Henry`s adventure I: The island of treasure: Back in production

Started by ., Sun 03/04/2005 15:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazy

Well it's OK, but you don't need to include all the rooms in the released game file, that's just annoying. And why does he jump around so much when talking? Oh yeah and his walking animation from the side kinda looks like he's doing a jumpy little dance, a walking animation is bassicly just two legs alternating their positions: / \ You've just got to make them switch over and back again with a little bending and other subtle movments. So yeah study some animation techniques and maybe read some totourials. Some arm movment would be good too  :)
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Yeah i agree animation is very bad and i will fix talking too

Good i relased demo  now i know that jumping talking isnt good

DanClarke

i havent played it, but just looking at the screen shot, what kind of character in an adventure game says 'stealing is wrong' lol. :)

Well i cant tell you that cause then game wont be intresting any more

RyRayer

I think it's pretty good game, but you should spend more time creating backgrounds. Look some tutorials about making backgrounds. Story is quite interesting though. :)

Ok the demo page is going to be down for awhile (i am making better one)

Krazy

My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Ubel

Ok I had tried the demo out. And I realized that there was some serious problems with walkable areas. And I just couldn't resist to take a look at those rooms the ZIP file included. I imported them to AGS and looked at some of the walkable areas. Some suggestions how you could do them:

Your way:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Better way:

Your way:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Better way:

Also some of the walkbehinds were drawn very quickly and they looked bad in the game. You just have to use more time making them. :)

Demo link up agin so download and try it! Tell me what you think and tell me what needs improving ;).

RyRayer

Good, but you should correct some words in your game and walk cycle animation is bit weird too. ;)

Oh  i frogot to make walking better ::)

sorry it will be better in completed game

Khris

I understand that this is your first game, but you really should put some more effort in there.

And please use interpunctation, if you don't in your posts, at least do in your game.

Your walkable areas look like you think they have to be big enough to contain the whole character, that's not the case.
Only the bottom center of the character' sprite (his feet) has to be inside.

DontTreadOnMe

The translation is pretty dodgey in this, but I'm sure there are plenty of ways around that (maybe get someone to check it?).

That font your using is cool, but its caused a few problems with menues ect, another minor problem.

And the problem with the walkcycle, mine always looked like they were doing a little jig too, what i do is video myself walking (strutting, running, picking stuff up,Ã,  whatever) and then watch the video in slow-mo and draw stick figures of me doing things, then i scan them and trace the character on top, et voila (as the french say, random impulse)

well with a little more time and effort you will be amazed what you can achieve.

Keep at it - Rich

[edit] snigger snigger, now i dont look like a fool...
Seeing as I really shouldn't have to get up at such an ungodly hour as 7am, ill put my watch forward by 5 hours to make me feel better...

Yep town not included in demo version and there isnt 3 more rooms in demo

Nethros

When I press the "???" button, I can't press okay again. That should be fixed in the next release.

Yes its a big problem i know i have noticed it but what ever i do it still is the same. In GUI script it looks like its working but when i test game it isnt. This is the bigest problem (for me) and the game wont be relased until this problem is fixed.

And the morale : DON`T press the ??? button in demo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk