AGS game uploads

Started by AGA, Sat 27/08/2005 21:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Drummer

Oops. The filename is INDY.ZIP just so you know.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Mugs

I tried uploading the file many times, with different file names, and I get this "page cannot be found" message.
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

scotch

Hotspot has taken the http upload facility down for maintainance, it should be back up and working some time soon.Ã,  Larger uploads over http are often troublesome though, so I've written a script to handle uploads via FTP, here are the details for you to put in your FTP client:

Server:Ã,  Ã, americangirlscouts.org
Port:Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 2121
username: Your forum username
password: Your forum password

This will allow you to upload, list and delete your own files, and they'll be available at http://americangirlscouts.org/agsuploads/YourUsername
Your forum password is not stored in any way.

Limits:
You can upload mp3, ogg, mid, png, gif, jpg, exe, rar and zip files, up to 100mb.Ã,  You should NOT use this as a general uploading service, it is mainly intended as a place where we can maintain stable links to games, but screenshots, stuff for critics lounge, and so on, are also ok. If you have problems with it PM me or post here with them, it's not been heavily tested yet (although it appears to work).

Peder 🚀

I diddent get this to work..
(I dont needs to upload anything right now, I just wanted to see if It worked to connect.....

scotch

It's working perfectly well for everyone else, does your FTP client give an error message?

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Tue 07/03/2006 13:07:45
It's working perfectly well for everyone else, does your FTP client give an error message?

it starts connecting, and tryes to log in with my username, but when it goes to the password part it wont work.

"530 Sorry, Authentication failed."

scotch

Interesting, are you trying to log in as Peder Johnsen or Reven? It should be your forum login details rather than current forum name, if that isn't clear.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Tue 07/03/2006 13:13:20
Interesting, are you trying to log in as Peder Johnsen or Reven? It should be your forum login details rather than current forum name, if that isn't clear.

Iam using "Reven"

scotch

The only other thing I can think of is you haven't set the port right, note that AGS Uploads runs on port 2121, and not the default ftp port 21, which is what the owners use to upload to the server in general.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Tue 07/03/2006 13:26:19
The only other thing I can think of is you haven't set the port right, note that AGS Uploads runs on port 2121, and not the default ftp port 21, which is what the owners use to upload to the server in general.

the port is put on 2121 aswell...

scotch

Uh, well... is there anything unusual about your password? I'm at a loss really.

Edit: Thinking about it, I might have an idea.

Peder 🚀

nothing unusual with my password no..

scotch

Yeah all it is is I forgot people can change their names when I wrote the login script, I'll fix it and apply the changes, it'll be a few minutes.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Tue 07/03/2006 13:31:42
Yeah all it is is I forgot people can change their names when I wrote the login script, I'll fix it and apply the changes, it'll be a few minutes.

Ok, great :)

scotch

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Tue 07/03/2006 13:50:54
It should be ok now.

Yeah it works perfect now:).
Thanks.

Peder 🚀

Gets an error..

"550 Requested action no taken: internal server error"

kOSTAS

I try to upload a corrected zip for the Water Quest v1.0  in order to replace the old  one but  the server refuse to accept me giving this message...

550 Requested action not taken: internal server error

Any idea...??? is it my mistake...? or something else ...

I use the smartftp for the upload I give the right name and password....!!!

Thanks for time spending to read this...

kOSTAS..

scotch

I don't know what's wrong, try naming the file something else, or try deleting the original file first.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: scotch on Thu 30/03/2006 12:06:43
I don't know what's wrong, try naming the file something else, or try deleting the original file first.

I gets the message when I try to log in...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk