"Noah" in production

Started by cappella, Sun 24/04/2005 07:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubel

Quote from: cappella on Sat 04/06/2005 21:25:39
lol

I will forgive you for saying the L word this time because you'll make the game free. ;)

Oneway

Yikes! 1GB? that's gonna be one helluva download. It looks like it's worth it though. I Sure hope this will be a bit-torrent download.

If i may give you a suggestion: In a couple of weeks place a music sample on here for people to listen to. You've proven beyond a doubt that the game is going to be visually excellent, if you place a piece of music that will fit the same mood you set with the images you'll keep people hot for the game and convince them even more to play your game.

And after this game, do yourself and your team a favour and go make some huge $$$ publishing your games :)
Almost intentionally left blank.

cappella

hi,
long time has passed and now we present some new stuff and informations.
The game is still in progress, and it looks more beautiful now.
At this time, we show a few new shots from the intro and trailer of the game. (no screenshots from gameplay, only video-sequences) and some sound examples from the game (not in full quality, only medium, and no full tracks, only parts (dont want to spoil too much) with one exeption : the track of the menu (loop).
We are working on a teaser and a trailer from the game, the teaser will come in "round about" 2-3 month then some time later the trailer will follow.
Our Website from the game is still in progress, too, but stay tuned  ;)
Some facts :
it will be an epic game and will took many hours to complete.
about 15 minutes from 30 minutes of video-sequences are (almost) finished.(in highres 1024x554)
The game will have about 200 rooms. (yes, its a big game)
the soundtrack is epic, orchestral and powerful.
scripting is still in beginning yet, because we focused more on grafics, sounds and videos.
The whole game will have speech, in english and opt. in german.
and it will come probably on two DVD's

here are the sound examples...

http://www.noah-game.de/images/Noah_Menu.mp3

http://www.noah-game.de/images/Noah_Intro_title.mp3

http://www.noah-game.de/images/Noah_Intro_example_01.mp3

http://www.noah-game.de/images/Noah_Intro_example_02.mp3

here are the new shots...

have fun and get ready for the teaser....
capp

JD

Holy grails! That looks amazingly awesome!

Mordalles

WOW! im speechless! making this free is a crime. not that im complaining.  ;D
its just stunning. i have never played an adventure game with better graphics than that. im serious.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Greyarea

Wow this game looks great! Cappella, if your story is as good as your grahpics your gonna produce a classic!

The only thing that makes me worry is the interface, I didn't really enjoy most modern 3D adventures because the user interface was ill concived (anyone rember the Westeners?). Could you give us some more details about how you plan to tackel this issue? :)

cappella

the interface ? i think you saw the old one on page 1 of this thread. its gone. we decided to make a small interface wich is normaly hidden, it pops out when the mousecursor goes on top of screen, will post a screenshot in a few days.
by the way, all of the screens on page 1 and 2 where totaly reworked.

@greyarea
the story is mindblowing. We did the game, because we have a really good story, perhaps one of the best in game history ever. That is why we try to make a game with nice graphics because our story needs a good enviroment and realistic animations to make the whole game more emotional, the player must feel the game !

combined double post - please do not do that!

splat44

Whoa, I am speechless in seeing those graphics.

Good luck in finishing.

i k a r i

Oh great..
It's great for me (living in Argentina) to know is going to be free, I don't think you would have sent me a copy from German or USA  ;D even if I bought it.

You're making a professional game, I hope the story and gameplay is as good as anything else!
I really wish you GOOD luck..
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

fovmester

My God! Those FMV-shots are in class with (or even better than) Square's final fantasy FMV:s! Fucking STUNNING!

Not to complain, but I'd REALLY like to see an INGAME screenshot with a character in it. That would be so awesome!

Greyarea

Gotta agree with fovmaster, I really wanna see  a pic of what characters will look like ingame!

Mordalles

Quote from: cappella on Wed 19/04/2006 07:52:15
the story is mindblowing. We did the game, because we have a really good story, perhaps one of the best in game history ever.

have you played every adventure game out there? have you played ags games like prodigal? maybe you have a brilliant story, but don't start to get arrogant.  ;D everyone thinks they're own story is the best ever.

Mozesh

When you release the game I think you would need to get the best uploading space ever created, since loads of people will download this awesome looking game!

cappella

@mordalles

do you really think, i am arrogant ?  :-*
to answer your question: No, i have not played prodigal. but i have played almost all of the sierra adventures, lucasfilm-games, and square games (ff6-ff10, even the old ones, secret of mana/ everquest, and many many more. my first one was larry 1, and my last ff10. I'm an old adventure-junkee  ;D
maybe our story is not the best in game history, but trust me, it worth to get a look inside, when its ready.
And i am not arrogant, but want to promotion our game  ;)

greetings
Capp

Mordalles

hehe, well, if I'm blown away by the story, then no. hehe.

but when you say on a forum mostly made out of other game makers that your story is better than anything they've done before, then i don't see how you are promoting it.Ã,  ;D especially when you haven't even played their games. so you wouldn't know, would you.

but dont mind me, it looks awesome.

cappella

yea, maybe you're right with that. I have to play more games from here. if i only had more time  :(

Darth Mandarb

If you guys want to keep on with that topic, please take it into PMs ... otherwise, let's get back on topic.

Greyarea

Hrmm just a little technical question. I know that all the titanic true belivers might wanna shoot me for this, but I'm a noob so be nice :D. Can AGS handel a game of this magnitued? I mean 1GB (with the FMVs and all the scenes) worth of game seems a little much, or is it such a powerfull engien?  ???

cosmicr

any chance at seeing some wireframe images? did you mention what software/modeller you're using to create these great pics?

ciborium

Everything looks and sounds great!

But... Please tell me the English we see and hear in the game will be better than it is in your posts.

Assuming the amount of text is proportional to the quality graphics and storyline you have,
then you will probably need a team of proof-readers.

Of course, if you only have speech...

gUd LuK sowndz thuh saam ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk