First of all; thanks everyone for entering and let me start by saying that all entries would have made a great theme for the movie, show or game they were created for (if not better
than the originals
: "Pay It forward"
- I thought the accompaniment of the guitar to the singing was quite moving and I liked the fact you've added lyrics. I'm not quite sure whether the single notes in the intro matches the rest, but overall a very nice theme.dkh
: "Celebrity Death Match"
- A great upbeat piece of music that probably reflects the on-screen action very well when used. I really liked the 'howling' rock guitar. I had some difficulty understanding the melody at times, but the interesting panning made up for that Geoffkhan
: "Dr. Who"
- Great piece of music, very nice intro (building up the tension), the same goes for the interludes. I especially liked the sound of the lead guitar. The only comment I have is that maybe, after the first 95 seconds, it gets somewhat repetitive; there's not anything really new happening. But, as always, a pleasure to listen to your work.nikolasideris
: "After Life"
- Great intro, I also liked the wind that can be heard throughout your composition. I particularly liked the ending where it sounds like chaos takes over
. But, like you said yourself, the bass line tends to get rather repetitive. But nevertheless a nice piece of music.Floskfinger
: "Sonic The Hedgehog"
- Well, nothing bad to say about this one; it's very melodic, there's a lot of great stuff happening and it is very enjoyable. The only thing that kinda bugged me was that you (judging from your own words) did not have the Sonic game in mind when you composed this and that was what I
had in mind when making up the rules for this competition, actually.
Well, time for the final verdict! I never dared to think judging a contest could be this hard/harsh, but here it goes...
The winner is: nikolasideris! Congratulations!