One (a non-adventure game)

Started by abibliophobe, Thu 04/08/2005 18:23:38

Previous topic - Next topic

abibliophobe

One is a very, very short non-adventure game I made with AGS in a couple of hours. I tried to make it look as professional as I could - kind of to emphasise the fact that it had no storyline (being non-adventure) or really anything else except graphics... though I guess a lot of games are like that :P.

I'm not going to give a screenshot because there is only one room in the game, which can be downloaded from:

http://www.increator.pri.ee/ags/one.zip

I'm going to warn you: you'll probably be like "What?! Was that it?!"
Okay, really I just said that because now you're not expecting anything amazing and hopefully won't be disappointed. Please, remember the emphasis on short! It will probably take you less than a minute (unless you really like the music - I had it running for about five minutes earlier). Once you have played through once, it's probably worth trying to do things differently if you know what I mean... there are no Easter eggs, but it will only take a few seconds and you'll be greatly satisfied that you've finished the game fully.Ã,  ;D

Maybe.

Hope you like it, anyway.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ok, so you warned me. ANd ok, it's a good parody. Sort of. Not my cup of tea, but as far as parodies go, it's not that bad. But, don't take me wrong now, 2 and some MBs, 32 bit, 640x480 for that?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

abibliophobe

Hehe, I know exactly what you mean.Ã,  ;D

I was thinking about it earlier and tried changing the palette, but it didn't change the file size anyway (totally against what I was expecting). And the top GUI turned grey at the end of the game for some reason.

Everyone else take note of that comment! And remember, you were warned.

Lol. If you have any ideas on how to make it smaller in filesize without redoing all of the graphics let me know!

Phemar

Very ... Weird ...

Quote from: Zirconius on Thu 04/08/2005 18:23:38Once you have played through once, it's probably worth trying to do things differently if you know what I mean... there are no Easter eggs, but it will only take a few seconds and you'll be greatly satisfied that you've finished the game fully.  ;D

What do you mean? I tried doing everything ... alas to no avail.

abibliophobe

Hmm, I probably shouldn't have said anything, because now you're probably expecting something that isn't there. I meant (mainly) the message you get if you try to roll the die again or move your piece without rolling. Nothing special, but basically all of the humour in the game (very little, I assure you) is in those two messages.  :P

stu

sorry, but this is pointless.

how the hell did you manged to make the game file over 50mb!?

abibliophobe

Corey

It's very well made but it's very pointless too...
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk