Satan Quest

Started by Trapezoid, Wed 30/10/2002 23:38:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezoid

Satan Quest, the game where YOU are Satan!

This is my short game. My goal with this was just to get something out there. Now I'm able to say that I made a decent, completed game in AGS, and it's just a wonderful, tingly feeling.
The game is about Satan, who is summoned from Hell by a timid man who wants to trade his soul. Satan's a businessman at heart, so he'll go to fair lengths to carry out this man's wish.
Enjoy.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT!

edmundito

oh no! trapezoid makes game!!!

* netmonkey runs away in fear

I'll come back later when I play the game. :)

---

I have returned.
not bad for a first game... and it teaches us all a lesson, or something.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

MillsJROSS

This game is short and sweet. It's devishly funny. The music and sound effects are what make this game a must play. With that said, you all must play.

-MillsJROSS

Dave Gilbert

This game is great, dude!  Extremely short, but extremely sweet.  I especially like the way Satan walks.  

Are you going to create a longer game with Satan?  

-Dave

Trapezoid

Probably not, I'm already working on a full length game (see Suspico).

edmundito

You know, this is the perfect game for halloween.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Trapezoid

Yeah. I didn't even realize.
Y'know, all I needed was a jackolantern and Osama taking a dump and this could've been a MAGS game.

rookworm3

Cool game--- one question: it is not obvious where to click to get out of the office. Where do you click to get out of the office?

Nostradamus

That is the coolest game I played in a while.
Kudos!
The music was mods\chrille quality, very fit with the game.
I really hope you do a full length Satan game when you finish the game you're currently working on.

cockroach guy: You have to walk down to the center of the screen until you're out. It's not a single click, you have to walk.

Goldmund

Hey, really nice!
Pity it's not longer.
I liked talking animations a lot.

But... haven't you ever heard that satan has a tail?22?2!11! FOOL!
If you included tail I would like this game much more.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Trapezoid on Thu 31/10/2002 16:21:16Probably not, I'm already working on a full length game (see Suspico).

That's a shame.  This would make a great series of small-games.  Who doesn't like satan?   (Except for Davy Jones, of course)

-Dave

jannar85

The game was really good. I have no bad comments, everything was great!
Looking farward to the next one :D
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Robert Eric

Well, I guess there's only one thing to say:

Ã, Ã, 

Flippy_D

Quite fittingly, the file is corrupt.
*sighs*
nothing ever quite seems to go well with me, does it? speaking of which that paint don't work on ME.

And I've just burnt down my house.

And I fell off a ladder.

And I just plunged into an alternate reality.

*sighs*

Snake

Hey, Trappy, haven't played much yet, but so far it's freaking awesome. I love the animations and inventory screen :)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Tarantula

I'm very impressed! I love the humor and the music... and the graphics are very fitting too! You really should make a longer Satan Quest, Satan is a very refreshing and hilarious character to play (a grrreat idea IMO).

Trapezoid

Hey, maybe. The game was going to be a bit longer originally, with Satan having to escape from jail... Maybe some time I'll make a special edition, with voice and stuff.

Gonzo

I loved the game, very funny and a great concept. A longer game with Satan would be great, but Suspico looks like it will be a great game too. I couldn't find the alternate ending referred to in the readme...

One time I tried to give the address book to Roger and the game stopped working, you might want to look into that for a future release.

Trapezoid

The alternate ending involves using a different object on Robert...

Flippy_D

Er, hello? I can't play the game. All I get when I download is a file- 126. I have to open with, and when I say AGS it says corrupt file....bah.

I'll try once more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk