Crave + SlugPrincess

Started by Wretched, Wed 28/09/2005 13:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Wretched

Crave, is now as complete as it's going to be so here you are.

Story:
This is the story of Cacoe, a stick man made of chalk, with special X-Ray vision. Whilst reading a newspaper he comes across an article about someone called Fenelda, this triggers a very early memory in his life, and he sets off to the Hotel Carnaby to investigate.

Crave contains nude scenes and adult themes, and is not suitable for everybody, be warned.

There is also a complete 1980's parody sub-adventure game included within the main adventure called 'Slug Princess', in which a young girl is transformed into a slug and has to find a magical gem in order to save her love, the prince.

There are 4 endings to the main game, the best ending also requires you to get the best ending in the Slug Princess. Which isn't easy....

Screens:

Download:
Crave (24 Mb)

All comments taken on board, and bugs gratefully received.

Enjoy.

EDIT:
I have now released the sub-adventure 'Slug Princess' as a stand alone short game. Basically because it's too well hidden in Crave and people that don't want to play an adult game, or download 24MB instead of 1Mb, can have access to it.

Story:
You play a young Girl who is about to marry the Prince, when an evil Witch materializes and kidnaps the Queen, sends the Prince into a 100 year sleep and then transmogrifies our heroine into a Slug. Your task is to find a fabled Gem and return it to the King so as to pay the Queen's ransom.

Screens:

Download:
SlugPrincess (1 Mb)

Note, it is exactly the same as the Crave version.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

So it has improvements over the MAGS version?

And BTW, congratulations. You've been steadily giving us good games with original concepts. Amazingly scripted games too, might I add. In my book, a Wretched game is already sinonymous (sp?) with quality.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Wretched

Yeah, I had to rush the endings in the MAGS version, I've put a lot more dialogue in to the final scenes as this is where everything really gets explained, and there are a lot of twists at the end.

Fisher

Oh No, Wretched.....

I took your advice to reload the game. I've tried (3) times and having a problem. After about 20 minutes, I'm only at 15%......I have a cable modem....

Any suggestions?

Wretched

Fisher, Be patient.
It takes me about 3hrs to upload the file, I only have 28K modem speed. If you don't have a download manager I'd recommend GetRight it copes with disconnections and eventually gets the job done.

ildu

Took 3 min for me. Seems like a fast server.

Fisher

Yeah, the first time I downloaded it, it went really quickly. For some reason, it's taking a SUPER long time to download this time. Unfortunately, I was only able to download about 22% in about an hour or so. I have a very, very fast cable modem and a download accelerator that hasn't offered problems before.

I'm afraid I'll have to move on..... too bad...I was lovin' it...

(I really like your games, Wretched!)

jane

Only took a few minutes for me ;D.......I'm not on a superfast cable maybe worth trying again Fisher

splat44

Hi Wretched,

Thank you for the update.

I am dowloading right now and will give comment later.

sunshinegold

Hi Wretched:

Tried to download Crave and this is the message I get:

Invalid URL: http://www.alpha72.com/Crave/Crave.rar
The URL or WEBADDRESS you are trying to reach could not be found either Because if either a 404 error- you mistyped it or the site does not exist and thus could not be found or a 405 error- the site does not exist or your internet connection is down.

Anybody else getting this message?

wendy

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the URL.  I just "completed" the game from the new games area by walking to the left of the tower, when I clearly wasn't anywhere near the end of the game.

Wretched

Hi, sorry guys was uploading some fixes. Should be there now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Huh? So it's got even more fixes now? Please tell us about these things. Maybe you should start adding a version number. :) That'd make it v1.2
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

IggyTheSmidge

Just downloaded the most recent version, and the game still ends when I walk left at the tower...

I take it that walking left should actually take me behind the tower instead?

Edit: Just replayed from the beginning - no bug, and no need to try getting behind the tower. :)

Wretched

Iggy, Oh no, I've started a new upload, I thought maybe I had uploaded the wrong one last night. Never mind , 3hrs to go ....

IggyTheSmidge

Oops, sorry 'bout that.

It's worth noting though that if I load my old saved game (ie the one created before the update) the bug is still there. Looks like some element of the save file carries the bug through into the new version...

Wretched

No major changes but a new version 1.02 is up now.

Wretched

New version 1.04 is out.
A couple of major bug fixes, some minor ones, and a brand new puzzle which I didn't have time to add for MAGS version and neatly ties in 3 of the rooms that otherwise served no purpose.

Mordalles

hehe, that must be why im getting the error! since i downloaded around 55% two days ago, and continued yesterday, but when he got to 99% it gave me an error, and dont want to finish the download. guess ill have to restart then.  :'(  ;D

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

sunshinegold

Wretched:

Again I have a problem that no one else has reported.  I must be jinxed.

I've downloaded Crave, but cannot do anything with winsetup.  Whenever I try clicking on it, my computer freezes.

What can I do.  I'd like to play. Can you suggest anything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk