Woodlands - Updated (2008-01-23)

Started by fovmester, Sat 16/07/2005 09:14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

fovmester

Damn, Chicky! I told you not to start showing off the backgrounds I've ripped from other games!

;)

Good job, though. Tom fits in really well.

fovmester

I know it has been ages...

So what have you been up to all this time??

Since the last update, I have been busy with finishing "day 3" of the game. I have made like three or four new backgrounds, tons of animation, a whole new puzzle sequence (complete with all graphics and animation), three dialogs, rewritten several dialogs and also made a lot of bug testing. The thing which has taken most time has been to put dialogs together so that Tom is not aware of things he should not yet know, and also to make him stop asking questions which are outdated (because you have already finished those puzzles). It gets complicated since you will be able to meet the same characters during several days, in which the current event change drastically. But in the end it is all coming together nicely. And it will be good I am sure!

And what is happening right now?

Right now I am doing the last two new characters for day three and will also script the final puzzle for this day (not much animation left to do for this one). After that day 3 is nominally finished and I will continue with the final day, which is shorter than the rest and mostly consists of the end puzzle.

So when do you expect to finish the game!?!?!?!?

Beats me! No, but seriously: I have got a (more than) full time job as well as a relationship to take care of. I work about 2-4 hours a week on Woodlands, and some weeks even less. Therefore it is difficult to put a definite release date. It will however BE released. And I long for that day. I want to play it too, you know...
Best guess: End of this year.

Iv4n

Being on a full-time job and  with relationship should take almost all of your free time and it's even hardly to imagine you'll have time continuing on this game. But still, good to know you're up to it and hopefully it will be released this year.

pslim

Love is an illusion! Only games matter!

I must have this game.  :(

fovmester

If it is an illusion then it is a nice one. ;)

And the game will be yours in due time.

I am done with day 1-3 now, and will be starting on day 4 (which is mostly the end scene) this week. The game is right now about 50 rooms big, and I have 96 views of animation. So I have come a long way now. (~85-90 % I would say). Then of course there is the bug testing  :-\

fovmester

Wow! I am still alive!!  :D

It was ages ago that I updated the progress of Woodlands. Don't think I haven't been working on it, though. I have finished off day 3, bug tested the first 3 days, and added stuff that wasn't in there; like interactions, music, sound effects, extra animations, dialogs... I still have to finish the cut-sequence between day 2 and 3, otherwise the first three days are done. Now I am painting the backgrounds for day 4. I have them all (7) sketched on paper, and three are coloured and finished. They are very nice looking, I must say. I would show them, but I promised I wouldn't show any more screens. Don't want to spoil the ending for you!

Just wanted to let you know I am still on the project!

Story: 100 %
Graphics: 85 %
   1. Backgrounds: 4 left
   2. Cut-scenes: 1½ left
Sound and Music: 75 %
Animation: 90 %

We're getting there...

i k a r i

Yay! Amazing news  ;D

Thank you for the update. This will be one of the best AGS games ever  :D.

I was one of those who said you shouldnt post more screenshots, but now Im dying to see something new, at least a little sketch?  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Nikolas

nonono!

No more screens please! We will die of anticipation...  :=

Good to see this thread back on top!

Ubel

Quote from: fovmester on Thu 01/11/2007 20:01:22
I would show them, but I promised I wouldn't show any more screens. Don't want to spoil the ending for you!

Yes, thank you. Keep that promise. :)

Great to hear about this game. I was getting a bit worried here already!

fovmester

I'll try to keep the promise. :)

You don't have to worry, though. I will work on the game until it is finished. It may take a while, but finished it will be. I prefer it to be high-quality throughout than feel like I rushed to release it. I am using most of my free hours for it, so it IS progressing...

See ya

fovmester

Long time since last update, I know.

Just want to let people know the project is still ongoing! Currently I am working hard on the last part of the game, which involves a lot of complicated scripting and animations. It is fun, but takes time to get right. The next two weeks my girl is going on vacation, meaning that I'll be a bachelor during this time and have lots of time at night to work on Woodlands! Hopefully I can get lots of things done during these weeks. Of course I still have my full time job to take care of. But the evenings are free! Looking forward to it!

I will write again soon and give you a fuller update of what I am doing and what's left to do!

Fleshstalker

Sorry to bump such an old post, but is fovmester still working on it. Been such a long time.  :(

Darth Mandarb

Dear god ...

Don't apologize. Just don't do this again.  Send a PM (just as the rules say) to the author.

Fovmester - if you're still out there and working on this and want to post an update let me know and I'll unlock it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk