Silent Knight - Chapter 1 (update v. 1.1)

Started by He-Man, Sat 07/05/2005 13:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

He-Man

Thanks for all the nice crits!
Abisso - Thanks a lot for that list. It is very useful, but man did I miss a lot of bugs. I will fix the game one of these days.

The bug everybody is talking about is also very anoying to me and the one where you can't interact with the hose and the crate is also killing me because i can't figure out what's wrong. If someone have any clue what's wrong I would love some help!

Abisso

Very strange bug, I must confess. the only thing that comes into my mind is (assuming, but I'm quite sure, that it's always the same portion of the crate, that is clickable) that there are two hotspots  or an hotspot and an object named "crate". Anyway a good thing would be getting sure of the assumption I made before. It probably will help to know if the bug is random (improbable) or always affects the same portion of the hotspot/object.

Maybe expressly ask to someone more experienced than me (search throught the geniuses on the Tech Forums!).

Good luck!
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Camouflage

Yeah! I solved the game. I'm looking forward to part 2.

AlbinoPanther

Great game hardly wait chapter 2 and The bar is also very good.LENADULE4EVER!!!

dogberry

Oliver

Very good game. I love the characters and the animations. The graphics are very good too. The puzzles are a bit hard, but if they'd be easy then it would be boring to play the game and the "hints & tips" forum would die. ;) Can't wait for Chapter 2
You got it!

Coming Soon!

OwlStretcher

Link does not work right now to download....

dogberry

It works for me,I just tried.
Have you tried right click 'save as'?

He-Man

I'm happy that so many people are enjoing my game.
I'm currently working on fixing all the bugs, so there'll soon be an updated version...
If i have the time I'll throw in an extra puzzle or two.

Cheers

ps. The second chapter is also on the way. I've already finished a couple of backgrounds and half of the story...

Sam.

PooPoo, im stuck

Spoiler
All ive got is the bible and the clip, ive got the orc out of his cell window and ive exhausted conversation with the guard, what do i do?
[close]
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Abisso

Spoiler
Have you read all the Bible yet? If you do so, you'll get an extra line of dialogue with the guard....
[close]
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

=The=Brat=

that nose is scary
???  :o  :'(

He-Man

Hi

I've finally pulled my self together and updated my game.
The update includes:

Visual updates (especially in the intro).
While interacting with a couple of objects you got no
response. These objects now work as they should.
Some typos.
A few speech changes.

The game should now be bug free. Anyway I hope so....
The game can be found at the same location a the previous version:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=554

Have fun!

JSE

I'd really like to play your game â€" but unfortunately, it won't start at all. When I double-click on the exe file, the following error message appears:

An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0xBFF9BB6B (strcpy/strcat); program pointer is +0, ACI version 2.61.747, gtags (0,0)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Venus

Really nice game. Just finished it and all I can say is: exellent. The graphics are really nice. I love your style. The story was funny and the puzzles were perfect imo. Nothing too difficult to keep you stuck for days, but just hard enough to keep you entertained. Really great.
Your update worked perfectly fine for me. Found no bugs at all. I didn't play the previous versions as I just discovered your game an hour ago, but I guess you did a good job.

Overall, one of the best games I've played in a long time. Keep up the smashing work. I can't wait for the second chapter.

He-Man

Venus - Thank you very much. I'm happy you like my game.
JSE - Try downloading the game again. I've just tried downloading it myself again and I didn't have any problems...

JSE

I've downloaded it several times now, but I still can't get it to work :(...

What a bummer â€" the game looks very interesting.

I got the coin, bible, clip, and toilet paper, but I still don't know how to get rid of the guard. Help here???

Joyce

splat44

Quote from: JSE on Thu 07/07/2005 22:46:31
I'd really like to play your game â€" but unfortunately, it won't start at all. When I double-click on the exe file, the following error message appears:

An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0xBFF9BB6B (strcpy/strcat); program pointer is +0, ACI version 2.61.747, gtags (0,0)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes, Me too.

I did re-download it many times and same problems.

Please correct that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk