Chez Apa

Started by Halgwet, Mon 04/11/2002 17:27:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Halgwet

L33T-Pete is tired of old nerdy life and has gone on a quest for coolness. And this is where you come in. Guide Pete through wacky adventures the likes of which have never been seen. Solve mind-boggling puzzles, get insulted by strange characters and wince at the bad jokes. In short, play Chez Apa.

http://www.gaspop.com/files/chezapainstaller.exe

Webspace provided by Chrille, who also made the music in the game.

Enjoy!

*sigh*

MillsJROSS

For some reason I couldn't get to it by the direct link, I tried cop and pasting and all that other crap. SO instead I just typed http://www.gaspop.com/files/ and clicked on the file directly, it downloaded from there. He might not have published it to the web yet, I don't know. In any event, I'll tell you how the game is.

-MillsJROSS

Chrille

Oops, I accidently supplied Halgwet with the wrong URL at first, but he seems to have fixed it now.

It was a pleasure making the music for this game. It's a cool game with good puzzles and fun jokes. Download now! :)
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Gonzo

Nice stuff, Halgwet, I love the idea of the game and I've enjoyed playing it to the point I got to.

Spoiler
Especially loved the conversation with the bouncer, lots of nice references fitted in there (even 'The Feeble Files'!), I think I got most of them! I got into Chez Apa, got the nose ring, found the safe, salted the peanuts, not sure what I'm supposed to do next!
[close]

Halgwet

Glad you like it, Gonzo.

Spoiler
How about having a closer look at the desk. You should probably spot something of interesting. And no, I don't mean the pencil sharpener (-:

Also, there's another thing in that room that you're bound to notice if you stick around a while.
[close]
*sigh*

Chrille

Follow up spoiler for Gonzo:

Spoiler
And if you're having problems getting back into the office, maybe there's someone out there that may enjoy a little snack :)
[close]
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Gonzo

Thanks very much guys.

Halgwet, what's your next project? This is great work.

MillsJROSS

Arg...I be stuck

Spoiler
I already have made the cue, sharpened and all, and opened the desk. All I need now is to figure out this damn combination. I listened to the parrot until it started repeating itself, hopeing that it would give me some number of some sorts. Perhaps I'm daft, but I got nothing.
[close]

-MillsJROSS

Halgwet

MillsJROSS:
Spoiler
Those last three things that the parrot said. They sounded like drinks to me. Perhaps you should ask someone about them... I hope I'm not being too obvious (-:
[close]

Gonzo:
I have a project that I will begin work on now that Chez Apa is complete. It's a serious police adventure. I've been working on the story for quite some time now and I'm really looking forward to start working it. Might be a quite a while until it's released though...
*sigh*

Fuzzpilz

Really nice game. The invisible pixel hunt in the first screen annoyed me a bit, but apart from that it was excellent.

MillsJROSS

I thought it was quite a funny game, very Phillesk, in the humor, which is a complement, I assure you. I didn't think the first room really was a pixel hunt, you gave a pretty straighforward hint, and as I am the kind of guy who touches, looks at, and tastes everything, I found it quite easily. You did a great job!

-MillsJROSS

Timosity

Very neat little game, with good puzzles, I especially like the end if you hang around after the credits.

Monkeyman1138

What do you do after putting the chewing gum on  the intercom?

Snake

Cool, game sounds fun...downloading now...

Monkeyman1138:
Spoiler
PLEASE USE THIS SPOILER FEATURE!1!
[close]

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Snake

Sorry for double post, I wanted to bump this up again.

I love this game so far :) I especially love the humor. I laughed out loud when it says, "Try as you might, but you can't stop those two infront of you from cheating." when you try to interact with the dogs playing poker picture. I LOVE the graphics. Are you planning on making this a series?

Everybody, DOWNLOAD THIS GAME!@!!

Hey, I'm stuck...
Spoiler
I'm in the bar and I'm ready to play pool with that guy. All I have for inventory items are the salt shaker and the broom. I've put the matchbox under the pool table and have noticed the bartenders nose ring. Can you just give me a hint to what I do next to get a pool stick?
[close]

--Snake

Halgwet

Wow! You're putting me in the same sentence as US senator, Phil Gramm! Oh, wait... you mean Phil Reed. I guess that's ok too...

Snake, at the moment I'm not planning on making this a series. In fact, I'm pretty damn tired of comedy right now. It's just so hard see what is funny and what is just purile nonsense. That's why I'm making a serious adventure next. But after that, who knows?
Spoiler
Haven't you ever played Full Throttle? (-: I'd suggest that you get touchy feely with the bartender
[close]

Monkeyman1138, who really should start using the spoiler tags:
Spoiler
Since you're asking that question, you should probably just remove the gum. Try to find a way to stop the door from locking when you distract the bouncer
[close]
*sigh*

MillsJROSS

I hear that Halgwet, right after making my first game I felt pooped. And near the end I couldn't tell if I was being funny or not. Which is why my second game of the series, while still humorous, has taken a little more of a serious side, but not too much.

You're game was top notch. A small game, yes, but cleverly done, and some wonderful scripting. I'd give you a cookie if I had one to give. For all those people who haven't played this game, if you liked the LV games, which you should, than this is a must play. Its consistent with being funny, the puzzles are inventive, and the atmosphere was just right. Not to mention Chrille did an excellent job with the music, as always.

Good luck with your future games, I most certainly will be looking forward to play them.

-MillsJROSS

danny*

LOVE the style!!,....(when i finnish it ,i'll tell you my opinion!!
looking good!!!111!!!

Nostradamus

I love the game. Love the Larry Vales style humour.

I'm stuck!

Spoiler
Can't pass the bouncer. I have the broom, twizers and salt.
[close]

Snake

Nost, don't read this until you read Halg's responce (NEXT POST):
Spoiler
If you haven't already, use the tweezers to pull the thorn out of his thumb (when you touch the flower he gets stuck by a thorn) than put the thorn in the door's lock, this will give you access when the gaurd leaves.
[close]

If you already did all that, and you wanted to know how to actually get in there...

Spoiler
Chew the gum and place it over the speaker, this makes the guard go back inside. The thorn in the lock leaves the door unlocked...
[close]

--Snake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk