Emily Enough: Imprisoned (Version 1.2 w/ Bug Fixes)

Started by Anarcho, Wed 17/08/2005 18:37:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishmael

I've only got the opportunity to play a little of the beginning of this, but I love it already. Your humour is great, IMO :) I really have nothing to complain about right now... Make more games! ._.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

aussie_unplugged

I don't know if it is a continuous bug or a one off thing, but I walked by the watercooler and the game froze. I have the savegame file if it helps...

It's ok, that happened to me a couple of times too. Emily gets stuck because I think there's a walkable area that is not working properly.
All you have to do is click to open one of the doors, and Emily will open it from there and get into whatever room, thus unblocking the game.

calacver

Man, from the moment I started playing this it reeked of professionalism!!

Excellent game. I can see why you worked over a year period. Tremendous amount of work has been put in this game. Really very good. I like you plot, the characters are creative and original. You really pulled of those backgrounds with the plain colour-thing. You really feel as though you're in some old asylym (spelling grrr).

Congrats on excellent game. I want to second that other dude (don't know his name, too lazy too search previous pages) But this is possibly one of the best AGS games ever. Really good.

Gregjazz

It's also great to see a long-awaited adventure game from "Games In Production" be released!!

Anarcho

That Guy

Anarcho,

I'm in the middle of playing Emily Enough and I think it's great.  ;D Some of her quips are just priceless  - like "what, do you think I pick up everything in the vain hope of using it later?"... sums up the entire adventure genre in one snarky aside.

Quick question... how'd you do the multiple lines of text fading in and out during the intro?  Looks great...

Anarcho

I just made about ten frames of each line of text, then manually saved each at difference transparencies against a black background.  Then I loaded the frames into the sprite manager and set views for each one.  Then made rooms for each screen, and set the text lines as objects.  Sort of a paint---I wish there was a fade-out option for objects, but I'm pretty sure there isn't (but now that i think of it, I've never checked).

I'm glad you like it  :=

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

There is. :) Well, sorta. "object[whatever].Transparency" will allow you to make quite nifty fade-in and fade-out effects. Just, you know, fyi.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ishmael

Or import the font into AGS, use overlays to display the text and a 320x240 black GUI that transparencies in and out ;)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Anarcho

It was one of those many instances when I thought to do the most complicated thing rather than just take the simple route and look in the manual.  ::)

ovid

absolutely brilliant game!  i was looking forward to this one and i was not disappointed.

great graphics.  simple and perfectly stylized.
hilarious black humor.  there's something to be said for calm, murderous children with extensive vocabularies, and i am a big sucker for a good macabre joke.
the story played out very fluidly too, there was no point where i thought to myself "what am i trying to do again?"

i see this game earning awards and landing in the ags history books.

awesome.

---

tea.

Anarcho

Can you tell I was watching a lot of Family Guy when I wrote the dialogue?

Martina

Hello,

it's such a great game so far, and I really like it, but each time I want to give the money bag or the drugs to the nude man, the game crashes:-(((

Does this happen to anyone else?

Anarcho

You're talking about Erwin, the lawyer?  That's strange.  I've checked that code several times, and it always seemed to be working fine.

If anyone else has experienced this, PM me.

Martina

Quote from: Anarcho on Mon 22/08/2005 18:19:25
You're talking about Erwin, the lawyer?Ã,  That's strange.Ã,  I've checked that code several times, and it always seemed to be working fine.

If anyone else has experienced this, PM me.

Yes, it's Erwin,

I cannot forward any more, because each time I want to give him either the money bag or the drugs the game
crashes.
Perhaps I have not downloaded the latest version of this game?

I will keep on trying because I really love it!!!!!!!!

mätzyboy

The game crashed for me once at that spot. From the error message i reconed it was because him telling me to get out of the way of the TV's view, and the other speech coincided. By walking there, have hi say his move stuff, and then talk to him I could do it.

Also I one got stuck by the water dispenser, just by walking to a spot close by it. I got free by interacting with the door to the ladies room, which transfered me in there, and then everything was fine.

Should have reported this earlier, but I forgot.

Lovely game! Nothing much to crit. I just enjoyed it! Some annoying, can't do one thing before the other puzzles, like the window, but apart from that. Excellent!

Martina

Thanks for the hint, but that's not the reason for me.
It happens even if I am standing next to the couch and I am not in the TV sight..and Erwin does not talk to me.

I will try to download the game again and play from the beginning.

I really would like to finish it, it's GREAT!

Anarcho

I haven' released a different version since the first mishap, but I didn't change anything with Erwin.

Martina:

Spoiler
Where exactly are you in the game?  Have you already gotten the lawsuit "quest"...i.e. do you have reason to give Erwin those items?  It will make it easier to fix it if you can provide me with more information.  You can answer using the spoiler tags: [*hide*][*/hide]...minus the *.
[close]

Martina

Quote from: Anarcho on Mon 22/08/2005 19:47:20
I haven' released a different version since the first mishap, but I didn't change anything with Erwin.

Martina:

Spoiler
Where exactly are you in the game?Ã,  Have you already gotten the lawsuit "quest"...i.e. do you have reason to give Erwin those items?Ã,  It will make it easier to fix it if you can provide me with more information.Ã,  You can answer using the spoiler tags: [*hide*][*/hide]...minus the *.
[close]

Yes, I have made it without any help (being very proud :-)) have talked to Erwin and all the others and I had a "very good reason" to provide him with these items. Wanted to give him the items he asked for.
but as I already said, it doesn't work for me.

Have just replaced the Download file with a new one, perhaps the download didn't work properly, I will try from the very start.

Martina

Anyway, thanks for your help!

And just to point it out once more;

Great game and I really enjoyed it so far.

AGS AWARDS TO BE YOURS!!!

All the other people here do not seem to have this small problem that I have but I trust I will succeed:-))

KEEP ON DOING THE GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk