Alone in the Night + The Search

Started by AJA, Fri 05/08/2005 17:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

AJA

Just to let you guys know, Alone in the Night and The Search ("demo") are now available for download.

Alone in the Night: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=595 (5.1 Mb)
The Search: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=116 (2.2 Mb)

And remember, The Search will never be finished, so try it out if you're interested in what that game could have been like. :P

Have fun or be bored!

Fisher

I MUST say....

Alone in the Night is absolutely wonderful. You've done a fantastic job with this.

I'm already stuck! LOL! (But I will try to figure this out on my own....)

I really LOVE this....

Great job.

lakerz

I agree with Fisher, Alone In The Night is short but sweet game!

Fisher and anyone else who gets stuck, the readme contains a hint about something which could be troublesome otherwise.

About The Search:

Spoiler
Is there a way to get past the banker lady or have a conversation with her?  As it stands I have the metal cup, two coins, wallet, rock, knife in my inventory and I did cut the wire connecting her monitor/keyboard/mouse.  However the game seems to hold up there so I'm assuming it's the end of the demo?  Why are you not interested in continuing to develop this game?
[close]

AJA

Quote from: lakerz on Sat 06/08/2005 01:46:23
However the game seems to hold up there so I'm assuming it's the end of the demo?

You have done everything you can outside the bank and you can continue with some help from the readme: "When you've done everything you can outside the bank and in the lobby, stand in the middle of the bank lobby and press ctrl+x, type 7 and press ok to continue."

Quote from: lakerz on Sat 06/08/2005 01:46:23
Why are you not interested in continuing to develop this game?

It's been such a long time since I've worked on this game and the source also didn't compile that well with the newer versions of AGS. And also it was too much work and there were some pretty illogical puzzles...
Spoiler
Throw a rock at a blind man... how stupid is that?
[close]
But most importantly, I'm lazy. :P

Gilbert

Is AITN the same version as in the 1r1w pack? If yes, I won't download it again, if no, I'll download the new version. :D

Ubel

Alone in the Night is one brilliant game. Great job with that. Also it's a shame The Search has been cancelled, that game looked really promising. Maybe you'll remake it someday? :P

linuxAJA

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Sun 07/08/2005 06:06:10
Is AITN the same version as in the 1r1w pack? If yes, I won't download it again, if no, I'll download the new version. :D

Yes, it's the same version. I don't think there would be much to improve (apart from rewriting it completely :P)

Lakerz & Fisher & Pablo: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. And perhaps there will be a completely rewritten The Search if I have enough time. ;)

Ishmael

Quote from: linuxAJA on Sun 07/08/2005 23:30:24
Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Sun 07/08/2005 06:06:10

Yes, it's the same version. I don't think there would be much to improve (apart from rewriting it completely :P)

Not EXACTLY the same, I assume, as the readme ought to have changed a bit :P

And I'll script The Search, or parts of it, if needed ¬_¬ I've been waiting for the full version for ages already.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

lakerz

Quote from: AJA on Sat 06/08/2005 11:50:50
It's been such a long time since I've worked on this game and the source also didn't compile that well with the newer versions of AGS. And also it was too much work and there were some pretty illogical puzzles...
Spoiler
Throw a rock at a blind man... how stupid is that?
[close]
But most importantly, I'm lazy. :P

Hehe, that was the first thing I tried with the old man!  Don't know what that says about me.  :P  Forgot about the readme file, that's usually the first thing I check too. 

linuxAJA

And I'll script The Search, or parts of it, if needed ¬_¬ I've been waiting for the full version for ages already.

Thanks for the offer, but I would've needed more help with graphics :P

Rosie

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

You might find it in the Hints and Tips forum. If not, at least you'll find someone who'll help you.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Potch

I think I may have found a bug in the search.  After I did the ctrl x 7 thing, I went into the other room like I was supposed to, but when I walked back to the lobby, the guy got stuck in one place, and now I can't walk anywhere.  Even if I do the ctrl x 7 thing and go back to the video screen, the guy is stuck and won't move.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

AJA

Quote from: Potch on Tue 16/08/2005 21:49:54After I did the ctrl x 7 thing, I went into the other room like I was supposed to, but when I walked back to the lobby, the guy got stuck in one place, and now I can't walk anywhere.  Even if I do the ctrl x 7 thing and go back to the video screen, the guy is stuck and won't move.

Uh, well, don't try to walk back to the lobby, then :D
Sorry, but that's the best I can do. :-\ No, wait, it isn't... I'll add a note to the readme ;)

Thanks for the report!

PyroMonkey

Sounds pretty kewl, I'll give it a download.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk