SECRETS OF SULTAN KANUNI

Started by proximity, Tue 10/05/2005 15:16:50

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

the game is finished now. You can download the game from www.geocities.com/fatihuzun67/sosk.zip

if you are stuck and need walkthrough, visit www.geocities.com/fatihuzun67/WTENG.jpg

if you cannot download the game, try http://rapidshare.de/files/1679530/sosk.zip.html

Proximity Entertainment

Trish

" Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! 
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://us.share.geocities.com/fatihuzun67/sosk.zip " hm.... same with the other link.......

miryoku_81

Quote from: moomatz on Tue 10/05/2005 17:42:11
Quote from: proximity on Tue 10/05/2005 15:45:05
TryÃ,  http://rapidshare.de/files/1679530/sosk.zip.html

Does not work.

I was able to download using that link although I was a little bit confused how to do so for a little bit.Ã,  If you aren't a member of rapidshare you have to wait about 1 minute before your download initiates, but you can still download it without joining.Ã,  Just click on the "free" button.

Looks like I'm the only one playing this game so far but I'm stuck:

Spoiler
When I try to enter he secret passage it says that I have an item missing?  I'm not sure exactly what it could be.  I have the map (analyzed), old document (translated), golden shoes, shovel, ID card, and I think that's it.  I used the coins in the jukebox
[close]

Stephanie

Mir,

Spoiler
do you have the disk from you desk ??...you will need that if you dont have it
[close]

Potch

Well, I think it's going to start downloading soon... what a weird site!

Ok... found a bug I think.

Spoiler
  I'm talking to the waiter in the restaurant, and he just keeps looping the same thing over and over, and i can't get out of the conversation.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

miryoku_81

Thanks for the tip, Steph, I didn't realize I could pick that up - duh!  I think it's tough because in this game, sometimes the hotspots are highlighted by text and sometimes they aren't.  And sometimes you can't look at things, but you can pick them up.

Quote from: Potch on Tue 10/05/2005 22:29:56

Spoiler
Ã,  I'm talking to the waiter in the restaurant, and he just keeps looping the same thing over and over, and i can't get out of the conversation.
[close]

Hmm...I didn't encounter that bug. However...
Spoiler
What question are you asking the guy specifically?Ã,  I know that you have to select the question regarding his birthdate to get out of the conversation.Ã,  But if it just keeps looping, then I don't really know.
[close]

Rosie

Cannot seem to download this game.  Shame that you spent so much time on it and we can't seem to download it.  Anything else you can do for us????

miryoku_81

Quote from: Rosie on Wed 11/05/2005 03:44:01
Cannot seem to download this game.Ã,  Shame that you spent so much time on it and we can't seem to download it.Ã,  Anything else you can do for us????

Rosie, this is the link that worked for me: http://rapidshare.de/files/1679530/sosk.zip.html
It's kind of a complicated process so I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

Scroll down and you'll see a graph with two columns where you choose the download type (one saying "free" and the other saying "premium").  Select the "free download".  You will then we taken to the next page - you'll notice that if you scroll down there is something saying that you have selected the file "sosk.exe" to download.  It also indicates that you have to wait about a minute to download it and the timer starts counting down (I'm not sure if this is affected by the speed of your connection - I only had to wait about a minute but I have a really fast connection).  The file will then start downloading after the allotted time and then you can extract it as you normally would.

I hope that helps.  :)  Otherwise, you may have to wait until a new link is provided.

flocking

Can we have some screenshots ?

proximity

Thank you Miryoku for explaining everything instead of me.
What Miryoku said about the game so far is completely true.i am sorry i don't know how to make spoiler. i f i knew that, i may give you some hints.
i hope you like the game.i will modify my main topic so you can see some screenshots
Proximity Entertainment

Ubel

Quote from: proximity on Wed 11/05/2005 13:24:24
i am sorry i don't know how to make spoiler.
Code: ags
[spoiler]Text here[/spoiler]

Quote from: flocking on Wed 11/05/2005 11:48:06
Can we have some screenshots ?
You don't really have to include screenshots in completed games forum. Why don't you instead download the game and see what it looks like. ;)

proximity

Pablo thanks for the spoiler command.
Spoiler
When you ask waiter his birthday, you will leave conversation.There is no bug there.
[close]

Spoiler
When you enter secret passage,in next room use golden shoes on yourself.Golden shoes are silent and you can eliminate soldier.if not, soldier will realise you and game will be over
[close]
Proximity Entertainment

Rosie

Miryoku, Thank you so much, that worked..... :)

miryoku_81

Quote from: Rosie on Thu 12/05/2005 00:40:20
Miryoku, Thank you so much, that worked..... :)

No problem, Rosie.  :)  Have fun playing.  I finished the game last night so if you need any hints just ask.

sunshinegold

miryoku_81

Hi, I'm not sure if I really finished the game.

Spoiler
after I translate magnetic info, gone back to museum, got where UFO, green man comes to me and then I get 'end of game'
[close]

Is that it or more to do?

Rosie

Spoiler
Sunshine........No that is not the end of the game.  Is there something in your inventory that you can use to kill the alien????
[close]

Potch

Quote from: miryoku_81 on Wed 11/05/2005 00:07:21
Thanks for the tip, Steph, I didn't realize I could pick that up - duh!Ã,  I think it's tough because in this game, sometimes the hotspots are highlighted by text and sometimes they aren't.Ã,  And sometimes you can't look at things, but you can pick them up.

Quote from: Potch on Tue 10/05/2005 22:29:56

Spoiler
Ã,  I'm talking to the waiter in the restaurant, and he just keeps looping the same thing over and over, and i can't get out of the conversation.
[close]

Hmm...I didn't encounter that bug. However...
Spoiler
What question are you asking the guy specifically?Ã,  I know that you have to select the question regarding his birthdate to get out of the conversation.Ã,  But if it just keeps looping, then I don't really know.
[close]

I asked all of the questions, and then it automatically asked the birthday question, and just kept asking that question over and over again automatically.  It was very strange.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

sunshinegold

Proximity:

Just finished the game.  Great.  Really enjoyed it.  Kind of easy.  Puzzles very clear.  Got stuck once but that is very normal for me.

Hope you make another one soon.

Potch

Well I did it over again, and didn't get the bug.  The first time I got the bug, I didn't
Spoiler
pick up the atm card before talking to the waiter.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  But the second time, I DID pick it up first and it worked
[close]

Anyway, nice little game.  I actually was able to beat it without hints, which is AWESOME! 

sunshinegold

Quote from: Potch on Thu 12/05/2005 19:47:36
Well I did it over again, and didn't get the bug.Ã,  The first time I got the bug, I didn't
Spoiler
pick up the atm card before talking to the waiter.Ã,  Maybe that had something to do with it.Ã,  But the second time, I DID pick it up first and it worked
[close]

Anyway, nice little game.Ã,  I actually was able to beat it without hints, which is AWESOME!Ã, 

I'm pretty sure that was the reason for the bug.

Spoiler
if you did not have the card, you would not know why you need to know his birthday
[close]

Well that's what I think.

I agree with you good game.

proximity

Fellas i am really glad you like the game. i worked on it 1,5 months.Better game was in my mind (especially the ending sequence). Here read this:
Spoiler
in the end, i designed matrix style fighting.When the player kick first agent, player must have rotated on his around 3 times.And when the first agent move to floor,player must have keep moving and second agent also fall.
After all of this, when the player start to fly, he must have hit the top of the building and said "help". But script order was confused and it just passed to the next room.Sorry for this deficiencies.i will correct it in my next game
[close]

sunshinegold, i know puzzels are easy,because i made a game before which is Turkish. Many people from Turkey complained about its difficulty and getting stuck.Some of them asked me how to go from first room to another:) That's why i made easy game so everyone can solve.
But when i see your solving ability, i decided to make clear but more difficult puzzels in next game.
Proximity Entertainment

sunshinegold

Thank you Proximity:

Can't wait for your next game. 

In your next game(s), I hope there will be more than 1, please do not include arcades/shooting puzzles.  The girls don't really like those because we are not really good at them ;) and there are a lot of girls playing.

Bye and come back soon with your 2nd game.

Gord10

Just finished the game :) I liked it.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

proximity

i really didn't realize that there are lots of girls here.i think whole people who typed messages to this topic are girls(except Gord10).i am very surprised and glad so many girls playing adventure games.

i thought to make some arcade puzzels in the next game. if you dont like it, than i won't make arcade :) Making arcade is difficult and taking lots of time anyway

Proximity Entertainment

sunshinegold

Quote from: proximity on Mon 16/05/2005 11:21:08
i really didn't realize that there are lots of girls here.i think whole people who typed messages to this topic are girls(except Gord10).i am very surprised and glad so many girls playing adventure games.

i thought to make some arcade puzzels in the next game. if you dont like it, than i won't make arcade :) Making arcade is difficult and taking lots of time anyway

Proximity:

I don't want to be unfair to the guys.  I know they like arcades puzzles.  Maybe you could just do like Wretched did in his updated of 'Where's My Hat Ma' with a way to skip these arcade puzzles and still be able to complete the game.

proximity

sunshinegold; i decided not to put arcade games in the next game.But, i will make some word fighting.For example; insult fighting in Monkey Island 4. However, insults won't be bad language. if i have to use bad language, i will just space it like a... Do i make myself clear  ;)
Proximity Entertainment

=The=Brat=

umm good work

p.s what paint program did you use for this game

*Brat thinks to him self "please not MS paint, Please not Ms paint*

sunshinegold

proximity

i used MS Paint, but won't use anymore because it's too simple
Proximity Entertainment

Queen Kara

I use MS Paint along with any other art / graphics programs I can get my hands on. I especially enjoy using MS Paint and Paint Shop Pro , Paint is good for starting things and making basic stuff and Paint is good for effects , finishing touches , ect.
Not trying to be off topic just meaning that I hope you don't really give up on MS Paint since it's not that bad even though it is simple.
"When i need to use special effects on pic, MS Paint is not enough for it. "
Yeah , that's why I use Paint Shop Pro.
I thought you meant you were never going to use MS Paint for any graphics ever again or something similar.
Sorry.
I think you use MS Paint the same way I do , just for basics , then , like you say , using other programs for the special effects and any special patterns / style you want to use.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

proximity

i am using and will use Ms paint just for drawing black lines. Then just save. When i need to use special effects on pic, MS Paint is not enough for it. That's why i am using different paint editors to use special effects like noise, emboss, charcoal, etc....
i am right aren't i?
Proximity Entertainment

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk