Problem with border images in text windows

Started by , Sat 02/07/2005 02:31:26

Previous topic - Next topic

JSE

Hi! I'm new to the forums (not to AGS however ;)).

I have a problem with a customized text window in my current game project: When displaying text messages of certain lengths, the border images are cut or overlap eachother (at the window corners) to exactly surround the text.

Does anyone know a way of preventing this and forcing AGS to display only "whole" border images?

Pumaman

What sort of size are your border images? The corner images and left/right side images should all have the same width, and the corner images and top/bottom images should all have the same height, otherwise you can get graphical glitches.

JSE

Well, my border images meet the conditions you mention â€" the corner images have the same width as the left/right images (63 px) and the same height as the top/bottom images (44 px). Still, the images at the top, bottom, left and right are cut and overlapped by the corner images (except at the top left).

Here's a screenshot from my game to better illustrate my problem:

Pumaman

Ah ok yeah, that will happen.

Are you asking for an option for it to enlarge the window so that the border images fit exactly?

JSE

Yes, I would like the text window to only show "whole" border images and to resize appropriately.

Thamaxt

I acknowledge that this is a really old post but I am having the same problem and this is the only instance I can find of it on the forum. My corner images are 41px by 30px. My side images are 41px by 5px and my top and bottom images are 5px by 30px.

Has this option been implemented and I have just missed it like a fool or should I seriously consider making my dialog boxes simpler?

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk