mugs with ale cause he thinks that someone is going to come to the town

BlackMan890

took me a few hours but made a complete new Background:

Original

Wireframe:

The Final Version:

Enjoy :)

i didn't know what that thing to the lower left is so i remove it!

FAQ:
Question: what is this for?
This is for you too see what you can do with that Bg of your's

Question:keewl, can i use it for my game??
yes you can but it would look strange with like empty bg and then a Master PieceÃ,  :P but yes you can
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Chicky

Err... didn't you just completely ruin any use that background would have had in his game? You took our the saloon sign, the 'welcome to town of sand' sign, make the hole look more man made than natural, added a modern day pub and traffic cones...

it's a nice edit though  ;)

BlackMan890

The sign can be added anytime :)
just tell and i will put there :D
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Krazy

Hmm, I've always found using flat looking textures like that a way to fake detail, also it loses all perspective. That's exactly why the Simpsons stopped using it for footpaths etc after the first season. And who knows, maybe that thing in the bottom (right I think you mean) could of been an important building, I really think you took the edit a bit far as Chicky says.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

the edit is nice but too modern for my game
also one problem with edit there is no shadows for the sign where is p and b on it

Ubel

A very nice paintover! But it's not at all the same simple style as the other backgrounds which had no such details or textures. And it is way too modern.

BlackMan890

Sorry guys :-\
yes i ruined the image, but i was just showing what he could do :)

anway Kristjan, don't listen to anything i just said about what you should do with that image of your's, just do what you want :)
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk