Rapstar 1.5

Started by proximity, Mon 20/06/2005 19:04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

proximity

Rapstar 1.5 is finished. You can download it from AGS Games Page:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=574

Rapstar 1.5 is turn-based rap battle game.That's way i've put it to Non-AGS Games section.Have a good time. i hope you will enjoy it.
Proximity Entertainment

DoorKnobHandle

Ah, this really reminds me of why I listen to rock...

No, seriously, I love how the game is so ironic that it seems to be a critique for Hip Hop or whatever you call that...

Let's not talk about music, but about the game:

First of all it seems to be created in a very quick amount of time ( immense spelling errors, graphics ) and also - although it is atleast a little creative, it simply can not fake the fact that it lacks game design. Saying three words in a different order is not even enough game sense for a flashgame (and I'm not saying flashgames can't be good).

Good is the scripting (although the who-is-winning part seems to be kinda random with the last guy?) and that's about it.

I'm really not trying to offend you or the game and I am not saying anything anymore about the music part of the game, just keep on doing stuff and adding features or just work on a different game and you'll improve your skills.

proximity

Thank you for critisizing the game. But this game is absolutely not critique for HipHop. i love rap music, why would i critisize it?
Proximity Entertainment

DoorKnobHandle

You're welcome, it's always good to know that developers can handle crits, that's important.

proximity

i got lots of negative critics before.i got used to it :) And best games with best graphics and concepts has been critisized many times. Always,there will be negative and positive critics. Developers should handle them with calm
Proximity Entertainment

Haddas

I think we have all learned an important lesson tonight.

Dave Gilbert

An interesting idea, although it gets kind of old pretty fast.  Although a rapping Bill Cosby zombie is very amusing!

Oddly enough, I just held down the "yeah" button during the first round and won easily.  Didn't work on the second round with Melt.

-Dave

Jay

Good scripting and good music, but as [ ... ] said, the "aha" "come on" and "yeah" is an insult to the actual intelligent and thought-provoking rap music that people seem to think doesn't exist.

But beyond that, I think the game should be made more difficult. I had to quit after winning the first round because the concept was so simple.Ã,  :-\ IMO the game would have been better if rather than just pressing a different combination of keys than the other guy, the player had to do a more challenging task. I can't think of what that task could be right now though.

proximity

i accept first round is very easy because AI uses lowest combinations. i tried to prevent player to get bored game for putting bonus section. So player should wonder what is hidden under "bonus" and effort to finish the game.
Scripting took most of my time sorry  :(
Proximity Entertainment

Phemar

It was okay ... But overall, I found it to be rather lacking ...

proximity

i think i couldn't cover this Rapstar idea into the game. i'd bettter turn back to adventure

Hate it or rate it come onÃ,  :P
Proximity Entertainment

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk