Jessica Plunkenstein and the Dusseldorf Conspiracy

Started by greg, Mon 25/07/2005 10:08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Jessica Plunkenstein and the Dusseldorf Conspiracy

"The game's laugh-out-loud dialogue and clever puzzles make Düsseldorf the best adventure game I've played this year." â€" Charles Herod, The New York Times

Overview

It's been a peculiar day for Jessica Plunkenstein.  By a freak twist of fate and/or airline security, our hero finds herself up against evil barons bent on world domination, evil headmistresses bent on pathological propriety, and evil yodelers bent on nothing in particular.  Full of llamas, ninjas, French people, pickled herring, dubious German accents, yetis in heat, and musical theatre up the wazoo, Jessica's adventures bring her from the Amazonian Rain Forests to the Norwegian Alps with layovers along the Eastern seaboard.  So tag along, and you, too, can unravel The Düsseldorf Conspiracy.

Features:

• An irreverent storyline with absolutely no mammoths or talking robots.
  • Eight hours of gameplay, divided over four parts and fifty unique locations.
  • Full score and over 2,500 lines of recorded dialog.
  • Llamas.

Download Information:

• Downloads, updates, and the latest on all things Plunkenstein is available at greGAMES.net

IceMan

This looks great - really want to play it!

Just, erm, taking a while to d'load... ::)

What a loser.

Looks at download ''13%'', Oh boy!

Looks to be a fab game, I'll be sure to post my complete thoughs when played.  ;)

IceMan

Whee - finally got it!
Absolutely CHARMING game! I love the humour and the throwaway jokes just come one after another after another.  Haven't gotten too far yet but it's looking great so far (love the Institute For Unwifely Ladies) ;D

Check this out, guys - it's well safe!

What a loser.

Wow, this game is so funy, just full of original gags. Love it.

Spoiler
(Im waiting in a box, how long to I wait? lol)
[close]

Largo LeGrande

How do you post spoilers, cause i'm stuck at the part with the llama and his eyes. hint hint

Joyce

To post spoilers
[*hide] your text [*/hide] without the *
I haven't started playing this game yet but I suggest you start a thread on Hints & Tips forum and not ask for hints in the completed games. I'm sure when most of us start playing thats the forum we will use

Largo LeGrande

Spoiler
to get further you need to paint an X on the box with the red paint.

But how do I make the llama's eyes red?
I have Red Dye, Cup filled with water, Llama fur, shaving foam, cutters.
All I need to do is make his eyes red. I've tried the dye and putting it in stuff but it just doesn't work! HELP!
[close]

Tom S. Fox

An adventure game taking place in germany?
COOL! Ã, ;D
I have to play this!

Joyce

Largo

If you are still stuck at the red eyes part, check hints & tips, we figured it out :)

Potch

I can't get through the introduction.   An error keeps popping up, and kicks me out.  I've tried it 3 times.  This is what it says:

An error has occured.  Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.61.747)

(room 48 script line 73)
Error: Set characterspeed: cannot change speed while walking.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Joyce

Potch

Wonder what is going wrong for you, I didn't have any problems except that it took about 20 minutes to download. Have you tried deleting it and downloading it again. Its a great game so I hope you get it to work.

Candle

greg

Quote from: Potch on Mon 25/07/2005 23:06:03
I can't get through the introduction.   An error keeps popping up, and kicks me out.  I've tried it 3 times.  This is what it says:

An error has occured.  Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.61.747)

(room 48 script line 73)
Error: Set characterspeed: cannot change speed while walking.

Sorry about the crashing, Potch.  (During my pre-release testing, I never experienced that behavior.)  I've added a call to StopMoving(), though, and updated the files on the server, so the script should behave better on your machine.  Let me know if it still proves problematic.  Thanks!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Greg, since your game is huge, kindly consider leaving the main files unaltered and using Clickteam's Patch Maker to make patches. I REALLY don't want to re-download it all if I get problems.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dambuilder

I was reluctant to download this one at first (with download limits and all thatÃ,  ::)). But I'm sure glad I did. Till now, it's been worth every MB.
The graphics didn't make much of an impression to me at first, but it took very little time for me to get used to them. (And BTW that scene with that waiter and his guest was great!Ã,  ;D)
Overall the humour is great, with all of those weird characters and Jessica's zany comments. Also, the voice-acting is very well done, IMO.

Congratulations from me, cool game!Ã,   :)
(Now, I've gotta mess up Norway some more!  ;)
Everybody else is having one, so why not me?

Joyce

Greg

Not sure if this is a bug or not but
Spoiler
I adjusted the scale, guy weighed himself and I got the powder, I went back and tried to adjust it again and game froze. I tried twice and it happened both times, so I hope we only need to adjust the scale once
[close]

Rosie

Greg:

Thank you so much for such a great game.  We have been dying for something to play for soo long and you came up with a real good one. I'm sure like myself, we all have been checking the completed games over and over again looking for something worthwhile and you gave it to us.   I am in Act. 2 now. This game is so addicting and well done.  Wonderful how you have talk feature along with such good graphics and storyline with jokes.
You truly are amazing.   BRAVO

Fisher

Greg,

THANK YOU for this fun game! Great work!

I'm in Act II

I'm not certain if this is a bug or not, however
Spoiler
I can't seem to get back into the shop where the lady can make the yetti sound. I've been in the shop once. I can open and close the door; however, when I hit 'walk' mode I automatically go back into the furrier store...
[close]

marlamoe

Bug?

Spoiler
I was able to get the llama past the llama eating plant without feeding him the home-made llama. Ã, I had made the llama and added the fur. Ã, I went to feed it to the plant and it said he did't want it. Ã, Meanwhile my llama had followed me to the center of the plant and then continued to walk right past it. Ã, 
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk