Digilawyer

Started by deadsuperhero, Thu 09/06/2005 19:01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

deadsuperhero

Okay, this is a stupid joke game I made with AGS. You talk to this lawyer/stock advisor guy. The point of this whole game was just merely a test with useing a parser. This game has speech, as well as dialogue trees.
You can get the game here: www.freewebs.com/eterniagames/Digilawyer.zip
And you can get the speech pack here: www.freewebs.com/eterniagames/speech.zip

There was originally a song in the game when you kill the lawyer, but it was too big of a file, so I had to remove it.
Enjoy this stuff!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Wretched

It crashes if you type in 'How Lawyer' and I don't think you're going to win any AI research grants with this one. Still a perfect stupid joke game.

Disco

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Disco on Thu 09/06/2005 19:43:48
It's an outrage!
Yes, it is an outrage.
For anyone that's curious, there's several different things you can type in to get responses.
You can swear, ask him for sex, kill him, ask about stocks, ask about the law, and much, much more.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Words of advice - if you really want anyone to download the speech pack, host it somewhere else. Freewebs is *slow* and doesn't allow use of download managers, and that spells h-e-l-l.

Downloading the game now... I like "outrages". :)

EDIT - Heh. No outrage here, though. Sure, some people who actually deal with the law and stuff might get offended, because the humour is not at all subtle and that makes it look like it's just "let's make fun of the lawyer", but humour's all it is.

And BTW, since this is essentially a test for you, as you said, you have to look into it better. Two things: it's cumbersome to always type "ask about", you can either just have the player type "law" or "court" or whatever or have a keyboard shortcut that automatically makes the textbox appear with "Ask about" already in. Much like, say, Laura Bow or Conquests of Camelot did. And second, look into that parser. I typed "ask about me" and it crashed, saying "me" was an ignored word or was not in the dictionary. Together with what Wretched said, I think you haven't really covered a default "I don't understand that" response at all.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Disco

Oh, I just said the outrage thing because some lawyers, notably Johnnie Cochran, say that often. I haven't yet downloaded the game.

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a actually can never download stuff hosted on freeweb by his browser, however they can be downloaded if he droped the links into a download manager.

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Fri 10/06/2005 02:02:06
* Gilbot V7000a actually can never download stuff hosted on freeweb by his browser, however they can be downloaded if he droped the links into a download manager.
Hey, sorry about the web host. I didn't have anything better.
I mean, I would have put it on 2Dadventure, but I thought maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

That so, Gilbot? When I use managers like GetRight or Download Accelerator I just get a "file not found" error... :P

And, Webspider? http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosting/FileHostingHome.html :=
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Gilbert

I use NetTransport, which can directly download some of the stuff (hint hint) in case Opera or IE couldn't do it because of the firewall here or some other reasons.
Freewebs links never work here when I use my browsers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk