Return to Civilization is finished!

Started by misterskipperdoo, Sat 03/09/2005 09:08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

misterskipperdoo

Return to Civilization is finally done!   :)

Download it here:
http://www.freewebtown.com/misterskipperdoo/files/ReturnTo.zip

Thanks to Mats Berglinn and attack_seal for contributing to the final product.
And thanks for playing!

Check out the official website at:
http://www.freewebtown.com/misterskipperdoo

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Nice little game.  I thought there was a death point missing somewhere but it seems I forgot to:

Spoiler
use the shroom on myself the second time through
[close]

Wretched

Bug,
Spoiler
You can cross the quicksand by examining the 'path to the beach' this also works on the crocodile crossing but they still get you. Should I be able to use seaweed on net?
[close]

Akumayo

I can't download  :'(
It seems you've exceeded your monthly bandwidth
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

misterskipperdoo

that was quick! crumb, i thought these people would be good...

anybody have a recommendation on a decent server?

Akumayo(offline)

I always use geocities, and they've not hurt me yet..

SedrynTyros

I've often wondered why folks don't just host the file on the webspace provided by their ISP.  Why use the free services when they tend to crap out so much?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

There's a mirror up at... damn, can't remember the name of the site!

Anyway, check out www.freewebs.com/skimbleshanks/misc.htm and scroll down to the last link. It'll take you to an archive. Open the "FULL" folder, Return to Civilization is around there somewhere.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

misterskipperdoo

okay, got the bugs fixed. Thanks guys!

Will post it (as soon as i have bandwidth again).

New zip version is ReturnTo12.zip

Lordhoban

Slightly off topic, but about something discussed. I was wondering if anyone had a free host that would let me host a 50 meg trailer for my film? Sure, I can go with a crappier format (for a smaller file size), but I'd rather not show the trailer at all if it isn't at least VCD quality, which still isn't perfect, but the minimum quality I'm comfortable showing a trailer off at. I couldn't ever get the quicktime plugins to work very well, it always came off worse. So I left it as VCD.

Oh, and, uumm, can we have screenshots and basic story intro for the game? As I have no idea what it's about currently. Not only that, but the website for it didn't work due to problems already noted above.

misterskipperdoo

Okay, let's try tripod for awhile! ;D

http://returntoca.tripod.com

Tripod site seems to work great. Go ahead and check it out here, until I run out of bandwidth again.

I also just uploaded the new version to the AGS archive. Note that returnto12.zip is the new version with the bugfixes. ReturnTo.zip is the ugly old buggy version. Yuck!
:P

Davis

Great game. Quirky art style and the random speech bubbles for non-essential interactions were great. I especially loved when you tried to put something in the lake. "The leeches in the spring have no use for that item" made me laugh out loud.

One bug I found, and it kind of sucked because I was playing the whole way through so I didn't save:
Spoiler
at the end, if you put the rose on Sophia Hapgood's grave, you can't pick it back up.
[close]
Other then that, I thought the game was great, especially the writing.
"So I've proved my point a thousand fold," snorts Davis. "Ho ho."

misterskipperdoo

Is anybody having trouble with the tripod site? I haven't heard of any troubles.

Davis, I'm glad you like the game, and I'm sorry you hit a glitch  :'( . As much as the beta-testers and myself chugged away, I still missed quite a bit.

Thanks for playing!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI also just uploaded the new version to the AGS archive

Very slow reaction on my behalf. But I gotta ask: what do you mean by the "archive"? You don't mean that place I linked to, do you?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

misterskipperdoo

Im not sure i understand you. All I did was to put a bug-fixed version of the game on the tripod site. By archive, I meant zip file.

Thanks!

TheCheese33

The Tripod link is working very well, but it is going at an extremely low speed for a 12mbit download and a DSL connection. At least it's working. I can't wait to try it out, from your description!

EDIT: I'm glad I'm downloading it before your bandwith runs out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

TheCheese33

Well, I'm playing it right now, and it's great! You have unique dialouge for everything! I have to ask you though; how do you beat that indian salesman to the wine-tasting match?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

lakerz

Hehe, just finished playing and replaying this game.  I loooooved the sense of humor in it....very very funny!  I knew this was going to be a good game as soon as I started the game on easy mode.  :P

I give it a definite thumbs up!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk