Alien Time Zone

Started by , Mon 19/09/2005 12:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Available to download now is a new game by Babar, which he had handed to me to complete the music and then upload it for your pleasure :) ATZ is a short game in which you play Ejak, an alien traveller who has somehow managed to crash land and get himself stuck in a cave on Earth. Using your time travelling abilities you've got to help him find his way out!

So check it out, and please, leave all your comments and suggestions for Babar, as he is away for an extended period of time, (he is unsure when he will be back) - but will love to read what you have to say when he's next present.

RAR (1.3mb)
http://www.screen7.co.uk/download/ATZv1.rar

ZIP (1.5mb)
http://www.screen7.co.uk/download/ATZv1.zip

:)
m0ds

Babar

By some incredible piece of luck, I was online at the exact moment when m0ds uploaded my game. Although it may be a while before I can access the net again, I'd appreciate any comments on the game.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh my! Short, quite short... but very, very sweet! I love the time-travel thingy, and the efficient management of inventory. The detailed animations are also very good - in fact, the sheer detail all over is very pleasing (even though there aren't many things TO detail).

Great work, Babar! I'd really like to see this concept on a larger game.

And thanks for the great music again, m0ds! I particularly liked the time-travelling theme. :=

Er... but do read the info.txt file you uploaded with the game... ::)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Wretched

Always feel disapointed when a game takes more time to download than to complete.

A bundle of really good ideas, loved the 'paw' for mouse, and big bang, now I can say I was there.
I'd set the default game speed higher, I almost stopped playing in frustration, before I found the sliders.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteI'd set the default game speed higher, I almost stopped playing in frustration, before I found the sliders.

That's one of the advantages of the "Help" option, Wretched. ::)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

m0ds

Rui - thanks for pointing that out! I've changed the info.txt now. This game has some awesome concepts, I really love all the time travelling and visiting the different periods for the room. It is a shame that it's really rather short and, although on my first go it did take me quite a while to figure it all out - I guess it could be completed really, really quickly by any pro player.

But this in my mind means only one option - a bigger, better sequel! Bring it on, Babar :D Great work!

Nikolas

How, lovely. As Rui says quite short, but the idea of playing through time is great! And the music Mods lovely...

Now, I was just wondering, how could he make a 5 (?) room game and work with such a big team. I saw in the credits, A LOT of people... :D

Just one question: Do you have to visit all ages, cause I finsihed it without visiting some...

m0ds

Niko,

Spoiler

No, some of them are obsolete!
[close]

Dreamless

I'm stupid..i know. I'm stuck! Can't do nothing with anything. Just talking to people who give me nothing.
A little hint please!

m0ds

Spoiler

In theory then you have what you need to progress. Just try playing a little game of spot the difference!
[close]

Dreamless

Yes...and increasing the brightness of my monitor  :-[

m0ds

You really don't need to do that :) But I won't give you the solution point blank :P

Spoiler

Use your fluids to create a new feature in the age of the floods
[close]

Anyway, this forum is for announcing completed games and I have no idea why these threads always fall into hints + tips topics. If you're stuck, there is a forum dedicated to additional hints and tips so why not visit it :) Good luck!

splat44

Hi,

I just completed the game.

It was short but it was great.

Perhaps, you can make those game a bit more challenging.

Dreamless

No...I mean it. Just couldn,t see on my monitor what was important to finish it. It,s not the game though..just my monitor.
Btw..nice game!

Mordalles

really enjoyed the game! nice work.

i really like the walkcycle of the main character!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Babar

It's great to hear that so many people enjoyed the game.

Nikolasideris, I'll let you in on a secret: The only way to get such a huge team to work on just a 5 (actually 10) room game is to not let any of the team know about the other people working on it ;D. Seriously, the AGS community is incredible. When I had a problem, I just asked for assistance, and someone always came forward and offered to help. I hope I included everyone involved. An example (also for the benefit of Mordalles :) ) : The main character was from the Insta-game pack. So was the left and right walkcycle. The front walkcycle was by yours truly, and the back walkcycle was by ProgzMax.

Dreamless, I'm not sure....what part of the game was too dark to let you proceed?

About the game being so small, the problem was that the concept was only applicable in a small area. That is also why there will probably be no longer sequel (so sorry). It would be incredibly time consuming to make 5 (at least) different versions of the same screen for a full sized game.

Sam.

I hear this game has a lovely door animation, ill check it out.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

m0ds

How about adding a bunch more puzzles to that scene, would you do that Babar, or be happy for me to do that? I have the time to work on an extended version of your game if you want, perhaps travel to a second location... You tell me. I think it's a great concept you've designed :)

Babar

You...you....you want to steal my baby??? :P
Thanks for all the compliments. Since so many people wanted a longer game, I'll work on something in my spare time. Perhaps 2 or 3 room game with their corresponding time-lines? Keep in mind that my spare time now is considerable less than before, so it might take a while.

Iv4n

Yeah, it was short, but it was funny. Good work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk