The Devil's Shroud part II

Started by Ketmaier, Sat 11/06/2005 22:34:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketmaier

You can download The Devil's Shroud part II at http://leok.altervista.org
If you want to play it just download it, otherwise...you don't know what you're missing

grandma

for those who do not know about this game, i want you to know it is very, very interesting. play part one first so you know what is going on. and get part two to continue the adventure.  and please let the author know that you would like him to continue the series.  sometimes we just have to take time to give a pat on the back to those who keep us entertained.  otherwise they may stop making these great games for us.  -- thanks again leo--

marlamoe

Has part 2 been translated to English yet?

JClarke641

I can't seem to download part 2 in English,  Is it possible or am I doing something wrong?  Jacquie C. :-[

Ketmaier

Thanks to all for the compliments. The game's been translated in english and there are no troubles in downloading and installing it.
Bye.

ilSilente

Great... the nightmare part is... astonishing! :)

sunshinegold

Quote from: ilSilente on Sun 12/06/2005 17:59:35
Great... the nightmare part is... astonishing! :)

I know this game will be great.  Part I was. 

You say nightmare part is .....astonishing! ???

It has already become a nightmare for me :)

Do you know:
Spoiler
where you have to stand to get the key
[close]

JClarke641

::)

I've downloaded the game...still not sure how,since it kept showing up in Italian. 

Anyway, it looks to be a winner,,,,now if I can just get out of my nightmare (house), I'll be on my way.  Thanks.    Jacquie C.

sunshinegold

Quote from: JClarke641 on Mon 13/06/2005 00:58:03
::)

I've downloaded the game...still not sure how,since it kept showing up in Italian.Ã, 

Anyway, it looks to be a winner,,,,now if I can just get out of my nightmare (house), I'll be on my way.Ã,  Thanks.Ã,  Ã,  Jacquie C.

In your nightmare you have to:

Spoiler
find a key to get out of it otherwise you are stuck inside.Ã,  Find a pot of flowers, brake a big vase and from that point you will find a key to open a locked door.
[close]

If you need more precise info, let us know.

BTW I think we should start using the Hints forum instead of the Completed Games as I believe this will be a very long thread.

sunshinegold

Before anyone comments on my posting here after I suggested that we should keep our questions for the HINTS forum, I am doing it because I think I found some bugs and I figured that should be in the Completed Game forum.  If I get stuck in the game I will post in the Hints forum.   

Ketmaier:

I think I might have found some bugs.

I loose my monk habit after I get egg from Abbay.  and I cannot get another one.Ã,  It says 1 is enough.Ã,  But after I get the plum I get it back.....????

Also after church, walking back towards front entrance, I entered again on the side door. I am at the window, but cannot get out???

JClarke641

Moving along here, I just need to get a bigger fish I  think.Anyway thanks, I did get it installed. Jacquie C.

Wretched

Ketmaier,
Some bugs...

Spoiler

You can retrieve eggs/feed/fodder from shed by looking through the door and picking up, looks like a debug shortcut left in. This also changes the characters graphic so he is not wearing the habit anymore.

I keep getting to a position when when I enter the boat on the mainland side the screen fades out the in again and I am still on the mainland. So I cannot use the boat again. I think this is caused when I miss the landing spot on the mainland side when returning from the island. and have to manouvre near the beach.

If you look at the center of the faces in the church it says 'church entrance'

I also had the game hang a few times when I stood near to where the cow manure appears later on but could not repeat this.

The Bookkeeper can hear you talking to him from the telescope.

[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: Wretched on Mon 13/06/2005 11:39:39
Ketmaier,
Some bugs...

Spoiler

You can retrieve eggs/feed/fodder from shed by looking through the door and picking up, looks like a debug shortcut left in. This also changes the characters graphic so he is not wearing the habit anymore.

I keep getting to a position when when I enter the boat on the mainland side the screen fades out the in again and I am still on the mainland. So I cannot use the boat again. I think this is caused when I miss the landing spot on the mainland side when returning from the island. and have to manouvre near the beach.

If you look at the center of the faces in the church it says 'church entrance'

I also had the game hang a few times when I stood near to where the cow manure appears later on but could not repeat this.

The Bookkeeper can hear you talking to him from the telescope.

[close]

I also have the same problem:

I cannot get back on the boat. If I look at it, I get NOW I CAN USE THE BOAT but when I use the 'hand' on it, I just say on mainland.

I also had problems near the cow manure.

I hope Ketmaier can help us soon.

Owl Stretcher

I got stuck at the hotel in the very first part, by the front desk. It kept on repeating some text with question marks, over and over.

greenmamba

i very new i dont register
I will like play, we have one computer home, m,y bro register - always logged in password. i want play i want play we has one computor
i please an answer - i follow giusepi, i cant hide in small wall, pleese say how do follow juiseppi

Joyce

greenmamba

Try the hints and tips forum, there is a posting there from Peter telling you what to do to follow giusepi

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=21288.40

Wretched

Bug in the park , it's possible to get stuck on the path where he says 'I don't want to get lost' the exact position would be the top left corner of the path that goes south. When he is stuck it repeatdly says 'I don't want to get lost' and you cannot trigger any commands between the message repeating.

peter

when i take the torch out the suitcase i can later take again a torch from the suitcase ?
same with the anchor i used it and later there are a other 1 on the boat ??

are that right or a bug ?

Ketmaier

Some bugs reported have been fixed:

1) Now you can't take any item just looking through the cowshed's door

2) There was a bug at the window with the drying habit. You could stuck if you'd seen the notepad. Was this the bug?

3) If you'd taken another fish after the fisherman left you couldn't take the boat anymore. Was this the bug?

4) Now you can't talk to the bookseller from the telescope

5) Now you cant't stuck walking south at Tete d'or

6) Now you can't take the anchor twice

7) I couldn't find the torch bug

8) Now you can't make a rubbing with the pen before you can take the pencil

Thanks to all the people who reported the bugs

TassieDevil

Quote from: Ketmaier on Sat 18/06/2005 19:22:31

Well, just a quick summary.
Obviousily there were some bugs, but hardly any game stoppers :)
The one not reported so far: the inventory freezes the game while looking at it and the cow is moo'ing.

An excellent game, some puzzles were difficult, but as you can see we all managed together. I liked the nightmare a lot, your head gets dizzy while trying to think straight. And the changing bits in town, like the boy disappearing, that girl wondering around... some things were just there for fun.

Chasing father was ok, but not my liking, I am not very fast with the mouse.

Anyway, very well done. Looking forward for part 3 for sure!

Potch

Found a bug...

Spoiler
If you put the knob on the fountain, and the trap door opens, and then you LOOK at the fountain, the door closes, and the knob disappears.  I went back to the Abbey and the knob was back in the drawer.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Ketmaier

The following bugs have been fixed:
1) look fountain after the manhole is open
2) open inventory while the cow is moving

SHE DEVIL

Hi, can someone help me please? I can't bring up the download page for the game,it comes back "error page not found"??? J.

Ashen

Try copy-pasting the link - I think the code for the url was typed wrong but http://leok.altervista.org/ seems to work.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SHE DEVIL

Thank you so much for helping me!! J.

Lava

N.S.N.D
No Screenshot No Download.

Potch

Lava, if you don't download it just because of that, it is your loss, because this is a pretty cool game.  You are seriously missing out.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

passer-by

Quote from: Potch on Thu 30/06/2005 15:11:00
Lava, if you don't download it just because of that, it is your loss, because this is a pretty cool game.Ã,  You are seriously missing out.

As a poor dial up user, I prefer to see a couple of screenshots, play a demo or read many critics before I decide to download anything bigger than 7Mb...

Potch

I can understand that. :-)  I'm so poor, I don't even HAVE internet at home... I download stuff at work... which I probably shouldn't do, but I have this horrible addiction to adventure games!

SHE DEVIL

Hi, can someone please tell me how to save the game? At the beginning of the game, the load, save screen is the with a red block to put in your name but if you hit save it doesn't do anything. Also, how do you save once you're in the game???? By the way, I'm on sloooow dial-up and it's well worth the download !! J.

Potch

To save, hit escape.  Pick a slot.  Type the name and hit enter ( I think).  That should do it.

SHE DEVIL

THANK YOOOOU !!!!     J.

lakerz

Hello, I finished playing through part II and liked it almost as much as part I!  That is only because I liked part I a whole lot.  Some of the puzzles were HARD, but I kinda expected that given the difficulty of part I.  Looking forward to the last 3 parts of this series.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk