CAVERNS

Started by Helm, Thu 09/06/2005 00:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

This was made for the one room one week compo. It lost. If you haven't played, give it a whirl, it's ok. I did everything but some of the writing, which Unilin did. A guy you don't know playtested a little. As it goes, it was made in one week so it's not the epitome of cleanly-made, therefore. Even if I had more time, I'm not very good with scripting, so it's unchanged from the compo version. Read the info before playing, as there's some known bugs.  This was intended to be played in 640x480, windowed with sound on and NO AUTOMATIC AA on the characters, but suit yourself. It looks bad in 320x240.

There will be no screenshots or anything else to lure you to play this. The point of the compo was to make a game in one room, so I won't spoil anything.

Get it here.
WINTERKILL

Nacho

But... Helm releases a game and nobody tells anything about it?

Just seeing that screen its going to be amazing. Downloading. Save space for me here, I will have passed it (I hope) after some hours and I'll comment how nice it is.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Privateer Puddin'

Well, it was in the orow comp.. why didn't you dl them? :O

juncmodule

It has been so long since an adventure game REALLY made me smile. Awesome stuff Helm. Beautiful graphics. I would love to see a full game from you.

later,
-junc

Helm

Thanks, junk. Like that you like. Don't hold your breath on full games from me. More likely to make another orow game if we have a sequel competition.
WINTERKILL

Potch

When I tried to play the game, it just sat on the title screen and never went any further. :-(
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Funny, other people have commented they had the same problem. And I think I did too, the very first time I loaded it. But in subsequent times, it never happened again, and other people seemed to say the same.

Try playing it again, see what happens now.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Helm

I think I know what the problem is. When I imported the 'ingress' button, I set the black to transparent, so unless you click on the WHITE of the letters, it won't register the onmouseclick.

Silly of me, but easily avoidable for you.
WINTERKILL

Potch

Thanks.  I figured out how to start it.  I feel foolish now.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

BlackZombie

I can't even solve the first puzzle  ???
anybody have some hints? I'll keep trying until then.

BlackZombie

ok I did manage to get a stalagmite.... stalactite....  ??? :P

Helm

well... the hard part's over then, isn't it? Just a few metaphorical boulders left to push out of the way and you're almost done.
WINTERKILL

lakerz

Heh, I can't even get that far!

Spoiler
I threw the one rock I can pick up at the stalagtite.  It moved but is not falling down.  Can't find anything else to pick up, talk to, interact with, etc.
[close]

Helm

If at first you don't succeed, pick up another rock and try again.
WINTERKILL

simulacra

The Freud option is the most bizarre feature I have seen in a game.

Helm

WINTERKILL

lakerz

Thanks Helm.  The game is a trip (a good trip that is!)  I liked the addition of Freud as well.  ;D

helpme

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

ness

very good. didn't know we women were so scary.
Take the road less travelled.... you won't meet so many idiots on the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk