Prodigal 0

Started by Trisk, Tue 14/06/2005 22:35:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisk

Hey everyone! I'm pleased to announce the release of Prodigal 0! This is not a demo, but a TANGENTIAL story relating to Prodigal! In addition, those of you who've played this will know more about the story of Prodigal than those who don't!

This is a great way to see what the world of Prodigal has in store for you, without having to spoil any of the game's cool surprises! As such, it is a short game, 5-10 minutes of play...but it'll give you a great example of what the game will be like when it releases later this year!

Head over to
http://prodigal.lilgryphmaster.com/index.htm

And click on Download today!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I've played very little so far, I gotta go to sleep, but I thought I'd mention: the graphics seem to me to be in the same vein as "The Dig", and equally atmospheric - not to say equally as good! I'm also fond of the character's graphics. Gameplay, what little I checked, is also much better than the aforemention LEC game, methinks.

Smooth-looking so far, I'll be able to tell you more when I actually play it - it's past my bedtime as it is.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ieremiou

I'm impressed. I love the environment and the teasers are nice. The video/music are superb. :) I'm excited for this AGS game. I hope it turns out really well.

Spoiler
I kept clicking on things that were labeled until i realized that I can look at the ROOM. How clever. I'm not use to having to interact with the room's environment like that in a while.
[close]

I think the inventory controls are a little annoying but I guess that's preference. Usually when I right-click in an inventory screen in most games it flips through the various icons. In this "tech"/teaser demo it defaults to looking at an object no matter what your icon is. I think that would be a bug.
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

Trisk

Hmm...no, it's not a bug, but if the consenses is that people would rather have it cycle through the icons, I will change that for the main game. Any other opinions?

Peter Thomas

Wheee. I love it. But... I'm probably a little biased, huh?

Anyway, too bad.

See - I AM a productive, helpful person after all.
I am so ready for bed right now....
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Vince Twelve

I really liked it.  Very atmospheric.  Very good sound and music.  Excellent use of the fire plugin and very nice 3D backgrounds.  I wish it revealed more of the story... as it is, I'm not sure it had enough plot to really excite me for the full game, but it did interest me.

Oh, and definitely don't change the inventory interface.  I don't know why anyone would want to "walk to" or "talk to" anything in their inventory.  The default left=use/interact, right=look works nicely and felt very natural.  One suggestion: if I want to use an inventory item and I click it, let me click anywhere off of the inventory GUI to close it.  Don't force me to click on the "OK" button.

I would, however increase the walking speed as it is waaay too slow in some places (the portal). 

Also, I like the character sprite, but I don't think it fits in terribly well with the atmosphere.  If you look at the characters of any really good game, you can always get some bearing on the character's personality based on their sprite.  It seems in your game universe, everyone just says, "Hi, I'm the guy with the tucked in green shirt."  "Hey, I'm the guy with the tucked in blue shirt."  "Don't forget about me, the guy with the tucked in red shirt!"  "Ooh!  And me!  I'm wearing all black... but that shirt sure is tucked in!"  And that's all I can read about their characters from the sprites.

Looking forward to Prodigal proper!

Kweepa

Looks good!
Lots of nice animation.

The 3d backgrounds show promise. They are a bit monotextural, but that's probably to speed up the production process.

Oh, and I love the font.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ubel

Very interesting indeed. And very atmospheric, good musics and videos. I can say I'm going to play the final game. Good luck!

Chicky

Wow! I love it! Really can't wait for this one.

Mozesh

I really liked it, looking forward to this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk