Place Machine - Maniac Mansion Mania Episode 15

Started by Problem, Mon 09/05/2005 18:41:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Problem

Maniac Mansion Mania

Episode 15: Place Machine

Finally the english translation of episode 15 is available. I hope there are not too many mistakes, and that you enjoy my episode as much as the people on the german forums did.

Like all MMM episodes it's a short game, but it is the first game in the series to have different solutions to some of the puzzles and a completely original soundtrack.

Download HERE. You can also visit the  games section and vote for it if you like.

sunshinegold

Wow # 15 already. Downloading now.  I enjoyed # 8 so this one should be good also.

Hope you can translate the others too.

Will get back to you with comments.

Problem

Oh, I just noticed there was a saved game in the archive, I corrected that.  ;)

As said in another thread, we have a lack of translaters. Most of the authors can't translate their episodes, or they don't want to do the work. But I hope this will change.

sunshinegold

Hi Problem:

First downloaded from your post. Cannot unzip.  Go to link in AGS games.  That was OK.

Second: Quite a long way into the game
Spoiler
After getting my own plant from mud
[close]
I got an error message:

'An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(Global script line 1474)
Error: SetActiveInventory player doesn't have any of that inventory.

Problem

Thank you for the report.
This bug happened randomly when I tested it, but I have no idea what it is. But it is not very often, actually you are the first one who reported it to me.

This seems to be a general problem in the maniac mansion mania startup package, as this happended in other episodes too (especially when klicking very fast). Just try it again please, and tell me if it works this time.

Potch

YAY!  Another Maniac Mansion game.  These are so much fun. 
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Joyce

Great game - just finished it.

I didn't get any bugs. When I went to save my game though I did notice the saved game already in there but I see you already noticed that.

desimaui

Quote from: Joyce on Mon 09/05/2005 20:51:28
Great game - just finished it.

I didn't get any bugs. When I went to save my game though I did notice the saved game already in there but I see you already noticed that.

Whoa, I can't even get into the opening (with vines). There is only a couple of things you can do: stone with branch, branch with opening,
stone with opening??? Help please I feel like a moran :-[
All You Need is Love!

Problem

Spoiler
You have to sharpen the stone somehow. There is a very big hotspot that you probably didn't think of.
[close]

sunshinegold

Thank you for you great game.

Please give us more. :)

Problem

Thank you  :)
I hope the translation was okay?

I'm already working on a sequel (together with another scripter), but I don't know whe it will be finished.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aw to heck with it. I've been hoping that the games got a translation, but nevermind, I'll just download them all and hope to learn german someday. WHat the hey, if I want to be an actor and an opera singer (which I do) I'm bound to learn it someday.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Problem

Actually people are working on translations, but it takes some time. At least episode 1, 2, 8 and 15 are already translated. Episode 9 should follow soon. Just be patient  ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Doesn't make much good if some games, like 4 and very probably 12, never will be translated, or so I've been told when I suggested it first. Ah well. Kudos to people who do translate! That way more people can enjoy your games! :=

Kneel. Now.

Problem

Well the biggest problem is episode 4, because of the rhymes. This can only be translated by someone who is very good at english and german AND who is able to think of good new rhymes. It's not easy to find someone who can do this, but we hope to find someone. All the other episodes can be translated without problems imho.

By the way, you don't need to play the games in chronological order. You could play episode 15 without knowing the other episodes. It's the same with almost every other MMM game.

Grunt2

Can somebody tell me which episodes are translated. Thank you

sunshinegold

Quote from: Grunt2 on Sat 14/05/2005 17:33:54
Can somebody tell me which episodes are translated. Thank you

Grunt2

This is your answer found on the Hints forum.

[Actually it is a german series, and the episodes 1, 2, 8 and 15 have been translated to english. You can find them here:
http://maniacmansion.microspace.ch/spiele.htm

I'm sorry, but these are the only episodes that are available in english at the moment. But I hope that more will be translated soon. I'm trying to convince the other authors ]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteBy the way, you don't need to play the games in chronological order. You could play episode 15 without knowing the other episodes. It's the same with almost every other MMM game.

Oh! Well, that surely changes things! Thanks a lot, I'll start playing them now! And keep an eye on the MMM page to see which new translations get added (I assume that that information goes in the NEWS page - I sure hope I can understand enough to notice when new translations are available).

I think I'll start with playing episode 15. :=

And sunshinegold... thank you very much. For trying to convince other authors.

Kneel. Now.

Problem

You can always browse the games ("Spiele") list and look for this:

to find out which episodes have been translated.  :)

geomis

NUMBER 15???? HOLY!!!HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND MAKING THESE GAMES?????
IF I CAN'T WHY SHOULD YOU?!
WHAT JUST CAUSE YOU WORK AT THE BANK MEANS YOU CAN TAKE MONEY OUT?!It does?.....WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS!

Problem

Haha, you believe I did all the other episodes?
MMM is a german project where everyone is invited to make his own episode. So there are MANY different authors.

Episode 15 is actually the first adventure game I ever made  ;D

geomis

what a random thing to do.i wonder how many people have made their own
IF I CAN'T WHY SHOULD YOU?!
WHAT JUST CAUSE YOU WORK AT THE BANK MEANS YOU CAN TAKE MONEY OUT?!It does?.....WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Random? :=

I don't suppose you know about RON, the thing MMM is inspired on. Check it out!

http://ron.the-underdogs.org/

ANd, re episode 15 - I'm quite enjoying it. It's not dreadfully hard, but it has stumped me already many times in a short while - nothing I couldn't get over with a little bit of actual *thinking*. I really appreciate it.

Kneel. Now.

Problem

Quote from: Rui "redruM" Pires on Sun 15/05/2005 11:01:11

... it has stumped me already many times in a short while - nothing I couldn't get over with a little bit of actual *thinking*.

That's exactly the way it should work - I did a lot of work on designing the puzzles with different solutions and giving hints on what to do next. I'm glad you enjoy it  :)

Czar

Quote from: Problem on Sat 14/05/2005 11:25:28
Well the biggest problem is episode 4, because of the rhymes. This can only be translated by someone who is very good at english and german AND who is able to think of good new rhymes. It's not easy to find someone who can do this, but we hope to find someone. All the other episodes can be translated without problems imho.

But the translators could also work in pair. The german guy would tell the english one the direct translation, and then the latter would make a variation with rhymes to that, and then they would both agree if it fits.

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Dannyyou

Can someone translate some more?  i have won all the translated ones and i love them.

MalleTheRedPhoenix

Quote from: Dannyyou on Mon 27/06/2005 03:06:08
Can someone translate some more?Ã,  i have won all the translated ones and i love them.

Don't worry Dannyou.
I work on a Maniac Mansion Episode with english translation too!
More information about my coming episode can you see under "in production".

A word to this episode:
I know, that you heard that in the german forum Problem, but your episode is one of the best episodes, that I played before.
So I can say to everybody in this forum, that, when you didn't play this episode before, you should download this game.  ;)

Argentinian

I just have finished the game. I really enjoyed it so much. It's very funny and its graphics are well done.

I think you have to think on a sequel.

Regards.
Download my first game:
RON: The Phantom Inheritance

Problem

Thank you very much. :) I'm already planning a sequel, but I don't know when it will be finished

lordbyrd123

how do i run the game in english?when i start it up i only get the german version ???

sunshinegold

Quote from: lordbyrd123 on Tue 27/09/2005 18:28:05
how do i run the game in english?when i start it up i only get the german version ???

lordbyrd123

In the 'winsetup', you have a space to choose language, click on the arrow and choose 'English Translation'.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Also, please don't ask the same question on two different places. :)

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk