Reality on the Norm - The Return of Frank Malone (NEW SCREENSHOTS)

Started by DeviantGent, Mon 19/09/2005 21:51:53

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantGent

System Crash Studios proudly presents The Return of Frank Malone.

Overview
A new chapter in the ongoing online series Reality on the Norm that sees the return of the town's finest wannabe crime boss - Frank Malone. This game takes place two years after the events of 'The Underworld.'

Story
Busted out of Santiego de Concertina, the infamous Mexican State prison he has spent the last two years languishing in, Franky is given the offer of a lifetime - in exchange for a few 'jobs' every few months or so, he is free to rebuild his crime empire, free from the interference of a certain zombie mayor and trigger happy evil twin...

Two weeks later, Frank receives his first assignment - he's got two days to track down a leather case that has vanished alongside it's courier somewhere in the crazy town of Reality on the Norm. Even for a member of the notorious Reality Underworld, it's gonna be one tricky job to pull off. Other people are taking an interest in his activities, and of those of his mysterious employers. Just who exactly are the 'bosses'? And what are they planning for Gower and his town?

The Return of Frank Malone features updated RotN graphics, crazy characters both old and new, and a complex and involving story set against the gritty underworld of dealers, racketeers, murderers and Airfix Kit druggies...

Development Progress
Story - 80%
Coding - 35%
Artwork - 45%
Testing - 0%

Screenshots

Melt proposes a plan for the evening's entertainment.

Elandra tries to fathom what is wrong with the Realiser's latest purchases...

Development Diary

September 05
-Ã,  3/4's of Day 1 morning done.
-Ã,  Work begins on Day 1 evening.
-Ã,  First draft of accompanying short story 'Back to Reality'
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 
November 05
- Chapter 1 & 2 of 'Back to Reality' released
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Nethros

Sounds very intresting, I was thinking of Grand Theft Auto a while when reading your story. Could I maybe be a betatester? Or should we take that in PM?

Also I just had to say, in the forum rules it says:

QuoteA minimum of two (in-game) screenshots must be available.
If you aren't far enough to be able to take different screenshots, don't post yet!Ã,  We know some of you don't want to show too much of the game, but two screenies isn't too much to ask!Ã,  Please note that splash screens and options don't count as 1 of the 2.Ã,  They must be actual screenshots of 2 (or more) different backgrounds.

Edit: Maybe it shouldn't be me saying this, but a moderator instead?

DeviantGent

Quite right. More will be uploaded tonight. It was late and I wasn't even sure Image Shack was up to the task of hosting it. Since it is, it should be easy to upload anything else.

Don't worry, there's enough there to show. There's even a couple of demos kicking around on the RON site, as well as some more screenies. The one above is an AGS exclusive though, and the demos are now quite primitive.

And yeah, its gangster/detective genre, so they'll be shades of GTA. Although I'll be sure to keep it only semi-serious. And yes, beta testing would be funky.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

Kweepa

Great, more RoN!
I'm disappointed that my "foxes playing poker" has morphed back to dogs playing poker.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

DeviantGent

Wait a minute... there were foxes?!?

EDIT - Having played III Spy, I see what ye mean. Will ask artist comrade Mr. Flibble to stick foxes in (I cannot do it, as it is saved as a png, something my copy of ArtGem refuses to open, and the shading will suffer under a different thing).

EDIT 2 - Oh, Steve, that reminds me. Do you still have the cha. file of the Sheriff you did for IIISpy? I can't seem to find it in the database, and it would be great if I had that version of him.

combined by Darth - BTW you'd have a better chance of a response by sending the above in a PM
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

DeviantGent

Ahoy folks. Two items of interest.

1) A proper demo will be coming up soonish. There's one that has been kicking around the RON site, but that's been there for a while and is seriously lacking polish and feels a bit empty. This one will be much better.

2) An accompanying RON short story is in the works, to be released chapter by chapter at regular intervals. It is titled 'Back to Reality', and acts as a prequal to the game - setting up several of the major plot points and stories I want to develop further in RoFM.

(The second chapter may particularly appeal to long term Myst fans. That's all I shall say.)

EDIT - New ingame Screenshots are UP. Enjoy, and feel free to comment.
The Deviant Gent
His Tumblr - His Twitter

wpowell

I want to beta test it too. But to me I don't like private messages I like them in the form of email and nothing else. Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk