Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitfire

Umm, all the links for downloading the game are broken.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

PauTo

The game looks (and plays) great! I need some help with the stone table and the power module (silly me), I talk to Teal'c and he only says that the fourth symbol is like the iluminated symbol.

Some suggestions, can you make that double-clicking on room exits automatically go to the next room instead of walking the whole way? And also stop talking when clicking in the "action area" would be a great addition to the gameplay (IMHO, of course).

Keep on the good work!

Sektor 13

You can use ESC to skip walking.

Spoiler
Use metal rod on that iluminated spot inside
[close]

lpassos

I've registered to the forums just to say that I've just downloaded this game and started playing it and am enjoying it very much.

Great game Sektor 13. Great graphics, nice music. I hope we'll see more games from you.

I can't wait for the grammar fixes for this one though.

Regards,
Luis

voh

I downloaded it a while back and ran it, and it was so incredibly slow that I decided not to play it.

I went back yesterday and tinkered with the settings. Did you know the standard package you can download from the mirror from RUI (the other link doesn't seem to work at all), is set to 640x480 and no sound? MIght want to check your configs :)

Anyway, setting it to 320x240 and sound on made it run fast enough, and finally the sound and music worked.

The first planet gives me a "The Dig" feeling. Which is one of my most favourite games ever, due to its atmosphere. The investigating of alien ruins was awesome. The station situation was kind of awkward, as there's a lot of room to walk, but not that much to do - so a lot of useless walking was involved. Getting the Shill Harm Crystal was kind of... easy. It felt a bit rushed, but that might not be the case. The puzzles on the base on the Vulcanic Planet were really nice, but the defeat of Anubis was kind of... lacking as well.

It wasn't the "HOO HAH! I FINISHED THE EVIL WARLORD" kind of ending that I'd sort of wanted after my heroic deeds of awesomeness :P

But all in all, I loved it. I can't wait until you make your next game.

Also, I wrote a Walkthrough for the game :P
Still here.

Sektor 13

Yo.

Thanks.

When a released the game a set resolution to 640x480, as it work fine on my comp. (1500mhz), and music should me set on DirectX. Strange..

I will release new, spell error free, version - 1.2 , and try to set the thing right . :)

voh

Still here.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Whoooops. Actually, voh, I think that config is my fault. Sorry about that.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

LeChuck

Wow, this game had probably the best graphics I've seen in an AGS game. There's a few things I would like to comment though (apart from the much needed grammar fix):

1. Why did the game come with both sound and music turned off by default (inside winsetup.exe)? I played through over half the game thinking the game had no sound :(

2. Walking speed made my rip my hair out. Either give the player the opportunity to double click to skip to the next screen, hold a button to speed up the game, or allow the possibility to increase the walking speed.

But by all means, a good game!

Edit: Ah, pressing ESC, I wish I would have known this playing the game, though. I don't think a lot of people will find out about it, as I haven't seen it in any other adventure games. Surely a double-click will be more accessable for the average gamer?

Looking through previous posts, I still don't know why the game should come with all sound options turned off... Am I missing something here? :(

Sektor 13

About sound and music, you should read few posts up, and you can skip walking with ESC key.

Mordalles

thx, sektor, awesome game. loved the bgs in the lava place. a lot of the terms and story went over my head, since i dont know stargate, but still, great game. haha.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Sinister

Indeed this is one great game. It has been a long time since i have seen such a good well balanced and creative game. I cant say that i have played all of it, but it is quite fun.

If anything the only part i found frustrating was walking around the base trying to find something to do. But other than that it was great.

Excellent i hope i see more of your games.

wanted31_poland

The text with the "EAt yourself MacGyver " Rox :D ;D

DonB

This game..

I got no words for it..

Bring it out commercial man!  ;D
Damm good!

wanted31_poland

I just finished the game ! Awsome ! awsome !

We are ( the ppl ) waiting for the second episode or maybe larger edition :) GREAT GAME !

MarVelo

CANNNOT wait for the version 1.2!

scourge

i haven't completed it yet, but from the game i played so far it's an excellent game. Great backgrounds.

Trenidor

Alright, this is bugging me...

I can only find 2 metal pieces to put in the engravings, are there more or am I doing things wrong?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk