MISSING IN ACTION

Started by foz, Tue 27/09/2005 20:12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

foz

HI all

This is a download for MIA a game i am now unable to finish.
This demo is as far as i got.....I just wish i could have finished as planned.
I thought i would release it as it is and if someone wants they can finish the game.
I would provide all the resources i have and source code .........but the person would need
to have a far idea how to script.
Use this link to download......(file is zipped using win rarÃ,  Ã,  7mb)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=625

Sniper level

Also a shot of the turrets in action..

JUST REMEMBER I DONT WANT BUG REPORTS OR THIS GAME IS INCOMPLETE MESSAGES>

IT IS PLAYABLE TO AROUND THE 5th mission........but you can play on for a few more missions....just scrappy levels.

I WILL HOST THIS FOR A MONTH OR SO ............ IF ANYONE HAS SPACE AND WANTS TO HOST THIS FILE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

laters
fOz

Chicky

seems great to me! Did you ever implement the OSC soldier?

Mordalles

that looks awesome. reminds me of the old cannon fodder game!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Scummbuddy

I may be very interested in taking on the second coming of this game. I know that there are other very qualified scripters out there, but I would like to throw my hat into the ring. I am working on a game somewhat like it and it would give good insight back and forth from each other on their creation.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Even when the month runs out, the game will still be hosted. Right here. ;D

http://aafiles.bicycle-for-slugs.org/non-adventure/Missing%20In%20Action.rar
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Magintz unplugged

Me and some friends were planning on making a RTS type cannon-foddery game, this looks good. When ig et internet back on my own PC I'll download it. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the source code as this could be a neat little project for us.

Iv4n

Waah. This game is TOO hard. Firing with other weapons not always works. It could be better, if you can use the keyboard for the movment. But moving only with the mouse is insane. Other than that it's a great great game.

magintz

This is pretty amazing, but like others have said still needs some work on makign the controls easier.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

foz

Hi
As i said at the top this game is in an unfinished state......

I am UNABLE TO FINISH this game as i no longer have time.

I released this demo as it would have been a lot of work unseen.

The controls are similar to cannon fodder which was what i was trying to achieve.
I agree some tweaking was needed but as this never made it in to a finished test stage the
tweaking has not been done and the game is in a raw state.

When i started this project it mushroomed into a bigger project as i progressed.
As time has gone by i was less able to commit the 3 hours a day to make this project.

As a final point to everyone be aware that when you start a project you might have big plans
but you never know whats going to happen in 6 months or a year later.......
E.g
Game still needs work.......you need to spend time doing other stuff  and dont have time to commit.

I need to concentrate on other stuff without distractions.

I AM PREPARED TO LET SOMEONE OR A TEAM TAKE THIS PROJECT OVER AS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT
FINISHED AND PLAYABLE LIKE MY ORIGINAL PLAN.

I WOULD SUPPLY EVERY RESOURCE I HAVE  GFX-SOUND-MUSIC- AND SOURCE CODE.

IT WOULD NEED A CONFIDENT SCRIPTER FOR OBVIOUS REASONS AS THIS GAME WAS SCRIPTED IN THE GLOBAL SCRIPT.

IT DONT MAKE MUCH SENSE TO ME AND I SCRIPTED IT.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED WHAT I HAVE DONE

REGARDS

Mozesh

I really liked it foz, most of the things are already said, and since you're not working on it anymore I won't bother you with that.
I would really like to see this game to be completed, so anyone, please take over foz's project, please :)

Squinky

Scummy would have the knowledge and ability to complete this.

Rocco

Minimi

Awesome Foz! That's just awesome! Foz, I showed your game (Vel's Apocalypse), to a buddy of me, who's working for "Eidos" in the netherlands, he's a prof at gamedeveloping, and he said that you must be a very talented guy, and he said "It's a game with potention to become professional. Some more effort and finishing touches would do the trick. That were his words, so I encourage you! Go on, with what you like to do! :) Still like you, for putting me in the game btw! :)

foz

hi
rocco...
I `d rather one person or a team take over the project ....
Reason for this is i`d love to see this as i`d intended it to be.
And if someones interested and has a fair idea how to script then this would be ideal.
Another reason is the resources are very high in Megs......
So i could nt host all i have.
I would send a CD with all the "Missing in action" files on to that person.........if there is such a person willing to take this on....

I must admit i would nt want to try and finish someones game.

foz

Quote from: Minimi on Mon 03/10/2005 21:51:22
Awesome Foz! That's just awesome! Foz, I showed your game (Vel's Apocalypse), to a buddy of me, who's working for "Eidos" in the netherlands, he's a prof at gamedeveloping, and he said that you must be a very talented guy, and he said "It's a game with potention to become professional. Some more effort and finishing touches would do the trick. That were his words, so I encourage you! Go on, with what you like to do! :) Still like you, for putting me in the game btw! :)

Minimi: Thanks for your kind comments ......glad you liked the games.
(The minimi appearance was just a bit of fun.....you made it in as a soldier in MIA too.)

As for continuing i m affraid i cant ........(My new career move neeeds much studying time....this pays the BILLS)

(making these games is fun and i have enjoyed doing them but i need to take a rest for a while.................but i m sure i will return in years to come if you are still here.)
Ps
I will still visit forums and comment.......just the game making is off DUE TO THE TIME INVOLED.

Rocco

Quote from: foz on Mon 03/10/2005 21:55:37
hi
rocco...
I `d rather one person or a team take over the project ....
Reason for this is i`d love to see this as i`d intended it to be.

hi foz,

i unterstand that very well.
wish you the best for your job.
hope we see more foz games in the future.  :)

foz

HI ALL

I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS

Scummbuddy has agreed to take on this project........

As soon as he recieves all the source code and resources i will be sending.

I will leave it to him to update you of his plans .

And wish him goodluck with understanding my poor scripting skills.

I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

laters

Afflict

Not to dig up old threads but I sense that this should of been updated... again sometime?

Anyway is scummbuddy still working on this?

Scummbuddy

Sure am. I made a mention of it on my homepage. Right now I'm swamped with animation work for college, but I am going to see that MIA will get the attention it deserves it the late summer months.

I know there is desire for this game and even though it's rather stable now, I must give it more time to become better, as it wouldn't be fair to the original creators to release it with the minor adjustments that have been made on it so far.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Afflict

KEWL!

CAnt wait for those summer months!!

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk