The Rob Blanc Trilogy for WINDOWS! (FINAL)

Started by edmundito, Sun 27/10/2002 23:50:28

Previous topic - Next topic

edmundito

It's done! The final versions of Rob Blanc I, II, and III for Windows are now available. There's also a package that has the three games in one download.

Also, forget http://www.geocities.com/~yahtzee83/. The new Rob Blanc Trilogy site is http://monkeygames.minxmojo.com/robblanc/ , so go there and download the games!

Finally, if you want to check out the changes from the original versions that came out back in the day, check out the little changes text file I made at http://monkeygames.mixnmojo.com/robblanc/changes.txt

That's it! Enjoy.

Thank you to those who told me about the bugs on the Windows betas.

--- Original Post ---

Thanks to CJ and the permission of Yahtzee, I'm finally able to release Yahtzee's Rob Blanc on Windows EXEs. Why me? Well, after yahtzee left and all, I became responsible for Rob Blanc since MonkeyGames was the "publisher" for the games. And then of course as more people are switching to the goodness of 2000/XP, the dos versions of the games are becoming less and less compatible.

Anyway, due to changes in the different versions of ags, (these games were made with AGS 2.07 or so and the win exes are compiled from 2.4b) I need people to test the games before I announce it to the rest of the world. I've already found some glitches and fixed them, but there may be more...

You can download Rob Blanc I + II from here: (rb III WIN will be available sometime this week)
http://monkeygames.mixnmojo.com/downloads/rb12.zip
and RBIII:
http://monkeygames.mixnmojo.com/downloads/rb3w.zip

Please, if you see any glitches/bugs in the game, respond to this thread. For the walkthru, check the MonkeyGames website under the "Hints" section.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

MrColossal

well i had a problem with rb2

it wouldn't remove inventory items like the milk, or helmet, or air pack

and when i complete the game it quits saying "Lose Inventory: doesn't have inv_item" or something like that
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Barcik

Yai ! Just what I needed! I am off to search through the wonders of Rob Blanc.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

edmundito

Quote from: MrColossal on Mon 28/10/2002 09:30:40well i had a problem with rb2

it wouldn't remove inventory items like the milk, or helmet, or air pack

and when i complete the game it quits saying "Lose Inventory: doesn't have inv_item" or something like that

Yes, I fixed some of the inventory problems... but I don't get that Lose Inventory message.. hmm...

Barcik

AJA

If you have troubles finishing RB I, II or III, you can download a hint file from http://ahs.shorturl.com. There you can also download the hint file viewer made by me. And it's completely FREE!

edmundito

Barcik

edmundito

Ok, Rob Blanc III is now available for windows too. It is also on the beta testing stage. I have noticed that inventory items are causing a great deal of trouble, so if you see any inventory that should disappear when you use it but it's not (like when you give the milk to the baby on rb2, but I fixed that bug) reply to this thread and tell me about it.

There is an updated version of Rob Blanc I + II. Here's some new features:
Rb2: using inv with inv problems have been fixed
Rb1+2+3: you can SKIP CUTSCENES with escape!!!!! (I figured out a way to do it without too much scripting :)
Rb1+2+3: Characters turn around when walking (I think Yahtzee would have liked it that way)
RB1+2: Inventory screen now has custom sprites on buttons.
RB1+2+3: Different MonkeyGames logo from the DOS versions :P
RB1+2: fixed minor GUI glitches.
RB2: fixed the annoying "Nowhere. I don't know where to go!" bug.

The only problem that I have so far is that when you save a game and reload it, there is no music playing on RB1 + 2. I have no idea what the deal is, and if anyone has any ideas why this happens, please tell!

you can download RB3win from here: http://monkeygames.mixnmojo.com/downloads/rb3w.zip

Snake

Downloading...

This is neato, Rob Blanc revisited. Except, I never visited him the first time. Where can I grab the originals?

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gilbert

Heh I think there aren't any differences in the new releases, they're just compiled with window$ engine of a newer AGS version so more people may be able to play them.

edmundito

Yeah, pretty much. Except for the stuff I added above.

At one point when yahtzee joined monkeygames, he did "remaster" the games by adding mod's rb tune and adding the monkeygames logo (and maybe some bug fixes).... so the actual originals are lost forever. I bet some people have them, though.

It's the same game anyway.. just a few little tweaks here and there.

Barcik

In RBII, should I have access to the candlemaker's, becsause I, ahh... don't.
And I had the same problem as MrColossal in the end of the game, with the cannot lose_inventory .

edmundito

Aha! I see what it is....

Rob Blanc I, II, and III were made at a time where there was the inventory items started at 0, but CJ changed it because of bugs (notice now days they start at 1) so I had to recode inventory item 0 with a brand new one, because it wasn't working quite right with the new acwin engine. Anyway, I fixed that now, and it should not crash. That's not the end of the game, btw :)

Whenever you run into another bug, tell me what room it is, like for example, "where they're on the ship in space"

Download the files again... I also fixed another inventory bug when you used the suit+helmet with the air tank. (RB2) (I must have skipped that one by mistake)

Barcik

RBII works fine now, but now it tends to randomly go out of the game from time to time.

edmundito

"go out of the game"? what do you mean... be more specific

Gilbert

edmundito

i thought so. but is it a simple crash or what? I mean, it could be something in the game that makes it crash, or just the engine....

Barcik

I mean that usually there is some sort of message telling you "X was wrong." Not for me, nothing. It just goes out of the game. One sec I am in game, the other I am back in Windows. This by the way happens only when changing rooms.

edmundito

must be an ags thing.... does it happen with any other games?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk