Bear Story (Updated to v1.3)

Started by IceMan, Sun 03/07/2005 00:21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Cittymom of course, since her/his problem shouldn't be there if her/his archiver's version is new enough.

But of course you can also post which version you are using to compress your game so she/he can check if it's really because she/he's using a too old version.

cittymom

Thanks for suggestions.   My WinZip is an older version and I will update later today and will see if that helps.  Thanks, again.

Potch

*sniff*Ã,  I can't download it.Ã,  It just goes to a blank screen with an X on it.

Edit: Never mind.  I finally got it to work.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

lakerz

I haven't played any of the Dizzy games, but I liked Bear Story a lot!  Fun game with good mix of platform and puzzles. 

IceMan

Thanks - good to know it appeals to those who haven't played Dizzy :)
Try http://www.yolkfolk.com/
It's got just about everything you could possibly want to know about those games (its maybe even a little TOO hardcore  :P, but its a laugh)

help

is it just me cos im stuck in the i have the little bear, sharp stick and icecube and i cant get back in the house except the lounge and that lil room. help please

IceMan

Spoiler

You have to climb the tree and jump across the clouds to get back into the upper portion of the house.
[close]

Rott

I can't open the readme. Might its contents be posted here?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteIceBox Games:
Bear Story v1.3

Introduction

What do you get when you combine the style and gameplay of the Dizzy games of yesteryear with the disturbingly cute?  A short and sweet throwback to the classic egg-related adventures of the early 90s.

Story

Are you sure you want to know?

You play Bear, who runs his own airline: Bear Airways.  Today is the day of the company's annual shareholder's conference, and Bear has a big speech planned.  However, Bully Bear catches him and locks him in his bedroom!  Can you help Bear escape and make it to the conference in time?  Well, can you?

I did warn you.

Controls

Movement: Arrow keys
Pick up objects / Open inventory: Enter
Drop objects: Space
Quicksave: F5
Quickload: F7
Quit: Alt-X

Disclaimer

All music used in this game is taken from the original Dizzy games.  They are not my work, and were composed by Matt Grey and Lyndon Sharp.
This game also uses the AGS Collision plug-in, created by Frederico Jeronimo.
All other game content was created by Chris Burton 2004.
Game engine by Chris Jones, www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

E-mail your comments at iceboxgames[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk *

* I know some people prefer it like this in case spam bots or something pick up their adresses, and not knowing what IceMan wanted I played it safe.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

IceMan

Cheers  :)
I'll see if I can change the file's extension.

desimaui

Iceman your game is adorable. i like it. But I am having trouble solvling it. Can you give me a little tip. I got out of the door from the first room and was able to get two coins, one in the first room and one under the bed, but what next? I can't seem to do anything else. ???
All You Need is Love!

IceMan

Why thank you!  :D

You can jump out the window on the far left (in the room with the coin under the bed).

Ubel

I just finished this game today. It was great fun! Now release the damn DNG2 already. :D

desimaui

Iceman what tree because if its that skinny one byt he steps, I can't do anything with that. I found the key but what do i do with it???
All You Need is Love!

IceMan

The tree to the left of the shed.

I'm afraid the whole game was a collection of family in-jokes: the key you found unlocks the cellar in the far right screen (I "accidentally" got locked in there, and the key "accidentally" got thrown down the garden, you see  ::))

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quote from: desimaui on Sun 03/12/2006 06:35:25
Iceman your game is adorable. i like it. But I am having trouble solvling it. Can you give me a little tip. I got out of the door from the first room and was able to get two coins, one in the first room and one under the bed, but what next? I can't seem to do anything else. ???

Sorry to barge in on the festivities, but surely there must be a better board, called Hints and Tips, to ask these questions, instead of bumping a year-old thread. Yeah, the "I liked it" bit is relevant, but that's hardly the main content of the post.

And now that I have sucessfully broken two very important rules by both acting as a moderator and helping the thread stray off-topic, let me just re-state that I love this game, IceMan, especially since you re-worked the jumping issues. ;D

Kneel. Now.

desimaui

OOps, sorry I thought I was in hints and tips. Iceman Where is the cellar and what about the tree. I can't seem to climb any of them.
All You Need is Love!

IceMan

Cheers Rui!  I remember coding that jumping stuff was a pain in the backside - glad it was appreciated!  ;D

Desimaui: Jump from the side onto the branches that stick out, and use the key in the far-right edge of the room under the stairs.

Phew!  Only 50% off-topic!

desimaui

Okay made it to the top of the tree. (phew this hopping is exhausting and I don't mean for the bear.) I am having trouble getting across on the clouds. Can you give me a clue as to how to do it do he doesn't fall back down to ground. What do I do with ice cube?
All You Need is Love!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh come on now, this is really too much.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=21729.0

I see no one had answered your last question. This is probably one of the few occasions in which it is excuseable to double-post - so as not to let it go from the first page when you REALLY need that hint.

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk