"Noah" in production

Started by cappella, Sun 24/04/2005 07:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Curry

Quote from: cappella on Sun 24/04/2005 07:08:13
we are proud to show the first few screenshots of our game called "Noah" wich will be finished about in winter 2006, (hope so)...

Amazing! How much are you going to charge for this?? :-)

Curry

cappella

hi,

thank you all for your great feedback about the first screenshots from Noah...
...but there wer not finished yet... much more to do...
well, we now have about 30 rooms in progress, a few of them really finished...
and we need to set up about 130 rooms...
a lot todo... (dont mention intro,cutscenes and endind, wich are very much work in designing the world, light and camera setups, creating 30 characters and about 20 different animal-species and so on...)

the next weeks i will post more screens and more informations about the game and the story ....

one of the very finished screens from the ingame grafik (scroll-screen)
"Noahs home"

...and one of the character-designs for the rendered fmv-cutscenes, the ingame grafik is a little bit different (lower resolution)
"Treefairy -fell-"

Someone asked about the price for that game when its finished :-)
The answer is : the game and speechpack will be free to download but you will have to spend 1 $ if you want to download all the videos for the cutscenes. (about 20 minutes videos)
sorry about that, but we will have to invest some money in that game (soundtrack and compositing)....
but I'm not really sure about that now...
but i promise. the rendervideos will be better than some commercial games....
:-)

greetings....

Capp

Darth Mandarb

Please keep all posts about this game in one topic.

The new screens look great.  This game has much potential!  Keep up the good work.

GarageGothic

This looks absolutely wonderful. I love how you've somehow managed to create a non-rendered look. Usually I hate pre-rendered 3D, but with that texturing it almost looks hand painted. Reminds me of the Hildebrandt-brothers' style.

Rock on!

simulacra

GarageGothic: you stole my words.

I normally hate 3D renderings because of their lack of life, but your graphics look awesome. Good luck with your project.

Scummbuddy

You are a very skilled artist, I wish you well with this project.

I do have to agree with Darth that your second shot, the cave, definitly looks like a minature. I have to believe that you did create it, on the computer, but wow, it really does look like you took a picture of a minature, which is a great ability to recreate.

Nicely done.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mozesh

Wow that looks just awesome, really damn realistic.
I wish you luck on the project   :)

cappella

hi everywere,

ok, we've changed the look a little bit, because we had to paint every texture by hand and it took to much of our time.
so we decided to take our digicam and make photographical textures instead. we are sorry to loose the hand-painted look, it's now more
rendered look like...but we can work faster and one screen take about 4-8 hours instead of 2-4 days...
hope you like it also...

take a look at some of the new screens...

greetings...

Ubel

Woohoo! It looks so freaking amazing! :D
I can't wait for this. Keep it up!

Mozesh

Like I said before, this looks so amazing.
Really looking forward to this!
Keep it up  ;D

skullkid22

Wow, this is amazing. Will it be freewere or commercial?

PsychicHeart

didn't you read? the game is freeware but if you want all videos it costs $1. US right?
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

cappella

the game is free...and all of the videos...are free to...maybe.... we will see...

Ubel

I certainly hope so. Well, it doesn't matter, this game looks so good I could even pay for it.

jason

:o Wow, you guys are incredibly talented artists! Amazing stuff!

Snarky

Very nice. I think the new images are actually better than the first ones you posted!

Did you think about the fact that the smoke from the chimney is going to look weird if it's completely static? Are you going to animate it?

Sinister

Very.... VERY VERY NICE!!!

my god.. you actually ruined me!!... i'll never be able to do anything close
to what you have done... simply great screens..

hope you manage to finish this by 2006. Good luck.

fovmester

This looks to professional to be real!! And you say it's freeware? Why!? You guys could make a fortune on this! Sell it for 10$ and everyone would still buy it if the story is as good as the graphics!

cappella

greetings,

thank you for all the great feedback :-)

okay, why  making an adventure game for free to everyone ?
first thing to say is that we two are very big fans from the good old adventure games. my first adventure-game was "leisure suit larry 1" (ken sent me) ;-))
i was twelve or thirteen years old and i had to answer all 3 questions to get in the game because i actually did'nt known the "alt-X" support :-)
in this period of life i learned english, because the games language was only available in english that time and i had to play that game with a english-german dictionary. now, 17 years later, we have the ability to make an adventure by ourselves, we want to make a game like the god old adventures, mixed with some myst-style elements/riddles (remember myst/riven/exile ?) but not so technical, more fantasy like. we have beautiful graphics,  stunning videos (hopefully), very good music and a great story, but its secret for the moment. :-))

anyway, what was the question ? why we are making it for free ?
perhaps more of you will play the game, BECAUSE it is FREE ! download it with your standard broadband connection (about 1 GB with all the videos) right on your big harddrive and enjoy *lol* :-)
or..
perhaps because we can do this...!!!

why is AGS for free ?? Why did chris jones such a thing ? he could be rich now !.......do you see ?

more to come...

Cluey

^^^ The man has a point...

Anyway, those screens look awesome, and have a very nice fantasy feel to them!
Aramore
My webcomic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk