ShortCUT out now!

Started by FrogMarch, Sun 03/04/2005 21:21:08

Previous topic - Next topic

FrogMarch

ShortCUT[/i]
*Download Now     - Thanks to Gilbot for this link, and whoever put it up there...

*Rate and Read Comments and Info

*Review Page

Well, I know none of you are expecting this, as it hasn't been mentioned on these boards before. I made it a long time ago, and forgot about it for a while.

Anywho, it's a short game and has a short hero, named Short. The game revolves around our hero being trapped in a mysterious blue room, which you must help him to escape.

Two screenies are below.

Basically, there are a whole load of logical puzzles involved in escaping the room, as well as a lot of humorous death scenes thrown in for good measure.

You can download the game, or read a small review, here via the links at the top of the page.

Well, I hope you enjoy the game, be sure to vote for it here, and keep me informed on what you think of it by posting a reply.

Thanks a lot!

-Andy

FrogMarch

Hmm... Ok, it appears that the download links don't work properly... Don't quite know why. O well, you can still download both versions of the game (with or without music/sound) from here.

-Andy

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Arg, freewebs. I want music and sound, but freewebs is VERY slow and doesn't allow download managers. WOuld you consider using MicroTech to host your files?

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/FileHosting.html
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

FrogMarch

Thanks Rui, I was struggling to find a good host earlier.

Ok, the link at the game main page works now from a faster host. Hope that's better for you.

Alternatively, download right now from here. It's a bit tempremental, keep trying if it doesn't work first time.

Remember to vote!Ã,  ;)

-Andy

Chicky

Hey Andy! Welcome to the forums.

Now i remember testing this game way back last year, and it was pretty great back then. Are you planning on releasing that follow up game you made? Sure hope so :D

FrogMarch

Well you know Chicky, I'd completely forgotten about that.

I might just do that though. I remember giving up on that game because I couldn't figure out how to carry on with the story (what little of it there is), but I might just pick it up again.

Thanks for the kind wordsÃ,  :)

saluk

Wow, is there anything that DOESNT kill you in this game?

Spoiler
I have the bent bar and the broken mirror and seem to have pressed everything and used everything on everything.  What did I miss?  Still in the first room.
[close]

I like the use of colors by the way, graphics may not be outstanding but they fit very nicely.  Very blue.  I like blue.

FrogMarch

Heh, yeh, there are some things.

Spoiler

One of the ways you can die uses a laser. Carrying anything that could be useful against this?
[close]

Have fun with it  ;)

-Andy

Ubel

Ok I finished it and liked it very much. Very good puzzles. Waiting to see more games from you. :P

FrogMarch

Well thanks Pablo, glad you enjoyed it. A sequel may well be on the way, amongst other things.

If you enjoyed it that much, don't forget to tell your friends!  :P

Potch

Spoiler
How do I get the drink out of the machine? All I have is the bent pole.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Ubel

Quote from: Potch on Mon 04/04/2005 17:58:39
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Push the button of the most right window. There will fall a weight. Take the hook out of the weight and use it on the pole. Then try the pole on the machine.
[close]

Joyce

Spoiler
I have the hook on the bent pole and I have tried it on the vending machine. coin slot and slot and nothing happens. I also have broken mirror, am completely stuck
[close]

FrogMarch

Hi Joyce

Spoiler

Have you used the vending machine yet to make something come out? You'll have to do this before you can use the pole to get anything from it.
[close]

Quote from: FrogMarch on Mon 04/04/2005 10:09:20
Heh, yeh, there are some things.

Spoiler

One of the ways you can die uses a laser. Carrying anything that could be useful against this?
[close]

Hope that helps

Potch

Quote from: Pablo on Mon 04/04/2005 18:06:05
Quote from: Potch on Mon 04/04/2005 17:58:39
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Push the button of the most right window. There will fall a weight. Take the hook out of the weight and use it on the pole. Then try the pole on the machine.
[close]

Aha.  Pixel hunts.... grrrrrr   ;)
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

FrogMarch

Yeh sorry about that. I hate them myself. Hopefully all the different parts of the drinks machine aren't too annoying. There is the main machine, the coin slot, the button, and the slot, as far as that is concerned, if anyone gets stuck there.

As far as the hook goes, I tried to make it as obvious as possible. I even gave it a big border that's the same colour as the background. It is a pretty small item, though.

Ah well, hope it didn't annoy you too much. Are you enjoying the game?

Potch

I did enjoy it.  I just finished it a few minutes ago.  And nah, the pixel hunt wasn't too bad.  I just had to dish out some crap.  :)

But the game was cute.  I liked all the deaths, especially since you just got put right back to the last place you were... wish more games were like that!

Khris

Just finished it, too.

Nice game, great death anims :)

I don't like pixel hunts, too, but it wasn't that bad with your game. At least the names of the hotspots are displayed.

FrogMarch

Woo, 100 downloads!

Well, It's been a fair few days now since this game was released, and I'd love to know what some more of you thought about it. You know, all the good, bad and ugly parts of it, in your opinions.

If you've played the game, don't hesitate to tell me what you thought about it.

By the way, sorry for digging up an old(ish) post.

CodeJunkie

Finished it, bit of trouble with clicking in the right place in one part, but it was a great game.  The blue palette works really well and the stickman reminds me of xiaoxiao games, makes the deaths funny.  A few criticisms with the walking animations, and perhaps some antialiasing on the character?  Other than that, it was a really great game.  I haven't played many finished games here, but that seemed pretty unique.  Strange, I was also working on a one room game, but a slightly different concept.  I look forward to more though :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk