Magsic

Started by Wretched, Fri 26/08/2005 04:14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Wretched

MAGSIC

Help Quaver solve numerous puzzles as he travels through van Gogh's discarded ear into a surreal world where music is the only language and the key to finding true love.

Download Magsic (9Mb)

This is my MAGS entry where the rule was to have no dialog or speech. Instead the game uses music and revolves around Quaver collecting different musical themes and finding obscure ways to 'record' them.

Erenan

I really like it, and I voted for it. It's a very interesting game, and very challenging.

I got four themes (stretchy guy, tree, kettle drum, and nest) and then couldn't figure out what to do next. Ack! I'll probably go back to try again, but I might end up asking you for a hint before too long.
The Bunker

abibliophobe

Very nice! (I couldn't even work out the nest one! I'll go back and try again now...) Really good game, weird in a good way! Not having dialogue just makes it even better!

EDIT: Just worked it out, but:
Spoiler
I used the whole right side of the slide of birds, then the trumpets when you cross the wire wrongly, then the stretchy guy, so I don't know if I did it the "right" way.
[close]

bluber

Very nice game. Everyone should check the August MAGS thread
for more nice games . Don't forget to vote here.

Erenan

Zirconius, that's how I did it too. I wasn't sure if that was the right way either.
The Bunker

Wretched

Zirconius,
No that's not the right way, might cause problems later, I've fixed this but prob best if you try and do it 'right'.

abibliophobe

Oh, okay then, I'll start again and try to figure out a right way. Thanks!  ;D

Potch

Can somebody explain to me what you're supposed to do?  I don't really understand the controls.  I'm having not just a blond moment, but an entire blond day.  :)
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

abibliophobe

Well I'm stuck now. (Same point I was at earlier before I did the wrong thing.)

Potch - admittedly I can't really remember, but does the readme file explain things for you? (I suppose you probably already checked there, but just in case.)

Potch

I had read the readme already, but it didn't help much.  All it said was to right-click to scroll through the actions, but I don't understand the icons or what I'm supposed to be doing.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

abibliophobe

Ah, I think I understand you now. You'll find that there are music sheets around and you have to replicate the notes (by hearing various sounds around the place) to complete each sheet. Once they are all completed, something will happen I guess - I haven't got that far yet.

The normal looking musical note cursor is walk, the one with lips is talk to, and the pointy/sideways/triangular one is interact with.

Hope that helps.Ã,  ;D

Fisher

Wow, this game really DOES make you think. I really like it so far.

Has anyone
Spoiler
Gone down to the man in the cave and the big music sheet? If so, I moved all the notes to the top and realized that it doesn't do anything. I can't move the notes back down. I've left the cave and re-entered but it stays on the last move.
[close]

I'm going crazy (already) lol

hilohorze

OH NO im stuck in the drippy cave......help

magintz

This game sounds interesting, I may have to give it a go. Downloading now.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

PyroMonkey

Looks pretty eccentric, and in a game that's almost always a good thing.

I may download it later.

mathew

stuck in the drippy cave...have 5 themes completed...nest...flower...tree...drum...and stretchie man.....I'm surrounded by bugs

sunshinegold

Great game, somewhat different but very challenging.

You are blowing my mind.

One question, at the beginning, when I get out of the rocket, am I supposed to get the pig out also.  I didn't and now when I go back, the pig is not there.

Also, is there an order to do things, or can we just go at random.

sunshinegold

Well I have finally finished this fun but traumatizing game.

It was very different but hard and confusing, specially at the end.

One thing that I did not like is that I could not 'save' anymore after the 9 or 10 'saved spaces' or 'replace' an old saved game by a new one.

Also at the end of the game, on the credit page, I could not get out unless I did a 'reset' on my computer.  'Escape' or 'control q' did not work.  Maybe it was my computer, I don't know.

Love your game and now I will try magsic II. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk