He's Gone Historical

Started by calacver, Wed 13/07/2005 22:33:59

Previous topic - Next topic

calacver

One of my pet peeves is pressing escape to skip cutscenes. :)

I don't know if you know AGS, but AGS has the skip cutscene function built into the every cutscene. So next time press escape. Everything will be just fine. :)

One of my pet peeves is pressing escape to skip cutscenes. :)

I don't know if you know AGS, but AGS has the skip cutscene function built into the every cutscene. So next time press escape. Everything will be just fine. :)
i agree.     :)

thanks for playing my game and the comments.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI don't know if you know AGS, but AGS has the skip cutscene function built into the every cutscene. So next time press escape. Everything will be just fine

I'm sorry to butt in like this, but that line just lodged in my brain like a fishing hook (you can see by my metaphors that I'm already being cradled in Morpheus' arms. Cool line, too).

Surely you mean to say that you made use of the AGS' built in StartCustscene and EndCutscene functions? Because AGS itself can't even recognize a "cutscene" unless you place it between those two functions.

God, I'm pedantic. And sleepy. These may be related.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

calacver

that what i said. AGS has skip built into every cutscene. Emphasis on the word cutscene, that implies everything between startCutscene() and endCutscene().

You just send pass him a 1 or your skip choice (like escape key)

I use startcutscene(1)

maybe i wasn't so clear, sorry.

JG0630

Such a fun game!!  I think it was great and hope to see more from you soon!!

qptain Nemo

Calacver, i've just began to play and I'm already enjoying it. It's very nice, my congrats to you too. :)
p.s. was you inspired by 'Igor: objective uikakohonia' making it?.. :)

calacver

Thanks, captain nemo.

i never played igor before nor heard of it. But i'll go check it out. Is it an AGS game?

qptain Nemo

No. It's an adventure game by Pendulo studios. It's about young student Igor who loves a girl called Laura.

Tom S. Fox

Wasn't the name of the company "Optik Soft", that time?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Very nice (only now I got around to playing it). I'm really enjoying it. Only finished part 1 so far, but I quite love it. It's great to see a game that doesn't slack on the details, too. Colorfull characters, nice puzzles (I really liked the "notice" puzzle in part 1. Made me feel tingly and devious). Only one question. Is there any music in the game? I mean, when games don't have music I play my own background music while I play them, and I see a music.vox file, but I don't hear a single thing. Rather annoying.

Kneel. Now.

calacver

thanks rui.

no, i don't have music in my game, except for a song at the ending. A funny song. If you have watched the anime series azumango daioh you'll recognise it.

so go winamp all the way :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

FInished. Ok, first my two peeves:

- I found that the following were more of pixel-hunting than anything else, and I really dislike pixel-hunting:

Spoiler
The treasury, because there is no indication that there's a room there; the loose plank, because it's just like the others; the "Edge", because it just looks like scenery.
[close]

- You left debug mode on. ::) Also, is it on purpose that after we finish the game doesn't "quit" immediatly?

As for the rest, my opinion remains the same - attention to detail, colourfull characters, logical and interesting puzzles and an overall good story make it a good game indeed.

Kneel. Now.

calacver

thanks for completing it.

QuoteI found that the following were more of pixel-hunting than anything else, and I really dislike pixel-hunting:

yeah, o know, next time i'll definitely not be so untidy in this context. You forgot about the pearl :)

i forgot the quit :) sorry.

thanks.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh. That's because I didn't find it to be pixel-hunting in the sense that I meant - I saw it clearly, and recognized it for an object, it just took a while to select it. That's the main difference between those I said and the pearl.

Kneel. Now.

calacver

thanks for playing and comments.

lakerz

I just finished playing and really enjoyed the time.  You show a good attention to detail.  Graphics did have a nice old skool edge to them so your time spent on them was well worth it.  Plot was funny, and the puzzles kept me scratching my head. 

My only complaint is what others have said, that some items are a bit of a pixel hunt.

By the way,
Spoiler
is there a good ending or is the only ending that he fails the compiler program because it has the line at the end?
[close]

calacver

thanks lakerz

answer to your question: Unfortunately it's the only one.
I did go for the old skool look. So thanks.

thanks for playing and commenting

Mordalles

i loved this game. definitely the best humour ive seen in an AGS game.
and the Erik character is brilliant. hahaha.

thx!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

calacver

thanks, mordalles. That's so nice of you to say.

thanks for helping me on the otaku rivals game. Your backgrounds rule.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk