August MAGS

Started by Klaus, Sun 31/07/2005 22:10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Three download links and clicking on neither works. Great.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Fine Artist

Links for Goontang Chackalaka are corrected.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Rui
Enjoy!

bluber

lol. Funny. Very short but funny.

Fine Artist

Hey thanks, Bluber.
It was a lot of fun working with your topic.

Ubel

I'm just about to finish my entry for this compo, but I just need a little more time for finishing touches. Could you extend the deadline a little? For a day maybe? I would really appreciate it.

Klaus

Quote from: Pablo on Wed 24/08/2005 13:42:55
Could you extend the deadline a little? For a day maybe? I would really appreciate it.
Okay - let's go for this: You (and all others that still want to submit an entry) have 36 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting), then the voting will begin.

Ubel

I will send my game after a couple of days. I got so much other things to do today because my mother comes back from Bulgaria tomorrow, so I need to do lots of housework. And I don't want to release the game as buggy as it is right now, I need to do some fixing to it first.

Damn, this was the third MAGS I've tried and always failed to finish the game in time.

Anyway, here are a couple of screenies from the game so you know what to wait for. ;)

Sorry again for asking for extending the deadline without even finishing the game myself. But I will send it here soon.

EDIT - Or actually just ignore the crap above. I managed to get the time to finish the game anyway :P Here it is:

Buna Wants Beer[/url]

Okay the storyline is something like this: Buna has just woke up and he wants beer. You must help him find beer.

The game isn't as good as I wanted it to be but at least I got it ready! ;D There may be some bugs in it and I'd appreciate to get informed about them via PM. Enjoy!

Wretched

Klaus,
I'm cutting this a bit fine but should have my entry uploaded with a few mins to spare..... 28K modem yawn.

Wretched

Ok, here is my entry....

MAGSIC

It's a bit on the strange side, but I guess you're all used to that by now.

Screenies....

Download Magsic (9Mb)

Hope somebody can work out what to do and put me in touch with a good psychologist.

I'll do some tidying up then post in completed games over the weekend.

Bugs much appriciated.

Klaus

Okay, I think we're complete now. Wow - finally yet another competition with a lot of entries. All looking very nice, so it will be difficult to figure out a favourite one. Who's going to be the winner this time?

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here (only use one of these two ways of voting - nothing else allowed):

Magsic by Wretched
Goontang Chackalaka by Fine Artist
Dog Escape by ilSilente
Buna Wants Beer by Pablo
An Aliens Work is Never Done by Henryhouse

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Tuomas

ilsilente or Henryhouse...? Sorry ilsilente, your game was excellent but... I couldn't get the dog to do anything without jamming the game.
So my vote goes to Henryhouse. Nice game! frustrating, real pain in the ass, and s...l...o...w... too, just the way I like it. Clever enough, I think you should win. And Congrats for the baby too  :)

Potch

I can't download the Alien one.Ã,  :(

The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Klaus

Quote from: Potch on Fri 26/08/2005 17:56:54
I can't download the Alien one.  :(
Oh yes - the site says "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer".

So as I downloaded the game some time ago I can put it on my server for the time of voting. You can get the file here until the end of the month: An Alien's Work Is Never Done

Potch

The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Henryhouse

Hey, thanks Tuomas.Ã,  I am finally home from the Hospital.Ã,  My son was born on August 23 at 1:32 AM, weighing 7 lbs 5 oz.Ã,  My wife and son had a fever and then my son was having some stomach trouble, so we had to stay in the Hospital until Thursday.Ã,  I am just now finding time to check in with the contest.Ã,  Sorry about the download site yesterday, but I put a bunch of pictures of my son up on the site and everyone in our family, we have a big family, decided to view them at once.Ã,  Its a free site so the bandwidth is low anyhow.Ã,  I will try to find a better place to upload my games next time.

Klaus

The time for voting is over. After many MAGS contests now we finally faced a real competition again with a lot of great entries... In the end there is only one winner. It's not always like that but this time there's a big distance in the number of votes to the other games.
The winner is not new to MAGS and some months ago he already shared the position of a winner with another participant:

Winner of MAGS 2005-08/Textless is
Wretched and his game Magsic

Congratulations. (Wretched please check your PM).

Henryhouse

Do we get to find out the number of votes for each game?  This was my first attempt at a AGS game.  It would be nice to see how people thought it compared against the other games in this competition. 

Ubel

That was expected! Two bags of congratulation, Wretched! :D

Klaus

Quote from: Henryhouse on Wed 31/08/2005 03:01:26
Do we get to find out the number of votes for each game?
I first wanted to write a long text here now concerning the history of the MAGS online voting system... But to make it short: As requested you can have a look at the results including the number of votes until the new rules are posted in the voting section of the MAGS website.

bluber

16 votes is a shame for the ags community.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk