Stargate Adventure v1.21 - NEW, added Spanish translation !

Started by Sektor 13, Sat 29/10/2005 14:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCheese33

Hi, Sektor. Love the game.

I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but...I'm stuck on the sliding puzzle in the ruins. I know how to move everything, but the funnel won't open, even when I connect the top to the bottom. I read the walkthrough, but it refused to show a picture of what the solution should look like. Could you possibly take a pic of it? Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Sektor 13

here is a link to the correct solution, and as far as i know, there can't be any other one.

SPOILER PIC BELOW !!!***********************
http://freeweb.siol.net/zagar413/KZ/puzzle1.png

After right set, hatch below openes...

TheCheese33

Thanks! ;D

Edit:
Doh! I didn't notice the other line. Thanks for putting up with me.

EDIT EDIT: I liked the game, but it was too short for my tastes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Chroelle

I am trying to play this game, and I have actually succeded in doing so once, where I got to the long dialogue when the whole team arrived.

I took a break and when I tried to turn the game back on, it simply crashes during the intro. I found out that you had used some plugins and went and downloaded them, but with no luck. Game still crashes during intro...
I get no real error message simply a: "You want to send an error report?"

Do you have ny idea what this could be?
CWF Freeware. We are going to be the biggest freeware site ever. Trust me on this.

Sektor 13

Hmm, no idea !? Try to move intro avi file out of the games directory, so it won0t play it, you will get an error about missing file, but game should work... hope it helps

Tracubetto

Sorry to bother you but it seem that the download of linux version doesn't work.
I get a "This file has expired due to inactivity." message...
can you help me?

Sektor 13

Quote from: Tracubetto on Fri 17/11/2006 12:21:25
Sorry to bother you but it seem that the download of linux version doesn't work.
I get a "This file has expired due to inactivity." message...
can you help me?

Hmm, i guess file expired.. i will try to uploadi it again.. i hope :)

joe_22

Hi Sektor 13,
Thanks for the game, it seems very good.
However there is one little thing that i don't like: after the great first scene in the ruins there are several automatic dialogs (without interaction). English is not my native language and after some minutes of text I started to quickly left click skipping the dialogs... then, OMG, suddenly a scary timer appears and I don't know why. :D :D
In short, in my opinion very long automatic dialog, are boring. ;)

Thanks again for your game, and surely I will play again the game because it seems funny... this time I will read all the dialogs :)
Hi

Sektor 13

Hi

Well, I need a lot of "text" to explain some  situations, and as is common for SG is that you get some longer explanations in the series too. I guess we all have to live with it :).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I just need to butt in and say that if English is not your native language... no, let me generalize. If the game's language is not the player's language, and if he doesn't want to tax his language skills too much... well, it's an adventure game. Most of these are heavy on dialog and text. Better not play the game at all. I'd love to play "Der verschwundene Husky", and all the Maniac Mansion Mania games, but I just can't until I know the language better - my current level of german simply isn't enough, and therefore I can't blame the game's makes for making it that way.

Also, the player doesn't really have to right to shocked or surprised by an event such as a timer or an inventory item being added without his knowledge if he's going to go around skipping text. If you skip pages of a book, are you going to complain to the author about how confusing the story got?

In fact, let me take the analogy a step further - if you were reading a foreign book, in a language you mostly understood but not really excelled in, and skipped long bouts of description/dialog/whatever, then whose fault is it if you end up not getting the story at all?

Joe, please don't take offence - this isn't directed at you. Your post simply got me thinking about all these points, and I thought I'd share.

I hope this isn't off-topic.

...it is. Damn. Ah well, to make it on-topic - Sektor, the best thing you can do is, as you've been doing, to get someone else to "translate" your text. I love your art, I really like your game design, et al, and the one thing that drags me down is your own original text. Let me be blunt - you're not a really good writer (talking about TEXT, not about STORY or DESIGN). Let me be blunter - you're rather bad at it. Let me be even blunter still - you have obviously recognized it, and rather than giving us a less-than-polished product marred by your inability to write ('s ok, I can't draw a straight line to save my life. Hope I never have to), you've allowed someone else to take over, someone skilled in that area. Not everyone can recognize their low points like that, and not everyone can allow someone else to step in at that point and complement their own work. This was very noticeable in Project Xenophobe, but it's also quite clear here. Kudos to you, for not letting some of your under-developed skills getting in the way of making a great game.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

joe_22

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Thu 23/11/2006 22:17:45
Better not play the game at all.

Hi Rui,

Well, obviously you are right. In fact I quitted and not played... yet ;)
I've just explained the reason, as a feedback for Sektor 13. I thought could be useful to him, but he can use my feedback as he wants... It's only my little single opinion, not a "complain" at all. :)

Generally I love dialogs, but not the automatic one (even in my own language), because i prefer to interact with a game (puzzles and talking with other characters), not simply watching the monitor.

In this game I think that the "in action talking system" is fantastic (ie talking via radio, show to other objects, and so on).  As you can see is not a problem of the amount of text, but the time I watch the monitor without interact. And since English is not my native language, this time is a bit longer...

But please not misunderstand me, the game has many good quality such the graphics, the setting in SG universe, and the already mentioned talking system.
I hope my bad english allow me to explain correctly my opinion, if this appear to somebody rude please accept my apologize :)

Sektor 13

Woa, nice debate here :).

Well, facts are fact :) ,  i will try to release my next game fully translated in the first time.. althou there will be some auto dialogs :(

Sektor 13

Sorry for diging up old topic, but still :), Spanish translation is available by Pipin !

http://freeweb.siol.net/zagar413/KZ/Spanish.tra

Maverick

Great game!
I'm not a Stargate fan but once I started the game I just couldn't quit until I finished it. It is obvious that an enormous amount of work went into this project and all I can say is great job on everything from the storyline to animations and puzzles. The intro is awesome!!

Cinfa

I found a bug:
Spoiler

There's a door that can be opened with C4 and with some kind of metal symbols.
If I put 2 symbols in place, then set the C4, then add the last symbol, the door opens, but the C4 remains floating in the air (and maybe exploding, I loaded so I dunno this).
[close]

Sektor 13

Hi

Thanks. Yes this could be true, as i never added function to check if C4 is in place while inserting symbols... :)

SuperDre

Just wanted to let you know that I'm really loving the game so far (I'm at the planet with the lava).. After this one, looking forward to playing the infinity string...
thanx for a great game and keep up the great work..
BTW how long did it take you to create the stargate game?

MattChinn

HI! this game is fantastic... i hav played it like 30 times in a row & still love it..... esspecially love the crystal puzzle ;)....... enough said...

Just a question. . . . . how do you get through the force field toward the end of the game? the way through has eluded me for a while now.... && im going bonkers...

does any1 know how? :S can you actually get through?

wbp

Sektor 13

Hi

Hey thank you !

Yes you can  get trought force field in the vulcanic planet::

spoiler:
you must kill that half robot with teleport rings - teleport and push :)
end:

By the way, there is a secret room in SG command, it is kind a easter egg :)

enjoy

Marc2006

Sektor 13,

I just completed your Stargate Adventures game and loved the entire storyline, premise, gameplay and graphics.

You did an incredible job! Keep up the great work!  ;D

Your take on adventure games is greatly appreciated!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk